What's new

"The Japanese see India as the land of Lord Buddha ,which is why they have a lot of respect for Indians"

Japanese have loaned a lot of money to India on infrastructure spend at low interest rate. Important partners for India :cheers:

A narrative to stroke Indian egos and explain the level of investment to the Japanese people. Besides, these are loans, probably with conditions to buy Japanese projects.

For the sake of Japanese investors, hopefully these will be profit generating and not turn out to be White elephants like the planned high speed rail project.

A narrative to stroke Indian egos and explain the level of investment to the Japanese people. Besides, these are loans, probably with conditions to buy Japanese projects, same as Germans loaning money within the EU. For the sake of Japanese investors, hopefully these will be profit generating and not turn out like Greek White elephants
As I've said in the message that you've quoted, they are loans.. soft loans to be exact. Some at an interest rate of 0.1% With free money, they can keep all the condition they want :enjoy:

Are you saying that he is an Indian who is not firm in his faith as a Muslim, or does not know all that he should, or are you saying that he is an Indian, but is not a Muslim?
I am saying he is an Indian, but whether he is a Muslim, is anyone's guess.

What would an Indian Muslim do on a Green Pakistani forum anyways?

Besides that, I am not obligated to respond to your questions. ;)

Lord Buddha despise Hinduism and his doctrine is against Caste System in the first place.

Hinduism is WAY bigger than caste system. Infact, caste system is not even core to Hinduism but an appendix due to Manusmrate.

Buddhism actually lifts a lot of concepts from Hinduism like Dhamma (Dharma or duties), Moksha (salvation), Karma (deeds), Yoga (meditation) and a lot more.

Saying Buddha despised Hinduism is simply ignorance. But then what do a Chinese trained Maoist will know about Hinduism or Buddhism.

Oh yeah, 80% of Nepalese are of East Asians or related to Chinese, only 20% could be said related to you Indians or South Asians.
Huh?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! What a gem! Where do you find these things?

Major ethnic groups in Nepal are :

1. Chhetri (16-17%)
440px-Nepali_woman_1900.jpg

2. Bahun (12%)
440px-Gaze_of_a_priest.JPG

3. Kami (5%)
kami6.jpg

4. Yadav (4-5%)
440px-Pradip-Yadav-1.png

These alone make 40% of Nepalese population. There are many many many small groups in Nepal which look NOTHING like east asians and everything like South Asians.

Biggest Language in nepal?

Nepali! It has script (dev nagri) and a lot of words which it shares with Hindi. Its a distinct and unique language but it has a lot more in common with Hindi and nothing in common with Chinese.

Second biggest language?
Maithli! again its not exactly a Chinese language and it is spoken in large parts of Bihar.

Third?
Bhojpuri! Spoken in Uttar Pradesh of India.

Source:

Nepal is in every sense a South Asian country (80%) with a minority East Asian (20%) living there.

For those Indians,

It turns out the Buddha was born in Lumbini, Nepal.
Even Wikipedia says that.

1651186284196.png

So Buddha was not an Indian, he was a Nepalese man.

Siddhartha was born in Nepal. He became Buddha in India.

Neither is correct.

Siddharta Gautama was born in a Ancient Kingdom name Magadha. Which encompassed parts of present day Bengal/Bangaldesh, parts of eastern Nepal and Bihar.

Strictly speaking the Buddha was neither Nepali or Indian. He was a Magadhi and spoke a language that was the precursor to present day Bengali languge. As such the forefathers of present day bengali nation, was the very first Buddhists in the world.

I don't want to comment on the 'respect' part, but Buddha was certainly Indian. A small technicality about his place of birth being within current Nepal's political map doesn't change a thing. Eastern UP and Bihar have the holiest sites of Buddhism - Sarnath (near Varanasi) and Bodh Gaya. Ashoka, who patronised Buddhism and spread it was of Bihari origin. The most spectacular ancient surviving monuments from Buddhist era are in India - in Ajanta, Ellora and Elephanta in Maharashtra and some in Hampi in Karnataka. Smaller sites are found all over the Deccan plateau of various vintage. Most of these coexist with Hindu and Jain temples.

It is a pity that persecution of Buddhists by some political minded Brahmins is blown out of proportion. Buddhists monks were largely non political in nature due to the concept of detachment being integral to their religion. This made them shun politics and as a result they lost out to Hinduism whose priestly caste was very active in politics.

At the same time I don't want to indulge in trumpet blowing. Buddhism has taken many forms over the centuries. There is a South East Asian version, a Srilankan version, Indian version, Tibetan version and I am sure the Japanese have added their own local flavors to it. To say that it is all a gift of India would be stretching it. But being treated as the holy land for Buddhists is undeniable.

Just because Bihar and Bengal is administered by what is known as India present day? Norwegians forexample never lay claims to Sami people cultural heritage, although geographically they belong to northern Norway.

Buddhism was born in Magadha Kingdom. In present day bihar and Bengal. It is by large a Bengali cultural heritage. Rest of India was just a spectator.

Just because Bihar and Bengal is administered by what is known as India present day? Norwegians forexample never lay claims to Sami people cultural heritage, although geographically they belong to northern Norway.

Buddhism was born in Magadha Kingdom. In present day bihar and Bengal. It is by large a Bengali cultural heritage. Rest of India was just a spectator.

Sure I have no problem in Bengalis also claiming the heritage. I am the last one to apply present day borders to ancient kingdoms. I also have no problems in Pakistanis claiming Buddhist heritage. I do have a problem with people going on asserting that Buddhism has nothing to do with India and that ancient Hindus were rampaging and killing Buddhists and breaking their temples.

Sure I have no problem in Bengalis also claiming the heritage. I am the last one to apply present day borders to ancient kingdoms. I also have no problems in Pakistanis claiming Buddhist heritage. I do have a problem with people going on asserting that Buddhism has nothing to do with India and that ancient Hindus were rampaging and killing Buddhists and breaking their temples.

Its a simple historic fact that Bengalis, or rather the Magadhi which were forefathers of bengalis was the very first buddhist people. It spred from there to the rest of Bharat and SEA.

Ancient Buddhism has nothing to do with India as modern state. But its true that geographically its birthplace is within borders of present day India.

It is also true that Buddhism by large lost its influence in Bharat because of hostility by non-Buddhist political entities at that time, which happened to be hinduistic. In Bengal forexample, population was buddhist majority until around 900-1000 CE, when it was concoured by hindu Sena Dynasty and buddism gradually vanished over the next three centuries.

Last edited:

everything that happened in SC is Indian, didn't you know... someone in faraway right has more right over it than you...

We superior Indians will bring that repetitive, corny zero example to show our prowess

which was invented in Mardan, India some miles away from Islamabad,India

Wow India grape, my great ancestors from potohari salt range

Last edited:
Infact, caste system is not even core to Hinduism but an appendix due to Manusmrate.
Disagree.

Caste system is the one of the core concept of Hinduism. Old Hinduism society will collapse without Caste System.

Buddhism actually lifts a lot of concepts from Hinduism like Dhamma (Dharma or duties), Moksha (salvation), Karma (deeds), Yoga (meditation) and a lot more.
Agree

The borrowed concept is one thing, the doctrine is another thing. Buddhism is against Caste System in the first place, which is the core concept of Buddhism.

But then what do a Chinese trained Maoist will know about Hinduism or Buddhism.
There are hundreds of millions of Chinese and South East Asians believe Buddhism to some extent. Buddhism is extinct in India thousands of years ago.

I am saying he is an Indian, but whether he is a Muslim, is anyone's guess.

What would an Indian Muslim do on a Green Pakistani forum anyways?

Besides that, I am not obligated to respond to your questions. ;)
No, you aren't, and thank you for your very polite refusal.

I know Jamahir personally, and know both that he is an Indian (from a different city) and a Muslim.

There are four Muslim Indians that I personally know about (not know personally) who are members of this forum.

Neither is correct.

Siddharta Gautama was born in a Ancient Kingdom name Magadha. Which encompassed parts of present day Bengal/Bangaldesh, parts of eastern Nepal and Bihar.

Strictly speaking the Buddha was neither Nepali or Indian. He was a Magadhi and spoke a language that was the precursor to present day Bengali languge. As such the forefathers of present day bengali nation, was the very first Buddhists in the world.
I am a little surprised at your putting the Buddha into Magadha.

Kapilavastu was in Kosala, not in Magadha.

Another fact that you might have overlooked is that when Gautama first went into the forest, he met the King Bimbisara, King of Magadha. After conversing with this stranger, and learning that he had been born a prince, Bimbisara asked him to join the king and rule Magadha. That should make it clear that Gautama did not belong to Magadha.

One famous Buddhist saint (Atisha Dipankara Srijnyana) was from Bikrampur area (Manikganj) near Dhaka, who spent most of his life in Tibet teaching as a scholar at the Buddhist schools.

During his life (c.980 AD) Buddhism was in its peak in Bengal and had tremendous Royal patronage and following. It was Bengal which claimed most of the older stupas at that time, until Buddhism traveled East to IndoChina and then to Korea and Japan via China. Some ruins of old Buddhist universities in Bengal are still standing.

28379217_1825039227527508_6790008455166375984_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom