What's new

Thousands remember Tiananmen Square crackdown in Hong Kong

more like china was made to swallow that system in order to get HK. otherwise HK will continue to be british and avoid the locusts

HK will not survive without China, past, present and future. While HK can do without brits. Because of the links of HK to China, many indians though still living poorly in HK they are middle class in india without worrying about regular power outage,infants born underweight or illiterate, or dying because of the immense dirt or diseases in india!

Now india's mercury is rising to new heights of 50 degrees! The horrifying monsoon is coming which will spark off seasonal outbreak of dengue fever, typhoids, dysentry, cholera, malaria ...and terrible scenes all across india after the monsoon!

I do not need to pretend. The contrast between US and China is obvious when it comes to these ideologically and politically motivated mass protests. Yours is the default response of violence by the military. Ours is to keep silent.

Ideologies and political choices are matter of opinions and right now I see yours are no better than China's as yours once were.

As far as using military response was the fact China was ill prepare for demonstrations this magnitude in 1989 because, unlike the west, she never had such problem. Now her local enforcement are well equip to deal with such matters, of course not as brutal as your country's counterparts.

Ideologies and political choices are matter of opinions and right now I see yours are no better than China's as yours once were.
China adopted capitalism. That is an admission that one opinion is better than another.

As far as using military response was the fact China was ill prepare for demonstrations this magnitude in 1989 because, unlike the west, she never had such problem. Now her local enforcement are well equip to deal with such matters, of course not as brutal as your country's counterparts.
Right...And you will go all the way back to the Kent State 'massacre' to call it 'brutal'.

more like china was made to swallow that system in order to get HK. otherwise HK will continue to be british and avoid the locusts

In your Indian mindset, perhaps it is. Once you have a chance you can't wait to swallow the whole of it, ended up in hurting yourself. But not in their educated Chinese mindset.

PLA could take over HK in hours, but Deng left it intact except taking over military and diplomatic responsibility. Thus happy HKers pour their money into mainland to make more money, making everybody happier.

In fact, PLA could take over HK as early as in 1949, but wise CPC, unlike your stupid democracy, decided to leave open a window to the West via HK, and to learn a thing or two from there...

China adopted capitalism. That is an admission that one opinion is better than another.

Right...And you will go all the way back to the Kent State 'massacre' to call it 'brutal'.

I didn't mentioned any specific incident, you do and you probable can tell me more for I don't keep records on others' mishaps.

China style of capitalism was a necessity rather than a choice but I must say, thanks to our Mr Deng, it turned out perfect for our society.

I didn't mentioned any specific incident, you do and you probable can tell me more for I don't keep records on others' mishaps.
Then show everyone how are we more 'brutal' than the PLA when it comes to ideologically and politically motivated mass protests by the citizenry? Your fellow Chinese who are US citizens and living in the US are probably cringing at your comment.

In your Indian mindset, perhaps it is. Once you have a chance you can't wait to swallow the whole of it, ended up in hurting yourself. But not in their educated Chinese mindset.

PLA could take over HK in hours, but Deng left it intact except taking over military and diplomatic responsibility. Thus happy HKers pour their money into mainland to make more money, making everybody happier.

In fact, PLA could take over HK as early as in 1949, but wise CPC, unlike your stupid democracy, decided to leave open a window to the West via HK, and to learn a thing or two from there...

lol..USA can take over hundreds of countries with these logic..but explain why China should take over HK???or is it China's mania to take over neighbours???looks like your educated logic failed..

hostile takeover wasn't an option in HK case. just like it isn't an option in Taiwan's case. the "wise" CPC knows that

it is not demonstration in their own country that they want to clamp down. their people can throw them out of a job! what is more grosteque is they'll vent the frustration all out on some innocent countries in the name of pursuing their human rights, democratic ideologies and end up massacring millions in the process! Vietnam is a typical case in point! Has the french / us changed anything in there after killing and poisoning so many people including some of their own citizens!

China style of capitalism was a necessity rather than a choice but I must say, thanks to our Mr Deng, it turned out perfect for our society.
Wrong...It was a choice and still is. It was a choice twice: When China under Mao rejected it and when Deng decided to change the country towards it.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom