What's new

Smriti Irani Stops 70,000 Students of KV From Learning German, Makes them Switch to Sanskrit

Neer has Indo-European origin, I have read about it. It don't belong to Dravidian substratum of Vedic Sanskrit.
Nope..So what??..may be its also using in indo European.
English words like mango,teak,coir,curry etc etc are from Dravidian language..

Nope..So what??..may be its also using in indo European.
English words like mango,teak,coir,curry etc etc are from Dravidian language..

They are ancient IE words, Neer or Ap all have IE origin, not the modern term. Greek has a water God similar to the word Neer and in modern Greek water is called Nero. BTW I want to know why are so desperate to disassociate Sanskrit influence to South Indian languages(genetically there is no Indo-Aryan or Dravidian races, all of the Indians are mixed race of ANI(ancestral North Indians) and ASI(Ancestral South Indians) in different proportion and common people by ancestry).

They are ancient IE words, Neer or Ap all have IE origin, not the modern term. Greek has a water God similar to the word Neer and in modern Greek water is called Nero. BTW I want to know why are so desperate to disassociate Sanskrit influence to South Indian languages(genetically there is no Indo-Aryan or Dravidian races, all of the Indians are mixed race of ANI(ancestral North Indians) and ASI(Ancestral South Indians) in different proportion and common people by ancestry).

You think him being a christian has anything to do with it ? :coffee:

So what??..,so only Sanskrit could influence other languages and language groups??..Why not Dravidian??..
What about the English word 'Mango' then??..Its from manga,root Dravidian word....
Even you could find lot of Dravidian influence in malay,korean languages..what about that??/Claiming every thing from Sanskrit is not acceptable..

I know some missionaries want to divide North and South Indian Hindus riding on Aryan-Dravidian race theory but I generally don't generalize Christians the way you think because they are common Indian like us.

So what??..,so only Sanskrit could influence other languages and language groups??..Why not Dravidian??..
What about the English word 'Mango' then??..Its from manga,root Dravidian word....
Even you could find lot of Dravidian influence in malay,korean languages..what about that??/Claiming every thing from Sanskrit is not acceptable..

You were denying its Sanskrit origin. If I remember sometime back you were denying the Dravidian origin of Telugu language. You don't need to go to denial mode about the Sanskrit influence on Dravidian language, need to concede the fact.

FYI..My grandfather(mother's father) was a Sanskrit/Malayalam teacher..We have lot of old collection Sanskrit texts and books as old as 1889....

Even after 52 pages, no solution for it and even after so much off topics, thread is still active. :lol:

You were denying its Sanskrit origin. If I remember sometime back you were denying the Dravidian origin of Telugu language. You don't need to go to denial mode about the Sanskrit influence on Dravidian language, need to concede the fact.
Nope..I haven't denied the Dravidian origin of telegu.....
If thats case..You are also denying its Dravidian orgin..

I know some missionaries want to divide North and South Indian Hindus riding on Aryan-Dravidian race theory but I generally don't generalize Christians the way you think because they are common Indian like us.
I haven't attacked or insulted any religion or Gods in my posts..Just go to that Kerala love thread and see the words of that lordmanvan..ok..He can insult anyone and can attack any religion and ethnicities.
Yes,I too attacked ethnicity,that was under provocation..

...and yet he is hell bent of trying to prove Sanskrit did not influence South India.

Kodumanal excavation yields a bonanza again - The Hindu

When 2000 year old proof of Prakrit (which is nothing but unsophisticated sanskrit) is found in Tamil Nadu where does this doubt come from ?

Back
Top Bottom