What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

Now china doesn't have the bureaucracy problem, but they have a bad mentality in other areas. They are in a mode of copy and paste and aspire to western standard so they are not currently innovating. As long as you are playing catch up you will never be ahead. You need to innovate!
How is the canard designed J20 a "copy of Yankees" while most of the rest countries going after conventional design are " innovating."?:police:

Last edited:
How is the canard designed J20 a "copy of Yankees" while most of the rest countries going after conventional design are " innovating."?:police:
Of course i'm sorry Chinese invented canards.

And canards will most likely increase the radar signature.

I would even bet if the TFX will make its maiden flight until 31. December 2023 as announced, I will apologise and never post anything here in the Turkish section.

2023 is not first flight date. Its roll-out date. First flight is in 2025 according to temel kotil. Some other officials also mentioned 2026 for first flight

2023 is not first flight date. Its roll-out date. First flight is in 2025 according to temel kotil. Some other officials also mentioned 2026 for first flight

Ok, then thanks for the correction ... but why would they need two years for first flight preparations?

Ok, then thanks for the correction ... but why would they need two years for first flight preparations?
First ground tests then flight test. ground tests will not be complete in ten minutes.

First ground tests then flight test. ground tests will not be complete in ten minutes.

Indeed, but I never expected this within 10 minutes, in the same way also not only after two years. So, is a gap of two years from roll out to maiden flight normal?

Indeed, but I never expected this within 10 minutes, in the same way also not only after two years. So, is a gap of two years from roll out to maiden flight normal?

I think it is still normal as for the roll out of TFX is in December 2023 or we can just say it is almost 2024 already and the test flight is in 2025.

Take N 219 development for example, the roll out is in December 2015 and the maiden flight is in August 2017.

If I be little optimistic then TFX minus engine is quite possible with given timelines ........... But 5th gen minus engine is actually a 5th gen ...... That's the real question.

Whilst all our enemies are arming up, our army is phasing out old equipment and replacing it with... nothing.

The Egyptian army is crap, but on paper they have surpassed us. If we're going to make so many enemies we should at least make sure that we have enough equipment for all these fronts.

One of the things that grinds gears is the fact that we haven't acquired any of our tracked or 8x8 IFVs. We have tons of programs yet we don't buy any. "Oh we need IFVs? Just buy another 500 Kirpi's. It'll keep Ethem Sancak happy."

Your opinion to that thread?
(Read the whole Thread, he has some points. Focus on the TFX part, that's why i shared it here.)
The criticism is legitimate yet we have to ask ourselves would americans give new fighters jets to Turkey without political concessions??
Gripen is excellent solution but such sell cannot be realised without american blessing
Rafale jet is out of question since France is deeply anti turkish oriented so the only option remains eurofighter typhoon jet but this sale also is questionable if EU sets impossible political demands
Su-35 is great option but it is based on russian/eastern technology which is incompatible with TAF plus russians have proved to be snakes so it is out of question to buy from them
I would like to see fleet of 150-300 Akinci/Aksungur on a drone carrier (tcg sakarya) until TF-X and Hürjet are ready
For somalia and libya strong number of capable drone fleet is more than enough
Even in eastern mediterranean for the next 5-7 years Akinci and Aksungur are good enough to be used as air support for F-16s

Last edited:
Your opinion to that thread?
(Read the whole Thread, he has some points. Focus on the TFX part, that's why i shared it here.)
The thread is highly alarmist in nature. I am not saying it is completely baseless, the government is indeed lacking a concrete plan at the moment, but the situation is not nearly as severe as described in the thread.

I believe at the moment the most realistic and reasonable option is to extend the service life of the F-16s.

AFAIK America’s F-16s are even older than Turkey’s and they are extending their service life to 2050.

Source: https://www.afmc.af.mil/News/Articl...-a-great-deal-for-department-of-defense-taxp/

P.S. drones is not the answer.

The thread is highly alarmist in nature. I am not saying it is completely baseless, the government is indeed lacking a concrete plan at the moment, but the situation is not nearly as severe as described in the thread.

I believe at the moment the most realistic and reasonable option is to extend the service life of the F-16s.

AFAIK America’s F-16s are even older than Turkey’s and they are extending their service life to 2050.

Source: https://www.afmc.af.mil/News/Articl...-a-great-deal-for-department-of-defense-taxp/

P.S. drones is not the answer.
Life extension means signing deal with lockheed martin
Of course the american defense company(LM) would be more than happy to execute the deal but what about US congress??
Drones are not the real answer but currently they are the best alternative if Turkey doesn’t want to back down from her aggressive/assertive foreign policy in syria/libya/cyprus/n.iraq

Back
Top Bottom