What's new

The PAF is set to receive a batch of Egyptian Air Force Mirage-Vs

PAF is lip tightened on any acquisition or induction.
I spoke with an Ex-EAF technician who said he heard nothing about the deal. I personally think Egypt should modify them and develop avionics and tech to test on them but apparently the decision makers aren’t on the same frequency. I’ll keep checking.

PAF new acquisition
20210429_195407.jpg

and this old tweet from Jan 2019

Details of Egypt air force Mirage Vs

Egyption_Dassault_Mirage_5_delivered_01.png

Egyption_Dassault_Mirage_5_delivered_02.png

Mirage 5SDE : Single-seat radar-equipped fighter-bomber version for Egypt, equivalent to Mirage IIIE; 54 built
Mirage 5E2 : Upgraded radarless attack version for Egypt. 16 built
Mirage 5SDR : Export version of the Mirage 5R for Egypt; six built
Mirage 5SDD : Two-seat trainer for Egypt; six built
:hitwall:

Sir why are you putting onus on us. When you exactly know the answer and you want us to tell. I have no clue. Neither about these nor about new jets. But I am pretty sure you and @PanzerKiel know the answer. Sir you don't want to tell us at least don't taunt us.
Dear Brother,

Humble Apologies. In no way was it a taunt, to you, or any of the other members I tagged.

The policy is very simple, if said news has not been published by an official / semi-official source, I cannot comment. Hope you understand.

Best Regards

I think the French are making this process difficult since they would need to approve the deal, even if Pakistan has a good relationship with France. Their problem would be making India upset and so are either telling both parties to wait, or have refused the deal to go through. I think it's terrible that once you purchase a weapon system like these fighters and they are over a certain amount of years old, the original manufacturer should have no say in the matter unless the acquiring country is an enemy, which Pakistan is most certainly not with the vast amount of Mirages you folks have.

I even made a recent comment on our EAF thread how much I despise the way the French do military business and we've spent over $12 billion with them from Rafales to Mistrals helicopter carriers & LHD to a VERY EXPENSIVE FREMM frigate and 4 Gowind corvettes that we decided to but 24 Rafales first (with an option for 12 more) to see how quick and efficiently the EAF would incorporate such an advanced, 2 engine fighter and turns out it was a super smooth incorporation and they loved them. Now the EAF wants the 12 more and France is making the option which is completely in Egypt's favor worst than pulling teeth. I don't know what the @#$$$%*(*^%Y is wrong with these darn Francois. An option given by a country needs to be honored immediately and the fact that they haven't and are playing games means they are not good to deal with and probably have something to do with this.

Last edited:
Correct,
The french are in no mood to play ball. On the contrary the more they spoil the show the more money they are making.
While having said that, you must also understand, any deal with the french always has plenty of corruption in it; from the first letter inked until the asset dies.

Thus, promote local industry, and be self reliant.

I think the French are making this process difficult since they would need to approve the deal, even if Pakistan has a good relationship with France. Their problem would be making India upset and so are either telling both parties to wait, or have refused the deal to go through. I think it's terrible that once you purchase a weapon system like these fighters and they are over a certain amount of years old, the original manufacturer should have no say in the matter unless the acquiring country is an enemy, which Pakistan is most certainly not with the vast amount of Mirages you folks have.

I even made a recent comment on our EAF thread how much I despise the way the French do military business and we've spent over $12 billion with them from Rafales to Mistrals helicopter carriers & LHD to a VERY EXPENSIVE FREMM frigate and 4 Gowind corvettes that we decided to but 24 Rafales first (with an option for 12 more) to see how quick and efficiently the EAF would incorporate such an advanced, 2 engine fighter and turns out it was a super smooth incorporation and they loved them. Now the EAD wants the 12 more and it's worst than pulling teeth. I don't know what the @#$$$%*(*^%Y is wrong with these darn Francois. An option given by a country needs to be honored immediately and the fact that they haven't and are playing games means they are not good to deal with and probably have something to do with this.

I even made a recent comment on our EAF thread how much I despise the way the French do military business and we've spent over $12 billion with them from Rafales to Mistrals helicopter carriers & LHD to a VERY EXPENSIVE FREMM frigate and 4 Gowind corvettes that we decided to but 24 Rafales first (with an option for 12 more) to see how quick and efficiently the EAF would incorporate such an advanced, 2 engine fighter and turns out it was a super smooth incorporation and they loved them. Now the EAD wants the 12 more and it's worst than pulling teeth. I don't know what the @#$$$%*(*^%Y is wrong with these darn Francois. An option given by a country needs to be honored immediately and the fact that they haven't and are playing games means they are not good to deal with and probably have something to do with this.
No - there is no reason from French to say anything on this.

No - there is no reason from French to say anything on this.

Why not? Aside from any contractual clauses that might be part of the original purchase that prohibits Egypt to sell these aircraft to any country without the full approval of the French government and military, there are also other issues that complicate this deal from going through, one being the India/France Rafale deal that was such a struggle and a delicate balance that France would never want to upset, but that is secondary to not only the contractual clauses, but the primary reason would be that Egypt is currently France's #1 customer for military purchases, and I'm not just talking about the things we already bought like the 24 Rafales, 2 mistrals, the FREMM, the 4 Gowind Corvettes and more, but current major negotiations for a large amount of Scorpene deep sea submarine that our Jewish cousins are vehemently opposing.

Think about it for even a second: You are the US or the UK and you sell 80 of your best aircraft (at the time, the Mirage V was the best thing going with Dassault), the contract would undoubtedly include a clause that these jets can never be sold to a 3rd party without the express, written consent of the original seller which happens to be Dassault and France in this case.

There are even clauses in some contracts that will make your head spin. For example, just a couple of months ago I read about the Saudi purchase of the Boeing KC-707/KE-3A refueling tankers from the US to Saudi Arabia and the clause is that they can only fly and perform air to air refueling activities within the Arabian Peninsula only! And when they have to travel far enough for an exercise with another country where they would need to refuel in the air, they need to sign contracts prior to use NATO or US tankers that would be in the area. So not only are there clauses for never selling to 3rd parties without full consent and permission, but there are tons of usages clauses too. You know about that being in the SA military yourself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom