What's new

China Foreign Affairs: The State of Democracy in the United States 中国外交部:美国民主情况

And yet you can still access this website without a VPN, you can have your own opinion and air it publicly even if it's against your government. You can hold protests, mock your Prime Minister or you can hold any official accountable. You can have an idea on what's going on in the country because there is a free press and when you are say wrongfully indicted you have a justice system that don't toe the line of the government.
I would stay miles away from a country that doesn't guarantee all these.

What proof? There is nothing to prove we systematically prosecute any religious minority. And our Government of India is cooperating with the middle eastern countries in many fields on a government level. We house second or third largest Muslim population in the world. Your fantasies don't fly.

Tell me, a ruler who removed term limits and promoted himself to supreme commander of the armed forces is a classic example of a dictator. India is dictatorship?😂 You lost it?
And my kids have no future. There is no security. And Malaysian are getting poorer and poorer.
You're the democracy expert. Tell me. What is the purpose of democracy ?

And my kids have no future. There is no security. And Malaysian are getting poorer and poorer.
You're the democracy expert. Tell me. What is the purpose of democracy ?
At least that's not the case with other democracies I haven't looked into particulars of Malaysian economy but it doesn't look it's going to go down any time soon.

The purpose of democracy is so that you have a say in what happens in your country. You can hold people in power accountable to the public and you don't have to rely on one man's crazy ideas and suffer the consequences, if he's doing a poor job and the public agrees with it, he can be kicked out and be replaced. And you have a sense of security that your next generation will not suffer the decision of some polpot who might social engineer them into zombies.

At least that's not the case with other democracies I haven't looked into particulars of Malaysian economy but it doesn't look it's going to go down any time soon.
Err if you are coming from the low base then perhaps. But when Singapore broke away from Malaysia, Singapore dollar vs Malaysian Ringgit was 1:1. Singapore is an authoritarian government...no ? Now 55 years later, 1 Singapore dollar can buy 3.1 Ringgit. And I believe Singapore GDP now equals Malaysia.

The purpose of democracy is so that you have a say in what happens in your country. You can hold people in power accountable to the public and you don't have to rely on one man's crazy ideas and suffer the consequences, if he's doing a poor job and the public agrees with it, he can be kicked out and be replaced. And you have a sense of security that your next generation will not suffer the decision of some polpot who might social engineer them into zombies.
Talk about accountability.

W Bush invaded Iraq based on WMD which turned out to be false. Over to 4 thousands US soldiers were killed. Many more maimed. Estimated 200 thousands Iraq civilians were killed. Millions were displaced. Country's infrastructure destroy. US treasury drained. Country handed over to Iran which is now the new enemy. Oil now goes to China. It does not even help promote US interest.
Where is the accountability ? Anybody punish ?

How did China do fighting the Covid ? They stopped it in 76 days. Yet they fired dozen of officials last year and recently fired over 30 officials.
How about US. Death reaching 800K. Anybody got fired or punished ?

Opioid death last year reached 100K. Anybody punish ?

Now talk about democracy.
Yes, but what is the ultimate goal of a democracy ? I understand all those check and balance institutions and kicking out government you do not like.
That the typical argument I get. Talk about the process by all means but never ignore the results on the ground.

What the world needs, including United States is good governance not democracy.

Oh....Per the democracy advocate. Unless the narrative have changed. The reason you have democracy is to create a prosperous country.
China must have democracy since China is getting more and more prosperous. :enjoy:

This creature from a 3rd world military dictatorship that starves people for profit, kills people then hides the bodies and replaces medicine with voodoo witch doctors... has the audacity to criticize China on democracy of all things.

Democracy in Indian characteristics:

Populism
Propaganda
Militarism
Interventionism
Corruption
Nepotism
Castism
Fake news
Fractionism
Underdevelopment
Illiteracy
Empty rhetoric
Bragging
Incompetence
Disregard for human life

We don't care. No amount of tourism is worth risking national security. You should be flooding Islamabad airport, help your friends first.
Come on, dude. I mean, Indians will rush to New Delhi airport, sardine the planes, and go to China for better life.

If China opens the gate, New Delhi Airport will be the most crowded place on earth.
No offense, no insulating here.

I just want to tell you, in a country like China and India with more than 1 billion people, if some of them have chance to have a better life, they will just do it, plenty of them will do it.

It doesn't necessary mean Chinese are not patriots, neither do Indians. But plenty of them will just do it.

While Chinese, lots of them like me, despise Yankees in some ways, while admire them in some ways. People has views, different views.

Yankees are good at doing something, they really do. But they really screwed up something, they really did, such as Afghanistan, Iraq, or their domestic issues.

But Democracy Summit, it's really a scum. Such a hypocrisy.

Korea is ruled by fake democracy using KCIA/CIA sponsored sex cult as a tool. The power poles are Chaebol, US proxy AG office and korea president.

See how US weakened Japan in 1980's and now US tries to end S.Korea and Taiwan's dominance in semiconductor industry by forcing Samsung and TSMC to deliver their secret data to US government.

There's a worldwide chip shortage and you are wondering why the US government is asking where all the chips went? They aren't asking for designs just information about whether they are playing an OPEC game of price fixing. Sort of like PPE products in early 2020....

This isn't sinking Taiwan, Japan, or Korea.

try again with your "South Korea, Japan and Taiwan region are all subject to US economic restriction. They have development glass ceiling. "

There's a worldwide chip shortage and you are wondering why the US government is asking where all the chips went? They aren't asking for designs just information about whether they are playing an OPEC game of price fixing. Sort of like PPE products in early 2020....

This isn't sinking Taiwan, Japan, or Korea.

try again with your "South Korea, Japan and Taiwan region are all subject to US economic restriction. They have development glass ceiling. "
LOL. So you chose to believe all your government pretext shit. Let's wait and see. US will soon replace Taiwan and S.Korea to become biggest semiconductor fab base. And Intel will magically achieve breakthrough in most advanced technologies. All because "US government is concerned on chip shortage" as you said.

Last edited:
It suits better than India preaching it.
Indians think voting is democracy. Chinese are more realistic. They don't give too much shit about voting, they care what benefits they can get from the government policies.

East Asian countries like South Korea, Japan or even Taiwan don't look up to the Chinese system simply because its nothing special to them, since they have already passed that stage of development that China is going through decades ago. So it might sound impressive for others in other parts of the world like Africa, South America, Middle east etc, but these east Asian countries already went through that successfully. If anything China which had been a major east Asia country and a major economic and cultural influence for this region should have actually been the first one to lead the way here, but due to history, they are merely playing catch up and were very late to the party, so it's not like CCP is anything that special like they will like to make others believe with some of their propaganda. Chinese are hard working people, entrepreneurial, businessminded, high IQ and have a long system/history of self governance (though they fell off from grace for over a century and suffered from invasions, porvety ,famine etc ) and a country also rich in natural resources and manpower , so it would have been a surprise for them to remain a poor destitute backward country with all this advantages, especially with the advent of peace. Even an average government should have been able to lift up such a country to a decent standard at least giving all this, you would have had to be and incompetent government especially in the modern world we live in and the age of globalisation this past decades to still mess things up giving all this. So CCP is not some magician or whatever. Even if a different party starts ruling China tomorrow, the country will still keep growing, to think otherwise will be an insult to the intellect of the Chinese to rule themselves. So CCP is not China like they claim to be. They are just the ruling political party nothing else. So even if or when they ever lose power, it won't be the end of China. No human or political party is bigger than a country . They come and go, but the country always remains. To say otherwise is purely propaganda and nothing else.
Japan for example is an one party country. South Korea is controlled by big families. Singapore is similar. Few countries have real democracy in paper and reality.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom