What's new

"The Japanese see India as the land of Lord Buddha ,which is why they have a lot of respect for Indians"

They have enough plutonium and engineering chops to make you glow like the sun
We Indians have saying "Bandar kya jane adrak ka swad"
Translates to "How will a monkey know the taste of ginger"

Bangladesh thought its history has been a punchbag for larger powers and even owes its existence to neighbor's intelligence agency

Japan on the other hand was first Asian nation to industrialize and even defeat a major imperial power Russia

There will be actions of Japanese nation that will be beyond collective Bangladeshi intellect

They have enough plutonium and engineering chops to make you glow like the sun

They are a conqoured people. A-bombed into submission. They are one and only people to ever been a-bombed. Not even Germany was bombed like that.

Japan is a US lapdog. You can spin it any way you want but there is no way you can get around this.

Japanese plutonium can probably make indians glow like the sun as you said (that is what you meant wasnt it?), but they choose to be the slave of a slave of white man. What does that tell you.

We Indians have saying "Bandar kya jane adrak ka swad"
Translates to "How will a monkey know the taste of ginger"

Bangladesh thought its history has been a punchbag for larger powers and even owes its existence to neighbor's intelligence agency

Japan on the other hand was first Asian nation to industrialize and even defeat a major imperial power Russia

There will be actions of Japanese nation that will be beyond collective Bangladeshi intellect

People gloss over the transformation of Japan in an era where transportation and communication was primitive

Zulqarnain is a Muslim name for boys :
2022-04-27-153730_1024x768_scrot.png
Hmm, I don't know really about it as much, will have to look into it. Since I anyway am not a Muslim, I won't refer to him as a Prophet but I respect it if you consider him as one. Some Muslims also say that even Lord Krishna is one of your prophets but again, I don't believe in that.
The Muslims conquerers of India surely destroyed Buddhist structures in places but the persecution of Buddhists to the extent that they were almost eliminated in many places in India, who do you think did that ? :)You can read the rest of the linked wiki.
You should read what you've shared by yourself again. I won't deny that some Hindus might have persecuted some Buddhists (Pushyamitra Shunga comes to mind) but nowhere was it done on a massive scale. There is no evidence that the destruction of some of the stupas was done by Hindus. I have told you earlier and will repeat it again, Hindus consider Lord Buddha to be an avatar of Lord Vishnu so there's no reason to hate Buddhists. Muslims on the other hand will consider Buddhists as atheist infidels with their fate sealed according to their own religion. Even currently, very rarely will you find Hindus hating Buddhists as we consider it one of the faiths that have originated in the subcontinents just like Jainism. Even now, you won't see Hindus destroying Buddhist monuments but you'll see Muslims destroying Buddhist monuments in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

"Ashoka's Son Jalauka was a Shaivite and was responsible for the destruction of many Buddhist monasteries.[7] The story of Jalauka is essentially legendary, and its to be noted that no independent corroboration of the Kashmir tradition has ever been discovered."

There should be a better source for this. I don't know what the author means when he says that the story of Jalauka is legendary. Does it mean its a fable or is it real?

"Dharmarajika stupa was completely demolished and only its foundation exists today while Dhamekh stupa incurred serious damage. During excavation a green marble relic casket was discovered from Dharmarajika stupa which contained Buddha's ashes was subsequently thrown into Ganges river by Jagat Singh according to his Hindu faith. The incident was reported by a British resident and timely action of British authorities saved Dhamekh Stupa from demolition.[11]"

No one knows who destroyed it.

"Historical evidence about the persecution of Buddhism in ancient India is missing or unsubstantiated; colonial era writers have used mythical folk stories to construct a part of ancient Buddhist history."
"However, it is unclear whether the stupas were destroyed in ancient India or a much later period, and the existence of religious violence between Hinduism and Buddhism in ancient India has been disputed.[15][16] It is unclear when the Deorkothar stupas were destroyed, and by whom. The fictional tales of Divyavadana is considered by scholars[12] as being of doubtful value as a historical record. Moriz Winternitz, for example, stated, "these legends [in the Divyāvadāna] scarcely contain anything of much historical value".[12] Similarly, Paul Williams states that the persecution claims with alleged dates of Buddha's nirvana (400 BCE) and the subsequent Pusyamitra reign, as depicted in the Mahasanghika school of early Buddhism are the "most far fetched of all the arguments and hardly worth of any further discussion".[17]"

Again, read this from your own article. You are not even reading what you are posting.

Now read this:
"The conquest of the Indian subcontinent was the first great iconoclastic invasion into the Indian subcontinent.[71] As early as the 8th century, Arab conquerors invaded present-day Pakistan. In a second wave, from the 11th through the 13th centuries, Turkic, Turkic-Mongolian and Mongolian overtook the northern Indian plains.[72][73] The Persian traveller Al Biruni's memoirs suggest Buddhism had vanished from Ghazni (Afghanistan) and medieval Punjab region (northern Pakistan) by early 11th century.[74] By the end of the twelfth century, Buddhism had further disappeared,[4][75] with the destruction of monasteries and stupas in medieval north-west and western Indian subcontinent (now Pakistan and north India).[76] The chronicler of Shahubuddin Ghori's forces records enthusiastically about attacks on the monks and students and victory against the non-Muslim infidels. The major centers of Buddhism were in north India and the direct path of the armies. As centers of wealth and non-Muslim religions they were targets.[77] Buddhist sources agree with this assessment. Taranatha in his History of Buddhism in India of 1608,[78] gives an account of the last few centuries of Buddhism, mainly in Eastern India. Mahayana Buddhism reached its zenith during the Pala dynasty period, a dynasty that ended with the Islamic invasion of the Gangetic plains.[2]

According to William Johnston, hundreds of Buddhist monasteries and shrines were destroyed, Buddhist texts were burnt by the armies, monks and nuns killed during the 12th and 13th centuries in the Gangetic plains region.[79] The Islamic invasions plundered wealth and destroyed Buddhist images.[22]

The Buddhist university of Nalanda was mistaken for a fort because of the walled campus. The Buddhist monks who had been slaughtered were mistaken for Brahmins according to Minhaj-i-Siraj.[80] The walled town, the Odantapuri monastery, was also conquered by his forces. Sumpa basing his account on that of Śākyaśrībhadra who was at Magadha in 1200, states that the Buddhist university complexes of Odantapuri and Vikramshila were also destroyed and the monks massacred.[81] forces attacked the north-western regions of the Indian subcontinent many times.[82] Many places were destroyed and renamed. For example, Odantapuri's monasteries were destroyed in 1197 by Mohammed-bin-Bakhtiyar and the town was renamed.[83] Likewise, Vikramashila was destroyed by the forces of Muhammad bin Bakhtiyar Khilji around 1200.[84] Many Buddhist monks fled to Nepal, Tibet, and South India to avoid the consequences of war.[85] Tibetan pilgrim Chöjepal (1179–1264), who arrived in India in 1234,[86] had to flee advancing troops multiple times, as they were sacking Buddhist sites.[87]

The north-west parts of the Indian subcontinent fell to Islamic control, and the consequent take over of land holdings of Buddhist monasteries removed one source of necessary support for the Buddhists, while the economic upheaval and new taxes on laity sapped the laity support of Buddhist monks.[69] Not all monasteries were destroyed by the invasions (Somapuri, Lalitagiri, Udayagiri), but since these large Buddhist monastic complexes had become dependent on the patronage of local authorities, when this patronage dissipated, they were abandoned by the sangha.[88]"

In the north-western parts of medieval India, the Himalayan regions, as well as regions bordering central Asia, Buddhism once facilitated trade relations, states Lars Fogelin. With the Islamic invasion and expansion, and central Asians adopting Islam, the trade route-derived financial support sources and the economic foundations of Buddhist monasteries declined, on which the survival and growth of Buddhism was based.[69][89] The arrival of Islam removed the royal patronage to the monastic tradition of Buddhism, and the replacement of Buddhists in long-distance trade by the eroded the related sources of patronage.[76][89]"

If you want you can present one fact and we can discuss.
I'm currently in uni with finals week coming up so don't have time.

You are always good for a lighter moment. Thank you for being there. If you weren't, we would have to invent you.
Some people blindly post without even reading what they are posting. He had originally replied to me, I didn't even bother replying. You just have to laugh and move on.

Last edited:
no you moron
There was no such thing as India in the first place for you claim anything

And Pakistani history is Pakistani history, Nepali history is Nepali history, Bangali history is Bangladeshi history, Ceylon history is Sri Lankan history

Your history is ganga or south Indians can add thier things
Ah, you mean every nation-state in south Asia has its own history, Pakistan (that never existed) has Pakistani history, Nepal (that never existed) has Nepalese history, Bangladesh (that never existed) has Bangadeshi history, Ceylon, (that was a geographical term and that did not exist) has Sri Lankan history, except for India (that existed under the name of India from the 6th century BCE, and that existed under other names from around the 2nd millennium BCE) that does not have a history.

I am beginning to get it. I was SUCH a moron.

There seem to be some gaps in your account -
There was historical Sindh so Mohenjo-Daro is Sindhi history
The name Sindh was from the name of the river, that the Indo-Aryans, who entered India in around 1500 BCE, called the Sindhu, that the Persians took and pronounced it in their way as Hindu, and that the Greeks gave up the initial aspirate ('h') to call Indus.

So there was no Sindh before 1500 BCE.

So there was no Indus Valley Civilisation AFTER 1900 BCE.

Give me a couple of months to figure out how a culture can belong to a history that doesn't exist at the time of the culture.

Ah, you mean every nation-state in south Asia has its own history, Pakistan (that never existed) has Pakistani history, Nepal (that never existed) has Nepalese history, Bangladesh (that never existed) has Bangadeshi history, Ceylon, (that was a geographical term and that did not exist) has Sri Lankan history, except for India (that existed under the name of India from the 6th century BCE, and that existed under other names from around the 2nd millennium BCE) that does not have a history.

I am beginning to get it. I was SUCH a moron.
Bangla existed or not? there goes Bangladeshi history
Ceylon existed right- are people of Ceylon still carrying the same blood that ancient ones were carrying?- so how does "India" get the right to claim it over native people

that's the hegemonic crap yall pull that we in rest of south asia hate - everything is yours because you named yourselves India
you are an older gentleman so I won't post a meme on it but it genuinely encapsulates Indians living in Ganga, south India, northeast or some other places stealing the history of the rest of South Asia under the "banner" of "India"

Vietnamese history does not become Chinese history or Mongolian history- why is it that only in South Asia does everything that ever happened become the history of the modern nation-state of India? What's up with this hegemonic worldview?

Last edited:
There seem to be some gaps in your account -

The name Sindh was from the name of the river, that the Indo-Aryans, who entered India in around 1500 BCE, called the Sindhu, that the Persians took and pronounced it in their way as Hindu, and that the Greeks gave up the initial aspirate ('h') to call Indus.

So there was no Sindh before 1500 BCE.

So there was no Indus Valley Civilisation AFTER 1900 BCE.

Give me a couple of months to figure out how a culture can belong to a history that doesn't exist at the time of the culture.
where was it located? - modern-day Sindh thus its Sindhi next century they call themselves Martian it becomes Martian history
they have more of a claim on it - than you or anyone living in nation of India

Umm, actually, Takshashila did not exist as a part of the Punjab, as the name Punjab didn't exist at that time. Takshashila was part of Gandhara. Sorry.
where was it located though, whose DNA were they carrying? - ditto Sindh, ditto Ceylon, Ditto other places
its literally just that yall named yourselves Europe - but do not have all of Europe in your nation
but since you are named Europe you take everything that ever happened in other places as solely yours

No Bangladeshi say Ganga civilization was ours, no one in Sri Lankan says that what happened in Bangal was related to us
but someone in Ganga or some other place in India - claims that what happened in Bangladesh or Sri Lanka or Pakistan was ours and ours only

that's laughable and frankly a bit stupid

Last edited:
Obviously these USSR's Muslim cosmonauts and one Afghan cosmonaut were taken to space at gun point : :lol:
View attachment 838422

"Under Communist oppression"... Stop visiting Tableeghi Hashisheen.

Oh the Holy Arabs of Holy Saudia. :lol: What a slave you are. What about other Arabs in countries like Iraq, Libya and Algeria who were allies of the USSR to various extents ?
lol for a moron like yourself, Communists prevented Muslims in USSR from practicing their religion.

All the Islamic scholars at that time agreed against fighting the Communists in Afghanistan.
No offense but you are an idiot to go against a Scholarly verdict against the atheistic communists.
Even the West agreed about fighting the soviets in Afghanistan.

Now shoo, you made an idiot of yourself here already. :lol:

Bangla existed or not? there goes Bangladeshi history
No. There were five regions that later joined and became Bangla very late in the day.

Ceylon existed right- are people of Ceylon still carrying the same blood that ancient ones were carrying?- so how does "India" get the right to claim it over native people
Sri Lanka was also over-run by foreign invaders. First the rulers who came from what was not yet Bengal; second, the Tamils.

that's the hegemonic crap yall pull that we in rest of south asia hate - everything is yours because you named yourselves India
"...we in rest of south asia...."?

Just one young man who is mad because he got an exam. Just when he wasn't looking.

an older gentleman so I won't post a meme on it but it genuinely encapsulates Indians living in Ganga, south India, northeast or some other places stealing the history of the rest of South Asia under the "banner" of "India"
That's not our fault! That's the way it happened!

Vietnamese history does not become Chinese history or Mongolian history- why is it that only in South Asia does everything that ever happened become the history of the modern nation-state of India? What's up with this hegemonic worldview?
That's not the analogy. Nobody's claiming anything that was distinctively someone else's! Tell me one such case.

Last edited:
Well,
no, they are not blown up,
they are actually preserved very well,
Only recently a team of italians discovered the link between Alexandar's last bastion and the north of Pakistan's ethnic tribes.

As a matter fact, such extreme acts of violence such as bamian were only carried out in place where I think it was american, australian and maybe some other country's troops involved in bounty hunting humans etc ?

May not be a causal relationship, but a correlation nevertheless.
Sure....the noble deeds of such preservations are often heard of in your lands....

I can understand the hate and frustration in you regarding the West.... by the way Bamiyans were destroyed during Taliban rule ... quite before US or Australian or any other country's troops entered there for bounty hunting.

lol for a moron like yourself, Communists prevented Muslims in USSR from practicing their religion.

Idiot, the Afghan cosmonaut, Abdul Ahad Mohmand, prayed on the USSR space station Mir. He was not deprived of his choice. For his help and persistence during trouble in the Soyuz spaceship during the return to Earth he was awarded the Order of Lenin and the Hero of the Soviet Union. Where the USSR acted against was against the mullahs like you and so right that was.

All the Islamic scholars at that time agreed against fighting the Communists in Afghanistan.
No offense but you are an idiot to go against a Scholarly verdict against the atheistic communists.

1. List these "Islamic scholars" you are so keenly repeating.

2. Unlike you Tableeghis I use my intelligence and put things to the test of reason and rationality before saying if something is right or wrong.

3. Those atheistic Communists were much more Islamic than you. You seem to be just a ritualist, like an all-day praying Brahmin priest, with no understanding of the philosophies of Islam.

Even the West agreed about fighting the soviets in Afghanistan.

The Western governments were the ones doing everything since 1945 to sabotage all those individuals, movements and countries allied with the USSR. They successfully found idiots willing to be their proxies. This was true also in Afghanistan where they found regressives and criminals will to kill their own progressive Afghan co-citizens for the sake of a perverted interpretation of Islam. Criminals from all over the world participated in this fake jihad. Western governments wanted a regime change in Afghanistan, replace the governance system with a mullah-based one pliant to puppet-string-pulling by the Western governments. Such has again happened in 2011 in the Western governments' / NATO's regime change operations against the Libyan Jamahiriya and Syria. It is sure that you hate Muammar Gaddafi and Bashar al Assad.

Now shoo, you made an idiot of yourself here already. :lol:

No, you shoo, slave of the Saudis and slave of NATO ! The whole internet can see who is making an idiot out of himself.

Last edited:
Hmm, I don't know really about it as much, will have to look into it. Since I anyway am not a Muslim, I won't refer to him as a Prophet but I respect it if you consider him as one. Some Muslims also say that even Lord Krishna is one of your prophets but again, I don't believe in that.

You should read what you've shared by yourself again. I won't deny that some Hindus might have persecuted some Buddhists (Pushyamitra Shunga comes to mind) but nowhere was it done on a massive scale. There is no evidence that the destruction of some of the stupas was done by Hindus. I have told you earlier and will repeat it again, Hindus consider Lord Buddha to be an avatar of Lord Vishnu so there's no reason to hate Buddhists. Muslims on the other hand will consider Buddhists as atheist infidels with their fate sealed according to their own religion. Even currently, very rarely will you find Hindus hating Buddhists as we consider it one of the faiths that have originated in the subcontinents just like Jainism. Even now, you won't see Hindus destroying Buddhist monuments but you'll see Muslims destroying Buddhist monuments in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

"Ashoka's Son Jalauka was a Shaivite and was responsible for the destruction of many Buddhist monasteries.[7] The story of Jalauka is essentially legendary, and its to be noted that no independent corroboration of the Kashmir tradition has ever been discovered."

There should be a better source for this. I don't know what the author means when he says that the story of Jalauka is legendary. Does it mean its a fable or is it real?

"Dharmarajika stupa was completely demolished and only its foundation exists today while Dhamekh stupa incurred serious damage. During excavation a green marble relic casket was discovered from Dharmarajika stupa which contained Buddha's ashes was subsequently thrown into Ganges river by Jagat Singh according to his Hindu faith. The incident was reported by a British resident and timely action of British authorities saved Dhamekh Stupa from demolition.[11]"

No one knows who destroyed it.

"Historical evidence about the persecution of Buddhism in ancient India is missing or unsubstantiated; colonial era writers have used mythical folk stories to construct a part of ancient Buddhist history."
"However, it is unclear whether the stupas were destroyed in ancient India or a much later period, and the existence of religious violence between Hinduism and Buddhism in ancient India has been disputed.[15][16] It is unclear when the Deorkothar stupas were destroyed, and by whom. The fictional tales of Divyavadana is considered by scholars[12] as being of doubtful value as a historical record. Moriz Winternitz, for example, stated, "these legends [in the Divyāvadāna] scarcely contain anything of much historical value".[12] Similarly, Paul Williams states that the persecution claims with alleged dates of Buddha's nirvana (400 BCE) and the subsequent Pusyamitra reign, as depicted in the Mahasanghika school of early Buddhism are the "most far fetched of all the arguments and hardly worth of any further discussion".[17]"

Again, read this from your own article. You are not even reading what you are posting.

Now read this:
"The conquest of the Indian subcontinent was the first great iconoclastic invasion into the Indian subcontinent.[71] As early as the 8th century, Arab conquerors invaded present-day Pakistan. In a second wave, from the 11th through the 13th centuries, Turkic, Turkic-Mongolian and Mongolian overtook the northern Indian plains.[72][73] The Persian traveller Al Biruni's memoirs suggest Buddhism had vanished from Ghazni (Afghanistan) and medieval Punjab region (northern Pakistan) by early 11th century.[74] By the end of the twelfth century, Buddhism had further disappeared,[4][75] with the destruction of monasteries and stupas in medieval north-west and western Indian subcontinent (now Pakistan and north India).[76] The chronicler of Shahubuddin Ghori's forces records enthusiastically about attacks on the monks and students and victory against the non-Muslim infidels. The major centers of Buddhism were in north India and the direct path of the armies. As centers of wealth and non-Muslim religions they were targets.[77] Buddhist sources agree with this assessment. Taranatha in his History of Buddhism in India of 1608,[78] gives an account of the last few centuries of Buddhism, mainly in Eastern India. Mahayana Buddhism reached its zenith during the Pala dynasty period, a dynasty that ended with the Islamic invasion of the Gangetic plains.[2]

According to William Johnston, hundreds of Buddhist monasteries and shrines were destroyed, Buddhist texts were burnt by the armies, monks and nuns killed during the 12th and 13th centuries in the Gangetic plains region.[79] The Islamic invasions plundered wealth and destroyed Buddhist images.[22]

The Buddhist university of Nalanda was mistaken for a fort because of the walled campus. The Buddhist monks who had been slaughtered were mistaken for Brahmins according to Minhaj-i-Siraj.[80] The walled town, the Odantapuri monastery, was also conquered by his forces. Sumpa basing his account on that of Śākyaśrībhadra who was at Magadha in 1200, states that the Buddhist university complexes of Odantapuri and Vikramshila were also destroyed and the monks massacred.[81] forces attacked the north-western regions of the Indian subcontinent many times.[82] Many places were destroyed and renamed. For example, Odantapuri's monasteries were destroyed in 1197 by Mohammed-bin-Bakhtiyar and the town was renamed.[83] Likewise, Vikramashila was destroyed by the forces of Muhammad bin Bakhtiyar Khilji around 1200.[84] Many Buddhist monks fled to Nepal, Tibet, and South India to avoid the consequences of war.[85] Tibetan pilgrim Chöjepal (1179–1264), who arrived in India in 1234,[86] had to flee advancing troops multiple times, as they were sacking Buddhist sites.[87]

The north-west parts of the Indian subcontinent fell to Islamic control, and the consequent take over of land holdings of Buddhist monasteries removed one source of necessary support for the Buddhists, while the economic upheaval and new taxes on laity sapped the laity support of Buddhist monks.[69] Not all monasteries were destroyed by the invasions (Somapuri, Lalitagiri, Udayagiri), but since these large Buddhist monastic complexes had become dependent on the patronage of local authorities, when this patronage dissipated, they were abandoned by the sangha.[88]"

In the north-western parts of medieval India, the Himalayan regions, as well as regions bordering central Asia, Buddhism once facilitated trade relations, states Lars Fogelin. With the Islamic invasion and expansion, and central Asians adopting Islam, the trade route-derived financial support sources and the economic foundations of Buddhist monasteries declined, on which the survival and growth of Buddhism was based.[69][89] The arrival of Islam removed the royal patronage to the monastic tradition of Buddhism, and the replacement of Buddhists in long-distance trade by the eroded the related sources of patronage.[76][89]"

I'm currently in uni with finals week coming up so don't have time.

Some people blindly post without even reading what they are posting. He had originally replied to me, I didn't even bother replying. You just have to laugh and move on.

lol Buddhism vanished as a dominant religion because of Hinduism. Bengal was buddhist majority until force conversion by the hindu Sena Dynasty. Buddhism is against casteism, thats too much to bare for fascist Brahmins.

Getting rid of the shackles of casteism is the greatest achievment of the bengali nation. In that regard we are in debt to muslim Sufi missionaries who came to Bengal. But also to some degree in debt to conqourers like Bakhtiar Khilji.

Haven't gone through the thread. I am sure it has lot of speculatory comments, nonsense about others without knowing who is who. Buddha was definitely Indian or Hindustani Bihari. I have a Nepali Hindu housemate. He is proud Nepali and Hindu and was wearing a T-shirt with Buddha's picture on it. I told him Buddha is the same caste ancestry as my dad, he didn't say anything against but made a little face doubting it until I showed him my dad and grandad's picture. Original Bihari [Vihari] faith is monotheist with belief in the unseen Creator. Buddha had the same faith. My paternal ancestry is near Bihar Sharif or Nalanda [fatherland, holy land] and maternal ancestry connected to Pataliputra, doesn't get more Bihari than that (It is Ashoka land).

Video below is a poet from Delhi in Biharsharif [Nalanda]. Roaring Lions of Faith [emblem of India] are present in real life.

Back
Top Bottom