What's new

The PAF is set to receive a batch of Egyptian Air Force Mirage-Vs

Sorry, but no - it may be used an excuse in this case but it is not reality with such an old unit. If such signoff were required, why did Pak managed to get a huge collection of M3/5. Then why did Atlas completely gut the entire fleet into Cheetahs or further sell off the Cheetahs to various South American countries.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the Cheetahs fleet. But every deal is not the same. You can never make that comparison. You also have to be familiar with the history at the time they were bought and how we were somewhat in a state of war with Israel and the Israelis has the V which they called the Nesher for obvious reasons I already mentioned, and you need to be specifically familiar with what is currently happening between France and Egypt and the additional Rafale deals as well as all the deep sea submarines they're negotiating. Negotiations are about having the upper hand and there is no doubt that they brought out that clause or whatever you want to call it that those aircraft cannot be sold to other countries without France's permission. You also have India.

This is France leveraging Egypt and not Pakistan. I hope you folks understand that. The French contracts are crazy. If you think it's an excuse, then what is that excuse, money? Where's the source for that. If it wasn't for the permission clause, all those modernized Vs would've been on their way to France. The Pakistani CoS was in Egypt several times and we're eager to develop a good relationship with Egypt but there are unfortunate constraints. I know your biased opinion of Egypt so I will be truthful with you, it is very difficult discussing anything related to Egypt because of your extreme hatred of the country.

I bet you if the actually end up making the deal work, you'll bring out some other stuff about how bad condition they're in and work your bias because nothing will ever convince you. You can believe whatever you like. Cheers.

I do believe these were held either by pressure from master bone sawer or probably to get more money.

LOL! Boy you really dislike Arabs in general. That was funny, though. "pressure from the bone sawer" LMAO'.

PS Do you have PAF had issues getting Mirages from Libya, Lebanon, Spain, and Australia etc before? If there is a holdup it with the EAF not France. After all, we are buying helos from there right now.

Why would it be out of the realm of possibility that the clause, if there were any written in them for those countries you mentioned actually approved by France? They didn't want Libya to have them when they were planning on bombing the crap out of that poor country at some point, right? Why not get the Lebanese ones as far away from Israel to weaken them even more for their Zionist friends? Australia, completely irrelevant in my opinion. Just having a disagreement discussion with you and I realize your intellectual position is much higher than many here, so it's good to have this conversation. Hopefully the truth comes out and If I as in the wrong, trust me, you won't get more of an admission on being incorrect from this man.

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm not familiar with the Cheetahs fleet. But every deal is not the same. You can never make that comparison. You also have to be familiar with the history at the time they were bought and how we were somewhat in a state of war with Israel and the Israelis has the V which they called the Nesher for obvious reasons I already mentioned, and you need to be specifically familiar with what is currently happening between France and Egypt and the additional Rafale deals as well as all the deep sea submarines they're negotiating. Negotiations are about having the upper hand and there is no doubt that they brought out that clause or whatever you want to call it that those aircraft cannot be sold to other countries without France's permission. You also have India.

This is France leveraging Egypt and not Pakistan. I hope you folks understand that. The French contracts are crazy. If you think it's an excuse, then what is that excuse, money? Where's the source for that. If it wasn't for the permission clause, all those modernized Vs would've been on their way to France. The Pakistani CoS was in Egypt several times and we're eager to develop a good relationship with Egypt but there are unfortunate constraints. I know your biased opinion of Egypt so I will be truthful with you, it is very difficult discussing anything related to Egypt because of your extreme hatred of the country.

I bet you if the actually end up making the deal work, you'll bring out some other stuff about how bad condition they're in and work your bias because nothing will ever convince you. You can believe whatever you like. Cheers.

LOL! Boy you really dislike Arabs in general. That was funny, though. "pressure from the bone sawer" LMAO'.

Why would it be out of the realm of possibility that the clause, if there were any written in them for those countries you mentioned actually approved by France? They didn't want Libya to have them when they were planning on bombing the crap out of that poor country at some point, right? Why not get the Lebanese ones as far away from Israel to weaken them even more for their Zionist friends? Australia, completely irrelevant in my opinion. Just having a disagreement discussion with you and I realize your intellectual position is much higher than many here, so it's good to have this conversation. Hopefully the truth comes out and If I as in the wrong, trust me, you won't get more of an admission on being incorrect from this man.
Yes indeed it is just a difference on opinion and nothing personal 🙂.
I am just unable to see a reason why France would object necessarily for the sale given how old these jets are since they are all about business. Saying no to Egypt could backfire for them given how much stuff Egypt buys and might impact future deals that could go to other countries.
The reason I think the hold up is EAF because they are still in service and not yet retired from active duty. It means their replacement has not yet arrived in squadron service.

Let's just say 'so called muslim country' give a damn about brotherhood and are more prone to scumming to $$$

Yes indeed it is just a difference on opinion and nothing personal 🙂.
I am just unable to see a reason why France would object necessarily for the sale given how old these jets are since they are all about business. Saying no to Egypt could backfire for them given how much stuff Egypt buys and might impact future deals that could go to other countries.
The reason I think the hold up is EAF because they are still in service and not yet retired from active duty. It means their replacement has not yet arrived in squadron service.

Well they just closed the deal today and the singing for 30 more Rafales and a munition package to accompany them will be announced in the next few days. So if after that, the Mirage Vs start arriving in Egypt them I'll say you're more likely right. But if it doesn't go through, then there was most certainly a cause that India has a large part to do with it.

BTW, none of the Mirage Vs have been seen at their bases, or on satellite or flying in any occasion and there has been a lot of that going on. They have been put away and just the Mirage 2000s are active. As a matter of fact, they conducted a major bombing raid in north Sinai that flattened out many cretin and rodent huts. Why would they be using only the small amount of 2000's and no V's? Because they've been put in storage. Hey, it could also be that we are just as good financial negotiators as you, creating a financial bogg-down.

As Egypt has ordered additional 30 Rafaels from France. Will they be looking to replace the Mirage-2000s and who will buy those?

Why do i have a feeling that JF17s wont be sold to Egypt, all these new weapons are most likely free in an effort to stop JF17s to be bought by Egypt.

As Egypt has ordered additional 30 Rafaels from France. Will they be looking to replace the Mirage-2000s and who will buy those?

If anything, I think this order will help replace more of the Mirage Vs and maybe now they can start this deal with Pakistan? Let's hope that happens.

As far as the 2000s, to be perfectly honest with you, it's impossible that if they bought 20 of them back in 1986 or somewhere around then, that by now they still have that same number. I would think that due to possible accidents, attrition rate whatever for so many decades that I would be surprised if the number is anywhere close to 15. And how many of those 15 are active and flyable is unknown. I think 4 of the 20 were 2-seat trainers and because of that, those are the ones that usually have unfortunate mishaps. I think the number might even be lower than 15. Not sure they'll sell them unless they replace them with the Typhoons, if they do get them. So many unknowns.

Please - Mirage 2000 have NO future in PAF service, - esp after Feb 2019 when they got jammed to hell and back by JF17s in the face off over Kashmir.

Please - Mirage 2000 have NO future in PAF service, - esp after Feb 2019 when they got jammed to hell and back by JF17s in the face off over Kashmir.
PAF will not got Mirage 2000 as they are entirely different jet then Mirage 3 and 5.
They why to invest in entirely different and old framework.

Second PAF knows very well France will not support due to Rafale deal with India

PAF will not got Mirage 2000 as they are entirely different jet then Mirage 3 and 5.
They why to invest in entirely different and old framework.

Second PAF knows very well France will not support due to Rafale deal with India
Forget M2K; French will not compromise any thing from the big 'bugs' coming via India.

Time for M2k was long gone.

Why do i have a feeling that JF17s wont be sold to Egypt, all these new weapons are most likely free in an effort to stop JF17s to be bought by Egypt.
Right now stuff and jet .. Egyptians are purchasing... JFT price tsg will be candy for them.

But on serious note. Apparently Thanders position seems very strange with Egyptians air force because jet fighter they have and going to induct.

So only place Thanders can create is to increase numbers or brave as advance trainer
Forget M2K; French will not compromise any thing from the big 'bugs' coming via India.

Time for M2k was long gone.
Agree, totally

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom