What's new

Smriti Irani Stops 70,000 Students of KV From Learning German, Makes them Switch to Sanskrit

Marathi, Gujarati and Punjabi sounds very close to Hindi, Punjabi being closest, I can understand large of after listening to them but Sanskrit is a lot different from all North Indian because of thousands years of evolution of North Indian languages.
The level of grammar used in Sanskrit is of a too much higher level when compared with her offspring languages...

Actually, I have seen lots and lots of people the way they throw filth on Hinduism and Indian culture by Aryan and Dravidian race theory give us a sense a our culture and religion is under attack. Many people even blamed me as Hindutva extremist for referring to genetic studies of reputed Harvard Medical School because it don't fit in their Aryan-Dravidian bullcrap as if there is a huge resistance against dissolution of Aryan-Dravidian differences.
OK..Have you heard about 'Syriac' language??..
It was the religious/liturgical language of Syrian Christians of Kerala..Its a dialect of Aramaic language,Aramaic was the language of Jesus....Church mass/prayers were used to be sung in Syriac language until about 1965-1970..Lot of Syrian Christians were against the use of Syriac language in prayers instead of Malayalam..Due to high protest and resistance from believers ,it was discontinued after 1970..Kerala Syriac language is all most dead now..

OK..Have you heard about 'Syriac' language??..
It was the religious/liturgical language of Syrian Christians of Kerala..Its a dialect of Aramaic language,Aramaic was the language of Jesus....Church mass/prayers were used to be sung in Syriac language until about 1965-1970..Lot of Syrian Christians were against the use of Syriac language in prayers instead of Malayalam..Due to high protest and resistance from believers ,it was discontinued after 1970..Kerala Syriac language is all most dead now..

I am aware of Aramaic used by Oriental Orthodoxy. But you have to go into history also, the Church in Europe enforced Latin and Hebrew on Christians and people were punished for using other languages and there came the resistance to disown Latin and Hebew in favour of local languages after Catholic and Protestant schism and the trend continued.

In case of Hinduism, the disowning of Sanskrit was mainly targeted to create enmity between North and South Indians mainly targeting Hinduism in South India and make them believe Hinduism is not the religion of Dravidian people and such phobia is not needed when its already proved north Indian and south indian are same people genetically. Since 15th century, entire India saw the Bhakti movement and huge lots of religious literature were composed in local languages across India and many Sanskrit literature were translated into local languages make them people understand them, every region have their Bhakti saints and poets.

You clearly have no idea about European economy or industry.
Care to explain the same for UK before and after 1950 or take other recession ridden countries in Europe. Well we are not discussing European economy but single country's economy which can be better and failure at any time frame. Anything wrong? I don't see it.
To give students more opportunities, yes! If you live in Kerala and plan to study or work abroad, english and a 2nd foreign language is clearly more helpful, than being forced to learn Hindi or Marathi.
Or as I said before, if you want to work for a foreign company in India, knowing their language helps you to get the job, since that's a preferable feature to seperate from the mass. There can be many applicants that knows more than 1 Indian language, but not many more that can speak the same foreign language as a French, Spanish or German company.

It's about what gets you more opportunities for work or studies and India with a young demographic must increase the knowledge base of languages to increase the opportunities for them, which a 2nd regional language hardly can do. It's good to still offer other languages as an option, but one can't talk about globalisation, foreign companies investing in India and making India a production hub and at the same time limit your workforce to some regional languages only.
Wow! Teaching students from LKG to class 10th and making them country centric where they will work in future. Education at younger age is for learning and not for being commercial. Lets take an example by your said logic, I start teaching my 3 yr old daughter German here in Canada as Germany is better economy than Canada so when she will be of 20+ year old, she can go and work in Germany. How logical it sounds?
No, I think it's totally normal because India is a mix of different states and not just one country as a base. You can't compare India with Germany, where the whole country speaks basically 1 language with minor differences in the dialect. The proper comparison would be the EU, a mix of countries with different languages. So it's logical for India, just as it is for the EU to use English as the international language, while you have seperate regional languages (Malayalam, Hindi just as German or French).
India will never have a single national language, nor will the EU come up with a new one or abandon German or French. But to increase your scope and your opportunities in todays world, it is important to learn more foreign languages.
What I hear is that we should learn German because it was great for future opportunities. Accepted. I agreed on that part and that should be done only after Class 10th when Students are mature enough to understand the world and chose the language he wants to pursue so there should be option of many languages and not only German.

Secondly, Indian economy is growing people from North India going to South and vice versa. If you are exploring possibilities for communicating the other part of world then don't you think it makes sense to have one common language to communicate. Why so partiality against one National Language.

Care to explain the same for UK before and after 1950 or take other recession ridden countries in Europe. Well we are not discussing European economy but single country's economy which can be better and failure at any time frame. Anything wrong? I don't see it.

When China is the driving nation for the world economy, Germany is the same for Europe. It's the only country in Europe that came through the crisis years since 2008 with balanced or increased GDP, the industry is doing well and the unemployment rates are far below other major European countries. If you have missed that, it's not surprising that you underestimate the importance of Germany as an interesting destination for students or for work in Europe and compare it to Spain, which was close to be broke and still suffering largely from the crisis. Many young people from Spain are coming to Germany now, because they don't get work there anymore and the only hope in Europe is Germany.

Wow! Teaching students from LKG to class 10th and making them country centric where they will work in future. Education at younger age is for learning and not for being commercial.

First of all who told you they will work in Indian in future? Why do we have so many Indians that are working in the Gulf region, US, Europe...?
Secondly, the single fact that all parents push their kids to learn English in India (if they have the possibility), shows the importance of Indian regional languages. They send them purposly to english medium schools because they know how important proper English skills are for the future of their kids, so to increase their opportunities and to have a better life! The chances for that with knowledge in foreign languages are simply higher, than by knowing many Indian regional languages.

that should be done only after Class 10th when Students are mature enough to understand the world and chose the language he wants to pursue so there should be option of many languages and not only German.

It's not about knowing the world, but using the advantage that kids learn easier and faster in youger ages. Here you learn English and a 2nd foreign language from class 5 onwards. And if you want to give the kid the choice, it shouldn't be forced to a 2nd regional language either right?

Why so partiality against one National Language.

Who said I am against it? I am just realistic about the fact, that not even Hindi is a national language that is spoken all over India. So shouldn't be there an aim to improve the widespread Hindi skills of the nation, rather than hyping Sanskrit (I don't get how Sanskrit can be considert as a modern Indian language anyway) and that you shouldn't force the kids for a 2nd regional instead of a 2nd foreign language. Either you force them to both or you leave both as options. A kid from Kerala for example, should know Malayalam and English mandatory, ideally would also learn Hindi and a 2nd foreign language.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom