What's new

TAI HÜRKUŞ (Basic Trainer / COIN Aircraft)

I'd like to point out that Turkey had a blooming TAI in the past while M.K. Atatürk lived, but that was halted due to politics and the same with R&D up until 1980's (AFAIK). You just need to see the amount of pressure and politics Turkey had to weasle through since the freedom war.

@Armstrong

TAI is able to make any 4th Gen Fighter Aircraft.

This was Possible 30 Years ago but they have selected to produce F-16 under License and get a little bit more know-how from USA.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was Possible 30 Years ago but they have selected to produce F-16 under License and get a little bit more know-how from USA.
I agree that TAI can build a 4th generation fighter jet apart from the engine of course but above line is total BS.

30 years ago we could make Hürkuş if we wanted ..but that's about it

I agree that TAI can build a 4th generation fighter jet apart from the engine of course but above line is total BS.

No is not.

Perhaps it will not so good like an F-16 but will be an 4th Gen.

The Problem is always our State and his Politics.

An aggressive foreign policy, along with defense industry has brought splash. Passed thick .. things to see done in a beautiful .. Of course, not enough .. would not be able ... GUN INDUSTRY super powers are the major source of income items in the press .. But who are fighting .. Islamic geography .. Someone is fueling ethnic conflicts meshepsel .. etc. .. Billions of dollars earned in blood ... Apostle of Democracy and of course the most stringent olunuyor super power cut them again .. After handing out freedom all over the world .. As in Iraq and Afghanistan ... In Turkey we have to be able to protect our homeland and nation .. not to be a trader bloody ...

No you are very wrong. Just one example: you can't make AESA radars of fourth gen fighters.
If you could you would not make a ww2 plane after several years.

Fortunately Pakistan is a partner and you can start transferring tech for JF17.

if tai can built 4th generation fighter then why tai signed a technical assistance deal with Saab.

TAI is able to make any 4th Gen Fighter Aircraft.

This was Possible 30 Years ago but they have selected to produce F-16 under License and get a little bit more know-how from USA

I just wanted to bold this comment as the average mentality going on Turkish thread. Even after the first flight of a WW2 plane.

No you are very wrong. Just one example: you can't make AESA radars of fourth gen fighters.
If you could you would not make a ww2 plane after several years.

Fortunately Pakistan is a partner and you can start transferring tech for JF17.

I am going to disregard your whole comment because you stated that a trainer aircraft was a "ww2" aircraft.

Just to let you know this plane is being produced during 2013-. Ww2 took place between 1939 to 1945.

Hope this helps.

I always like to inform the less informed

Back
Top Bottom