What's new

Smriti Irani Stops 70,000 Students of KV From Learning German, Makes them Switch to Sanskrit

The first steel was forged in India and we are talking about the BC era. The first planned city in the world with hydraulic engineering was in India.They had indoor plumbing in 2,500 B.C. for God's sake.

Even Indians today do not know how to reproduce that steel (do you know anything about it other than the generic mention you have made?). The first planned city in India was representative of a culture that died out without leaving any traces in subsequent Indian culture. The second phase of urbanisation in India started nearly a millennium after the first one died out.

The Pyramids are an engineering marvel that modern day Europeans actually believe it was built by aliens - they cannot accept the fact that a non-European civilisation was so scientifically far ahead than them. The Egyptians also perfected the science of embalming. The hanging gardens of Babylon, an architectural marvel was said to be so incredible that some jealous European historians now claim it was a myth.

None of this has anything to do with the scientific method.

Science in Europe started with the Renaissance which in turn started with the fall of Constantinople. Those Europeans were studying ancient Indian, Iranian, Egyptian, Mesopotamian science. The Fibonacci series was discovered by an Indian but named after Fibonacci because the later was European.

Again, you are confusing individual discoveries with the implementation and refinement of the scientific method. This method is quite specific, and there is no evidence of its existence before the 17th century.

You sound a very confused person. Science and culture evolved in these ancient civilisations because they were a very integrated society when Europe was still living in caves and Europeans wearing animal skin for clothes. And if you think that algebra, astronomy etc. can be done without systematic observation, measurement, experiment etc. then you don't have a clue about science. And yea, the world's first surgeon again was an Indian and the world's oldest language is Sanskrit. There was no "scattered" or accidental discoveries. There was systematic study.

Perhaps you should look through my older posts before coming to such an immature conclusion. :-)

Again, scattered discoveries. Panini made a breakthrough which took centuries to replicate. Are you even aware of what it is? BTW, the world's oldest language is not Sanskrit. Sanskrit was the codification by Panini of an older language, which was akin to Persian, and that was at least as old as Vedic Indo-Aryan. There are older languages, include the ancient Egyptian language, and Assyrian, Sumerian and Babylonian. Not to mention Chinese.

Asia is the cradle of humanity. Europe is going to learn this the hard way in 21st century with the Asian Renaissance.

Quite possibly. I was merely correcting your misconceptions about science and the scientific method.

@Jaat Rock Shimla Rohtak, Chamba the Hissar Punjabi see, ki hoya he band they, par Sarkar Punjabi see. :cry:
Sartinder Sartaj ke gaana na suna menu :D
And other interesting thing...The Shah Commision and Sardar Hukam Singh also recommend that Chandigarh should pe part of Haryana... :bunny:

There you have it folks. The spokesperson has spoken.

1. Indian science and urbanization was wiped out without a trace. :cheesy:
2. Building of pyramids had no scientific method behind it :woot:
3. No scientific methodology existed before 17th century. It was all blind luck. :P
4. Panini's systematic study of sanskrit and formulating its precise grammar was not systematic, it was scattered. :enjoy:

Bai, sari aag Congress di laye eh. Doonwa Pharawa nu Vanda Tah. Vand vi Kaani Hoyee.:(

It was Sardar Hukam Singh of Parliamentary Committee who recommend Haryana different from Punjab at first place..
I only told you about this Song. :whistle: The song is truth. Makes me weep! :cray:

Sartinder Sartaj ke gaana na suna menu :D
And other interesting thing...The Shah Commision and Sardar Hukam Singh also recommend that Chandigarh should pe part of Haryana... :bunny:

Last edited:
Bai, sari aag Congress di laye eh. Doonwa Pharawa nu Vanda Tah. Vand vi Kaadni Hoyee.:(
I only told you about this Song. :whistle: The song is truth. Makes me weep! :cray:
I am listening Sartinder Sartaj when you were not even able to understand Punjabi properly... :lol:
Yeah I don't listen that much of his song and i am not a big fan of him like you...but still :D

Oi bas bhi kar yaar. Pura India ghumayega tu ab mujhe :crazy_pilot:I am a male so you can give your curiosity a break :woot:
Bhai ladki hota toh kya mein udd ke aa jata.. :lol:
Chandigarh baara pada hai, aur ki jane ki jarurat nahi :D

ladkiya toh @Sidak @levina jesi bhi bethi hai yaha par, par thodi azeeb hai :whistle:Normal nahi lagti :lol:

Last edited:
I translate Saataj's song in Russian, Record them and make Russians to listen to them. :whistle::p:

I am listening Sartinder Sartaj when you were not even able to understand Punjabi properly... :lol:
Yeah I don't listen that much of his song and i am not a big fan of him like you...but still :D

ladkiya toh @Sidak @levina jesi bhi bethi hai yaha par, par thodi azeeb hai :whistle:

Jatton say jayeda Bawla, Tedha aur Ajeeb koi na say.8-)

Even Indians today do not know how to reproduce that steel (do you know anything about it other than the generic mention you have made?). The first planned city in India was representative of a culture that died out without leaving any traces in subsequent Indian culture. The second phase of urbanisation in India started nearly a millennium after the first one died out.

None of this has anything to do with the scientific method.

Again, you are confusing individual discoveries with the implementation and refinement of the scientific method. This method is quite specific, and there is no evidence of its existence before the 17th century.

Perhaps you should look through my older posts before coming to such an immature conclusion. :-)

Again, scattered discoveries. Panini made a breakthrough which took centuries to replicate. Are you even aware of what it is? BTW, the world's oldest language is not Sanskrit. Sanskrit was the codification by Panini of an older language, which was akin to Persian, and that was at least as old as Vedic Indo-Aryan. There are older languages, include the ancient Egyptian language, and Assyrian, Sumerian and Babylonian. Not to mention Chinese.

Quite possibly. I was merely correcting your misconceptions about science and the scientific method.

1. You obviously don't have a clue on things. Indians pioneered the science of metallurgy and made the world's first steel. Such things don't happen by accident or what you mentioned "scattered discovery". Yes the level of steel design and carftsmanship in the ancient times was far ahead but that loss of knowledge has to do with the foreign invasions and thousand years of slavery where all Indian knowledge was subdued or lost. And that does little to take away credit from India.

And who told you that Harappa dies out without a trace? Is there any proof about the Aryan invasion theory other than the opinion of a racist bigot who championed European hegemony? Even if for argument's sake we agree that it took a millenia for the next urban settlement to come up in India it still means 1500 B.C. Where was Europe in 1500 B.C.? Yes, still in their caves and animal fur.

2. I don't know what your academic qualification is exactly. But if you are trying to suggest that a meticulously planned city with advanced indoor plumbing, drainage system etc. can be designed by people who have no knowledge about science you are either a troll or the biggest idiot on the planet.

3. Individual discoveries? LOL!! So did Newton take the help of his entire neighbourhood or society when he proposed his laws of physics? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

You sound like a very small kid with limited knowledge. Maybe in Europe nothing started before 17th century but same is not the case in India. Nalanda University is older than European society. People who pioneered and studied mathematics, algebra, geometry, astronomy, medicine, language, grammar, philosophy were not peasants and cowherds who were bored of their daily routine and by luck and accident stumbled upon discoveries. They were scholars and they pursued knowledge in Universities.

4. Scattered discoveries? Sanskrit was the language of India. Ramayana and Mahabharat the two greatest epics on the planet earth were written in Sanskrit. What are you smoking man, you are either mad or have nothing to do with your life other than spew nonsense. Ayurveda is still in continuance in India, go to Kerala and other states of south India and they have Ayurveda clinics which have a better record of treating patients.

Yea, now you will slowly say that Sanskrit is a copy of Latin. Indian language is older than Chinese and certainly older than pictographs. Did they ever tell you the difference between dialect, language and the importance of grammar?

5. You are nothing but a troll or somebody who has very deep inferiority complex. Keep believing in your inferiority but for the love of God don't impose your pack of nonsense as truth because it is anything but truth.

ladkiya toh @Sidak @levina jesi bhi bethi hai yaha par, par thodi azeeb hai :whistle:Normal nahi lagti :lol:

Sidak is a female? Oye kudi inni pyar se bol rahi hai ki Punjabi ban jao and you Jats refuse. Oye sidak ji, don't worry. Ab se sanu bhi Punjabi si.

There you have it folks. The spokesperson has spoken.

1. Indian science and urbanization was wiped out without a trace. :cheesy:
2. Building of pyramids had no scientific method behind it :woot:
3. No scientific methodology existed before 17th century. It was all blind luck. :P
4. Panini's systematic study of sanskrit and formulating its precise grammar was not systematic, it was scattered. :enjoy:

I am curious to know what exactly does that fool understand by scientific method. Is he thinking about men wearing lab coats and sporting french beards as they feed data in computer? LOL!!

the only thing Europeans pioneered was colonialism.

"The issue is not about which language, Chinese or German, but about the freedom to learn and explore opportunities. Learning a foreign language, besides an Indian language and English, is very common in schools across India.

French has been a favourite for years and in the recent years, other languages such as German and Spanish have become standard options. Perhaps Smriti Irani, our education minister, hasn’t visited any of these places and is not aware of the foreign language craze children have. What she should also realise is that learning foreign languages is not a recreational activity, but a desperate attempt to improve one’s educational and professional possibilities. Indian undergraduate (nearly 50 percent of them engineering graduates) choose Germany as their fifth favourite destination because of the opportunities.

The issue is not of German, French or Mandarin, but of avenues of higher education and better life. By removing the German option, the minister has foreclosed the opportunities of about 70000 students in about 500 Kendriya Vidyalaya schools.

Now, the question of Sanskrit.

What do the children gain by learning Sanskrit? Is it a medium of useful higher learning anywhere - perhaps other than some Vedic studies and astrology? The three language policy is about Hindi, English and an Indian language. So why Sanskrit and why not Tamil or Telugu?

The three language policy itself is flawed. Why should children in non-Hindi states compulsorily learn Hindi? Let learning languages be voluntary. Education and learning are so central to the progress of a nation. Playing politics with it is an unpardonable mistake."

Firstpost.

I am curious to know what exactly does that fool understand by scientific method. Is he thinking about men wearing lab coats and sporting french beards as they feed data in computer? LOL!!

the only thing Europeans pioneered was colonialism.

He is a proud product of Maculay's education system and Nehru's secularism. Everything he knows is through the rose tainted glasses of a truly "British" education system.

What he is struggling to suggest is that Indians were not "scientifically minded" enough to have understood science correctly. For that matter, neither were the Egyptians or anyone else except the Europeans.

His prejudice is quite deep rooted and just as old.

Back
Top Bottom