What's new

TF-X Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircraft Projects

And for people who panic and ask themselves “what are we gonna do our fleet is getting old and TF-X is a long way out”. Even though I don’t like Russia either I’m gonna bet they would be pretty excited to sell Turkey one of their most advanced 4,5 generation fighters for a good price if such a thing were to happen.

I agree with all your assesment except for this one. Russia (and China) would be over the moon to sell us their latest avionic machines, but that would be of little value to us unfortunately. Our whole military system is networked and relies HEAVILY on being so. In this age it's unthinkable to use modern planes without this capability. Even IFF is a huge problem and there's no guarantee it will ever get solved.

The S-400 is a great step, but it's severely gimped by these same issues.

• TF-X is now being tested in a wind tunnel.
  • Aircraft will be mostly composite,$ 200 million investment for composite
  • The aircraft will start mass production in 2033 and 400 orders are expected.
  • local and foreign companies came together for the project.
  • Cooperation with the BAE. 70 BAE engineers are working for this project in Turkey.
  • ASELSAN and TUBITAK have started to work on radar, electro optics..

Last edited:
  • TF-X is now being tested in a wind tunnel.
  • Aircraft will be mostly composite,$ 200 million investment for composite
  • The aircraft will start mass production in 2023 and 400 orders are expected.
  • local and foreign companies came together for the project.
  • Cooperation with the BAE. 40 BAE engineers are working for this project in Turkey.
  • ASELSAN and TUBITAK have started to work on radar, electro optics..
2033 and 70 respectively

Trainer Aircraft Projects?

Hmm?? AFAIK a few weeks ago it was "jet trainer projects" since I think we already have a thread on the Hurkus and a general one on other Aviation programmes too ...

TAI MMU Engineering Building

tai (1).jpeg
tai (7).jpeg
tai (2).jpeg
tai (3).jpeg
tai (4).jpeg
tai (5).jpeg
tai (6).jpeg
tai (8).jpeg
tai (9).jpeg

Back
Top Bottom