What's new

Suggested duties for Indian members of this forum

Putting it bluntly, @Nilgiri, insulting a soldier, alive or dead, is unacceptable.

I agree, but you need to remember that our subscribing to this code does not mean that we leave our own value system at the door. @Shantanu_Left reacts violently to attacks on Gandhi, I react - not very well - to jibes about soldiers, whether our own or others.

I read your complete response and I think the above really captures the bottom-line of what you consider unacceptable. It might be sensitive to you (and many others) as Mahatma Gandhi is sensitive to me.

But I should not be prevented from abusing Abhi-none-done. Nor will I hold my tongue while lashing out at the mob lynchers of India.

Let me opt out of this CoC now (I'm deleting my signature.) I can still let you and your team know about any CoC violations in the future as an external referee (only if you guys want).

I have not come to this forum to not be able to abuse Indian sacred cows.

It's official. I am no longer a part of the CoC.

So any CoC violations I commit cannot be reported here.

You keep making this mistake.

It's not my team.

Why does it matter now? I'm not a part of the CoC anymore. I get it you don't like Indian armed forces to be abused. But I'm sorry, I cannot subscribe to that standard.

You guys can have it in my absence. Please don't forget to inform the concerned team members and moderators that I have opted out.

So any CoC violations I commit cannot be reported here.

Oh yes, they can. We can always cite examples of what not to write to expand or to contract the code.

You, in turn, are surely and unquestionably free to comment on our silly mistakes.

Please remember: all that we are talking about is all that we are permitted to do WITHIN THE RULES OF THE FORUM. So talking about breaches of a subset could apply to anybody.

To understand what I am saying, look at @TheGreatMaratha. He's not in, but he has a lot to say about the code and its applications.

I get it you don't like Indian armed forces to be abused. But I'm sorry, I cannot subscribe to that standard.

You don't have to.

It's my personal standard, and I will go after anybody in breach of it, who is no longer a member of the code.

You guys can have it in my absence. Please don't forget to inform the concerned team members and moderators that I have opted out.

Nobody needed to be told you had opted in; nobody needs to be told you have opted out. The Forum has bigger and better problems to resolve; our quaint little group of 14, now 13, is not what Webbie is thinking about as he shaves in the morning.

Oh yes, they can. We can always cite examples of what not to write to expand or to contract the code.

You, in turn, are surely and unquestionably free to comment on our silly mistakes.

Please remember: all that we are talking about is all that we are permitted to do WITHIN THE RULES OF THE FORUM. So talking about breaches of a subset could apply to anybody.

To understand what I am saying, look at @TheGreatMaratha. He's not in, but he has a lot to say about the code and its applications.

I am sorry some/many of the co-signees of the CoC are not people I would willingly have a polite conversation with. They're far too incorrigible as far as I am concerned, and I am sure it's vice versa.

The CoC was supposed to be a "compromise". But now that I'm no longer a part of it, the gloves are off. There are no limits to any critical posts as far as I am concerned.

I wish you guys good luck in enforcing your CoC though.

You don't have to.

It's my personal standard, and I will go after anybody in breach of it, who is no longer a member of the code.

Go ahead. I am sorry I can't treat them as sacred cows.

But yes, you are a respectful poster so you will always get basic respect from me. Enjoy the forum now.

I am sorry some/many of the co-signees of the CoC are not people I would willingly have a polite conversation with. They're far too incorrigible as far as I am concerned, and I am sure it's vice versa.

LOL.

That is why the Code, remember?

Now that the clown has left, I'm willing to join the CODE. You can count me in and I'll try my best to follow the principles of the code.

You better read up on Gandhiji's passive resistance methods, because you'll be getting a lot of heat from me. :oops:

Now that the clown has left, I'm willing to join the CODE. You can count me in and I'll try my best to follow the principles of the code.

I want you to remember that NOBODY OWNS THE CODE OF CONDUCT. We are all strictly equal. I DO NOT HAVE ANY POSITION ABOVE ANY OTHER SUBSCRIBER.

Please do not impose any duties and responsibilities on me; any problem to be solved, roll up your sleeves, and get it solved.

This is addressed to all subscribers. It's our code, not my code.

Back
Top Bottom