What's new

TAI HÜRKUŞ (Basic Trainer / COIN Aircraft)

Right now there's no telling if the airforce will buy the armed configuration of Hürkuş. I'm not sure if they ever will. FLIR-mounted recon version has more chance if you ask me.

Gören-2 project future AC235 and T129 will be capable of controlling nearby UAVs via datalink connection and coordinate CAS/COIN missions. I don't think there will be any need for Hürkuş-C. We'll see..

Just imagine the combined attack by groups of Armed ANKA UAV's, T-129's, Hürkus-C and AC235 Gunships altogether blowing the sh.. out of the enemy combatants. Such a wonderful fireworks it will create, its so exciting.

9CN235-KAP.jpg

CN235 Gunship

Just imagine the combined attack by groups of Armed ANKA UAV's, T-129's, Hürkus-C and AC235 Gunships altogether blowing the sh.. out of the enemy combatants. Such a wonderful fireworks it will create, its so exciting.
You imagine, I bring you back to reality. That's how it works, until you get banned and open a new account again dear Ottoman Turk.

In reality we spend money for things we need. Industry isn't a toy store and the armed forces isn't a child looking for excitement.

taihurkus-300x199.jpg

TAI has delayed the maiden flight of Turkey’s first indigenously developed trainer aircraft to August. The reason of the delay is “a need for the cockpit to be overhauled in order to increase its ergonomic features and increase comfort of the pilot”, TR Defence sources at TAI confirmed on Friday.
After the cockpit of Hurkus is reassembled in line with the new configuration, a number of ground tests will follow.
TAI is also waiting on final certification approvals from EASA and Turkey’s directorate general of civil aviation, the SHGM.

TAI’s Hurkus to take off in August | TR Defence

taihurkus-300x199.jpg

TAI has delayed the maiden flight of Turkey’s first indigenously developed trainer aircraft to August. The reason of the delay is “a need for the cockpit to be overhauled in order to increase its ergonomic features and increase comfort of the pilot”, TR Defence sources at TAI confirmed on Friday.
After the cockpit of Hurkus is reassembled in line with the new configuration, a number of ground tests will follow.
TAI is also waiting on final certification approvals from EASA and Turkey’s directorate general of civil aviation, the SHGM.

TAI’s Hurkus to take off in August | TR Defence

Need for cockpit overhaul sounds like a euphemism for saying "we're correcting our inexperience." I'd say the glass is half-full, its good they're addressing the problems before its first flight, rather than after production.

If I recall correctly, we were supposed to see the hurkus fly this summer.

But anyway, it's good progress.

Why there is a Hürkuş-A cockpit and a Hürkuş-B cockpit ? We are already capable of producing full digital cockpits so why not only Hürkuş-B style cockpit ?

Hurku A is the Civil version and Hurkus B the military Version with similar avionics like F16.

Hurkus got certificate to start ground tests

Hürriyet writes that Turkey's Civil Aviation Authority granted permission to TAI for conducting tests for Hürkuş, Turkey's homemade basic trainer aircraft. Ground test flights will begin in a few days, the daily says in detail.

"Hürku
VE HÜRKU? TESC?LLEND?! - AirportHaber "Haberin Tek Kayna??" Güncel Sivil Havac?l?k Haberleri

I think PAC should also work on that but with better landing gears which will retract in body of the plane... Also on some other small and medium size propeller plane that are normally used to training and few passenger transportation.

Countdown For HURKUS Started,
'Hürku

According to the information given by SHGM(Directorate General of Civil Aviation), aircraft still on the runway in Ankara Akinci Air Base runway holding tests, various runway speed tests, wheel steering and braking time is being tested. If the tests conducted by the European Aviation Safety Agency EASA and SHGM(Directorate General of Civil Aviation) are positive, Hürkuş will be allowed for the first flight. After the first flight the process is expected to take approximately one and a half years. TAI In this process will produced four test aircraft as a prototype. Through the sensors located at 600 point of the plane, behavior of the plane can be followed moment by moment by the Tai engineers.
'Hürku

Back
Top Bottom