What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

disappointed in Turkish decision, US engines means restriction on exports while Rolls Royce was offering a complete freedom in export. US engine might be a temporary solution, but developing your own engine will take a long long time and will be filled with many delays, I don't expect a capable engine for fifth generation fighter by at least 2030.

disappointed in Turkish decision, US engines means restriction on exports while Rolls Royce was offering a complete freedom in export. US engine might be a temporary solution, but developing your own engine will take a long long time and will be filled with many delays, I don't expect a capable engine for fifth generation fighter by at least 2030.

The engine can still be developed with Rolls Royce. Rolls Royce was not rejected, only the EJ200 engine was not accepted.

Last edited:

don't read bokdils article, the GE engine will be used until the project with RR is finished.

Restriction on "Potential" export on TF-X isn't important. Before TR sell their first one to someone the National one will be already in use.
With 2030+ as the date for the First operational pcs... you gonna wait at least Mid-Late 2030 for the first export.
So they've got easily 20+years to dev it. and be restriction free.

Let's look at another post of yours.

My friend, for months what i'm seeing from you is; "You can't do that, you can't do this, it is impossible."

Yet Turkey, continue to unveil, test platform after platform. Be it in the land, sea or air.

So, please drop this "you can't do it" attitude, lean back and enjoy your ride.

I think his point of view is always like "Never believe/accept anything until provided with proofs"

Both UK and France have revealed their plans for 6th generation aircrafts they plan to developed/deploy by 2035-2040. Hopefully, Turkey studies these projects and incorporate some aspects of those programs into TF-X project as well. TF-X should be competitive with top-of-the-line fighter jet programs of 2035-2040's like Eurofighter and Rafaels are competitive to each other today.

Best of luck, wish Turkish bros godspeed on this project.

Back
Top Bottom