What's new

Smriti Irani Stops 70,000 Students of KV From Learning German, Makes them Switch to Sanskrit

What the heck does that mean? Correct name of the language? "Proto" is used for a reason.
So 'proto' was the language used in Karnataka..
Before the advent of Malayalam 'KodumThamizh'(Chera dialect of Tamil) was the language of Kerala..Malayalam is a mix of Then Kodum Thamizh and Sanskrit..

Sanskrit is taught in Hindi states for parity with three languages formula and there is no escaping from learning Sanskrit along with Hindi and English. This introduction of German looks a recent trend.
If I was HRD min, I will drop sanskrit and bring spanish... its a beautiful language.. spoken by huge number of people in the world..
besides it has practical usage.. like widening the gene pool...
but then am just a keybord warrier. :pop:

What is need of learning two foreign language. Others don't learn any foreign language, here we are desperate to teach two languages to Indian kids. BTW Sanskrit is there for keeping three languages system in school curriculum in Hindi majority states.

Isnt it better for students to select which language they want to study as third option than government asking them to learn a particular language?

Before the advent of Malayalam 'KodumThamizh'(Chera dialect of Tamil) was the language of Kerala..Malayalam is a mix of Then Kodum Thamizh and Sanskrit..

Err...Proto kannada means an very ancient version of kannada No point comparing Malayalam to Kannada, the split there is fairly recent and is part of recorded history. Reconstruction of language origins gets difficult as we move back longer periods.

If I was HRD min, I will drop sanskrit and bring spanish... its a beautiful language.. spoken by huge number of people in the world..
besides it has practical usage.. like widening the gene pool...
but then am just a keybord warrier. :pop:

One foreign language(English) is enough for Indian kids and English is best among all foreign language, there is no need to teach two foreign languages to Indian kids.

One foreign language(English) is enough for Indian kids and English is best among all foreign language, there is no need to teach two foreign languages to Indian kids.
children can learn rudimentary 3rd language. They dont have to write essay or understand poetry.
It will be so much fun for them. Also it will introduce them to a new culture...
To Indians.. 'foregn' mean English... and the word is interchangable with USA/UK/germany/other western countries.
It will be nice for Indian kids to know the diversity of culture even in west.

I am worried that we are too inward looking, compared to kids of other countries.

Origin of Malayalam is recorded in history and comes from around 9-10th century. You really don't know how Tamil, Telugu and Kannada sounded before their earliest known record.

children can learn rudimentary 3rd language. They dont have to write essay or understand poetry.
It will be so much fun for them. Also it will introduce them to a new culture...
To Indians.. 'foregn' mean English... and the word is interchangable with USA/UK/germany/other western countries.

I am worried that we are too inward looking, compared to kids of other countries.

So you want Indian kids to know more about the diversity in the west than about the diversity in India ? That makes total sense. :tup:

So you want Indian kids to know more about the diversity in the west than about the diversity in India ? That makes total sense. :tup:
sanskrit does not teach diversity in India... now if you want to teach tamil to haryanvis ... I am not going to object.. :p:

The other language students learn is mostly useless. My friends learn French and German in school, unlike English they knew broken French or German totally useless for any kind of job purpose.

sanskrit does not teach diversity in India... now if you want to teach tamil to haryanvis ... I am not going to object.. :p:

You think kids will not learn that Sanskrit is the root language and is the mother of most other languages in India and its surrounding regions ?

Learning sanskrit not only improves your logical reasoning because of its structured grammar, it also gives you a foundation to understand other Indian languages, most of which has quite a bit of sanskrit in it.

Back
Top Bottom