What's new

The PAF is set to receive a batch of Egyptian Air Force Mirage-Vs

So no Mirages from Egypt then?! :rofl: almost 50 pages and hundreds of posts later. Why do I get the feeling all the talk of Block-52/72, J-15/16, J-20, J-10 etc etc will fall the same fate? These threads are a microcosm of the Pakistani psyche...a lot of talk, boasting, egos, and disconnect with reality, but that's why I love you guys :pakistan:

On a serious note: Not everyone is an official or with insider source or some kind of links, therefore, such discussion is beauty of an open Forum that in the end makes it informative and authentic. Hadn't we discussed all the way beside input of everyone per their own observation, we would never get an answer or would never learnt anything.

My previous post was on lighter mode.

Sometimes, our friends here minds if something contrary to the wishes, is being told. So conclusively, we have a discussion with all the possibilities, facts, rumors and conspiracies but at least in one single thread.

Everyone! @Imran Khan to be blamed. Throw him to the wolves. :lol:
why do i blamed ? anyone going to buy medicine and stop at your door its not mean medicine is for you :lol:
where they will land ? UAE not good too far . iran not good relations . india too near to china only place they can get support was pakistan . but as soon as someone land in pakistan we start cooking stories of imagination weapons delivery . :P
I tagged you for a reason and I knew you can do that but not like this. Dil tu kar raha ha k ban kar du. :hitwall:

That was a sarcastic serious. Ghalti hu gai. :butcher:
many here want so say me something in urdu ? it will be
اگر میں اپنے جھوٹ کے ساتھ خوش ہوں تو پھر تم مجھ پر سچ مسلط کرنے والے ہوتے کون ہو۔:enjoy::enjoy::enjoy:

Two Egyptian C-130H landed today at OPRN (Dated: July 28, 2020)

https://falcons.pk/photo/Lockheed-C-130H-Hercules/2882

Photo-2882.jpg

https://falcons.pk/photo/Lockheed-C-130H-Hercules/2883

Photo-2883.jpg

https://falcons.pk/photo/Lockheed-C-130H-Hercules/2888

Photo-2888.jpg

A stop over visit in Pakistan on way to China is more plausible. Mirages if being delivered can not be via C-130, even if just parts, no such urgency. Since these are mothballed jets and unsafe to fly them to Pakistan.. Likely will come disassembled via sea and we will use them up for parts.

How many to be cannibalized?

I'm not sure why any of them would be cannibalized, to be honest with you. Unless you folks are short of some major spare parts or something. But if the deal is for 36 of them and 23 of them (mostly SDEs) were part of the Horus upgrade in 2010 and have been kept in great condition with their dedicated bases out of Aswan and south of Egypt IIRC, often flying with the Hellenic AF as well as the Jordanian AF. The active jets were a mix of mostly 5SDD, 5E, 5SDE and the recon version in the 5DDR. Point is they were very well taken care of and we rarely saw any pictures of them unless someone else (other airforce personnel) took a picture of them such as this super rare photo of one of the 2-seaters I believe is the 5DD. They were VERY protective of them for some reason. This is during one of the exercises with the Jordanian AF and that 5DD is simply a beauty.

Egyptian_Mirage_5SDD_in_Jordan.jpg

All the Horus upgrades made for some great Mirage 5 squadrons that were quite special in the EAF. I'm actually bummed out to see these retired or go to another AF. I suppose going to the PAF is better than retiring them but not for cannibalization! Ooof that would suck. But I suppose if you buy them and pay for them, you can do whatever you wish with them I just hope you make better use than taking them apart, especially when they're perfectly fine and well-functioning classic fighter jets.

Look at this stunning beauty!
b21dbc1f2504d4803fb587de3a58c5ec.jpg

img-mirage-5-egypt-332.jpg

These are the rare glimpses that would come out from army/air force news video clips and people would be forced to take stills from these videos because these birds were rarely allowed to be photographed, especially after the upgrade in 2010. We noticed these 4 SDDs flying in one of those video clips and it was barely a split second, we realized at the time that they had settled on this wildly crazy camo scheme and sure enough, someone took the still out of it and now it's on google images.

Egyptian_Mirage_5E2s_late_flying.jpg

Then these 2 SDEs were part of Bright Star (not sure of the year) and they made a high speed fly-by, then turned and went high a couple miles away and fired guns or rockets on simulated ground targets. These were also pics taken by Americans who were present during the exercise.

0*8DPZ4YNIxVYjAvwY.jpg

Two_Egyptian_Air_Force_Mirage_fighter_jets_fire_missiles.jpg

Someone mentioned that the deal would not include weapons and I would question that. What would be the reason for us to keep any of the weapons? I don't think we would need them for our 2000s since they have their own packages, but I would think most of the basic weapons and MICA A2As would be part of the deal since they wouldn't be much use staying behind. Same with the drop tanks and any additional engines etc.

images

Either way, at least they're going to a respectable air force that we know will make the best out of them (I hope no cannibalization, though) and may they serve another 10 - 15 years in the PAF as well as bring our two countries more together.

Micas are very expensive and could easily be used on M2Ks or Rafales. So I doubt they will go. Also, France may not wish to give PAF Micas for various political reasons.

If they come with the Micas, would be a major boost for PAF, as they would instantly get 23 BVR platforms operational. Integrating SD-10 to RC-400 could be tricky but the Chinese have developed a special pylon that allows integration (supposedly).

I'm not sure why any of them would be cannibalized, to be honest with you. Unless you folks are short of some major spare parts or something. But if the deal is for 36 of them and 23 of them (mostly SDEs) were part of the Horus upgrade in 2010 and have been kept in great condition with their dedicated bases out of Aswan and south of Egypt IIRC, often flying with the Hellenic AF as well as the Jordanian AF. The active jets were a mix of mostly 5SDD, 5E, 5SDE and the recon version in the 5DDR. Point is they were very well taken care of and we rarely saw any pictures of them unless someone else (other airforce personnel) took a picture of them such as this super rare photo of one of the 2-seaters I believe is the 5DD. They were VERY protective of them for some reason. This is during one of the exercises with the Jordanian AF and that 5DD is simply a beauty.

All the Horus upgrades made for some great Mirage 5 squadrons that were quite special in the EAF. I'm actually bummed out to see these retired or go to another AF. I suppose going to the PAF is better than retiring them but not for cannibalization! Ooof that would suck. But I suppose if you buy them and pay for them, you can do whatever you wish with them I just hope you make better use than taking them apart, especially when they're perfectly fine and well-functioning classic fighter jets.

These are the rare glimpses that would come out from army/air force news video clips and people would be forced to take stills from these videos because these birds were rarely allowed to be photographed, especially after the upgrade in 2010. We noticed these 4 SDDs flying in one of those video clips and it was barely a split second, we realized at the time that they had settled on this wildly crazy camo scheme and sure enough, someone took the still out of it and now it's on google images.

Then these 2 SDEs were part of Bright Star (not sure of the year) and they made a high speed fly-by, then turned and went high a couple miles away and fired guns or rockets on simulated ground targets. These were also pics taken by Americans who were present during the exercise.

0*8DPZ4YNIxVYjAvwY.jpg

Someone mentioned that the deal would not include weapons and I would question that. What would be the reason for us to keep any of the weapons? I don't think we would need them for our 2000s since they have their own packages, but I would think most of the basic weapons and MICA A2As would be part of the deal since they wouldn't be much use staying behind. Same with the drop tanks and any additional engines etc.

images

Either way, at least they're going to a respectable air force that we know will make the best out of them (I hope no cannibalization, though) and may they serve another 10 - 15 years in the PAF as well as bring our two countries more together.

0*8DPZ4YNIxVYjAvwY.jpg

images

I think idea is raise one new Sqdn and replace non rose Sqdn if all 36 are great shape those replaces old Non Rose mirages of PAF can be used as spare parts Horus looks brand new place kept in mint condition

0*8DPZ4YNIxVYjAvwY.jpg

images

In my opinion, the word "Cannibalization" is misused widely. Only non flyable will be used for parts and not all of them. Initial report suggested the deal for Mirage Vs. These birds will really support current fleet and add more punch.

Reading the posts of the senior members suggests ,the Horus are not here yet. But just for the fan boyz, a couple of Youtube channels were already breaking the news of the delivery of Horus a few days ago. Here are a few clips just for keeping the FANTASIES alive!

Don't worry about Youtubers, next they will claim that America will provide F-35 to us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading the posts of the senior members suggests ,the Horus are not here yet. But just for the fan boyz, a couple of Youtube channels were already breaking the news of the delivery of Horus a few days ago. Here are a few clips just to keep the FLAME alive!
Pal, please dont post b/s youtube videos. any idiot is now having a channel.

if NDTV and other channel diahorea was not enough, we have this to contend with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Such fan made videos are not welcome here. Please keep it clean and when it is about to post a source, make sure that is credible enough to be treated as such.

Regards,

Is it confirmed that Pakistan has received Mirage Vs from Egypt?
608960AA-116F-418B-942E-823E3BE33182.jpeg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom