What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

My opinion on the matter is that in the 50's 60's and 70's the US, USSR and UK came up with so many different types of aircraft and prototypes and there was so much real innovation and the last 40 years at least this has slowed down world wide. Is it because we have reached a peak in aircraft technology and performance? I don't think this is the case. It is Bureaucracy is the western world that is the problem. Programs and any sort of project are taking a lot longer and are much more expensive than they are envisaged. It's not because of knowhow or technology. Eurofighter program is just one example.

And in Russian, the problem was that at the end of soviet union they had no money to invest in continuing programs. They probably didn't produce new engineers to the same standard and ten or more years later they did not have the right talent in place when they wanted to restart the programs. So they had access to existing 80's tech but they didn't have the serious talent to innovate or take those existing platforms forward. They are just reinventing the Soviet wheels.

Now china doesn't have the bureaucracy problem, but they have a bad mentality in other areas. They are in a mode of copy and paste and aspire to western standard so they are not currently innovating. As long as you are playing catch up you will never be ahead. You need to innovate!

Now we come to Turkey. Turkey doesn't currently have a bureaucracy rot. They are growing and expanding and learning. They also have good educational institutions and programs in place that will continue to produce talent to take projects forward. They have also a strong industrial base but most import is that they are not afraid to innovate. They want to be better, they are not content with just buying the best western tech like other countries.
Now they are employing engineers from home and trying to redress the brain drain. In the future there will be more and better opportunities for young turkish engineers but also foreign engineers.

What is also important is the private contributions made by companies like Bayraktar Makine. Such companies are key to becoming a global tech power because they have to be innovative and effective in order to get contracts from home and abroad. Some will say they are Erdogan buddies but if that was the case then why are other countries ordering the equipment.

It was such competition between American companies that gave them the endless types of fighter jets over the decades until those companies got so comfortable with their position at home and abroad that they no longer need to innovate so what we have essentially in no progress for over 20 years since Raptor.

In my belief, Turkey will get there because of its mentality, it's unique position in the world, its work ethics and its existing infrastructure and it most importantly it's Will.

And European and US programs will get fewer and far between and take longer and cost much more than planned.

And China will master the Art of copying and then not know what to do until the US produce something better for them to copy.
The world belongs to the dis-satisfied - a Turkish proverb

Where there is a will there is a way...

Failure is the pillar of success...

As for the Ehl-i Iman, a single act of Hosh Amal receives a thousand Bereket...

The Turkish DNA is like:
  • A single Turkic clan of less than 100 folks gave rise to the Ottoman Empire
  • A single Turkic prince, driven out of the palace and sleeping under the tree, conquered India to establish the Mughal Empire
  • Only 17 Turkic raiders conquered Bengal, the richest place of the time, without chopping off a single head
  • With only 70 cents in the treasury the Turkish Army launched an amphibious ops against Greece, the grandfather of the Western Civilization, to liberate the Turkish folks in Cyprus
  • Even when the Saltanat was going down a one-third of the male population embraced Shehadet
  • During the July 15 coup, folks coming out of the Meyhane were throwing themselves under the tanks operated by FETO - the most sophisticated terrorist traitor proxies, whose only masters are in Israil, of the Western Imperialists built over 40 years spending 40 billion dollars. In contrast, the top clerics in the KSA submissively thank and are eternally grateful to the USA/UK etc. on a 24/7 basis for their survival

Last edited:
What is worrying me is the fact that these programs are conducted in the same time. In my opinion TAI designers must focus on Hurjet first rather then working in different projects in the same time.

Learning from Indonesian experience, we started N 2130 project just after N 250 had its maiden flight. Not before that. It means less complex design should be done first before continuing into a more complex one. Even it turn out that there was some defect on the first design on N 250 after taking some fight test that later give many lesson on PTDI designers how to properly design an aircraft.

Any way, Turkey want to use its own engine for TFX so delaying the project further IMO is not really a problem in order to give some more time for the engine development to mature.

Before performing maiden flight of TF-X, Hürjet will be an early study project to develop a supersonic manned jet that is going to fly in 2022. The engineers that is matured in this program is simultaneously developing armed variant of Hürjet with single seat configuration as well. The design of trainer variant was frozen in last year and the program passed into critical design review and prototype production phase. The number of employees have reached more than 8000 in TAI facilities and they have been collecting qualified engineers in home and all around the World. This year, They are planning to employ around 2000 engineers more. They need more projects for this engineering army. When TF-X project passed into serial production, The total number of engineers to be worked on design/development/production/testing/overhaul are expected to reach around 10000 (only for TF-X) in supply chain so When a project approached to its end, We will see another one ! TAI aims to create a big engineering circle environment with continuation of programs. Hürjet is a part of this circle.

Dip3WxYX0AASZLW.jpg

Screenshot_20200225-230417.jpg

17000lbs thrust ! İt means it will have f110 engine so Hürjet more than training jet .İts almost F16 .

Employing 10.000 engineers is humble number. Russians Satürn aircraft engine factory Employing 23.000 people. Moreover The factory doesnt supllies all fighters.there are other engine factories. These are just engine producers. Producing aircraft and engines boost economies.

Last edited:
In updated TAI webpage, It is 19200lb now !
I was wondering lately, What part did Turkey play in the development of F-35 ?

To what extent and departments were Turkish engineers and companies cooperating in the development ?

(Reason - Answer to this question will definitely Give a clear image of where Turkey actually is standing in terms of 5th Gen development and how much it would effect TFX development)

I was wondering lately, What part did Turkey play in the development of F-35 ?

To what extent and departments were Turkish engineers and companies cooperating in the development ?

(Reason - Answer to this question will definitely Give a clear image of where Turkey actually is standing in terms of 5th Gen development and how much it would effect TFX development)

DdGL7I_W0AEX-1N.jpg

Hurjet is actually the real indicator which will tell us about TF-X
There are lots of ongoing projects aesa radar touch display cockpit a2a missile projects national computer mission system etc which all are related to TF-X
Actually hurjet is 5th generation light attack aircraft/trainer
In 2025 people should know that TF-X won’t be stealth so if engine problem is solved(I believe it will be eventually or maybe already is solved) first flight of a non-stealth prototype will happen for sure
From 2025-2029 all 5th generation parts which form the “stealth” fighter will be installed
Brand new engine would probably be from british rolls royce or in worst case older generation from general electric until proper one is developed

This video will not be completely unbiased but it is a simple source for understanding the stealth.

My God !!!!
That’s a lot of Good Things especially TAI, Aselsan and ALP.

Hoping Turkey plays the puzzle game from F-35 to TFX.

The good thing is Turkish companies really worked on every part of the F-35 and the knowledge gained there will for sure transfered on TFX.

The good thing is Turkish companies really worked on every part of the F-35 and the knowledge gained there will for sure transfered on TFX.
Clock is ticking for you guys, knowledge gained in short term can soon be lost bit by bit, practice makes a man perfect, TFX must be heavily funded

My God !!!!
That’s a lot of Good Things especially TAI, Aselsan and ALP.

Hoping Turkey plays the puzzle game from F-35 to TFX.
Hence, it's no surprise that the F-35 parts productions in Turkey has been extended till the end of this year. Otherwise, they were planning to stop it by Feb/March...

Back
Top Bottom