What's new

'Sikhs are not Hindus’ campaign finds support in Pak

@Bang Galore The website was acting up, it didn't allow me to post entire thing:

Clause 1 of Article 25 of the Constitution provides the freedom of religion to everyone in India. Sub clause (b) of Clause 2 of Article 25 says: “notwithstanding the freedom of religion, the Government can make any law pertaining to the social welfare and reform or the throwing open of Hindu religious institutions of a public character to all classes and sections of the Hindus”. :coffee:

The problem arises in Explanation II of sub clause (b) in Clause 2 of the said Article, which says: “the reference to Hindus will be construed as including a reference to persons professing the Sikh, Jaina and Buddhist religions and the reference to Hindu religious institutions shall be construed accordingly as well.

The drafting of sub clause (b) of Clause 2 of Article 25 tends to ignore the separate and distinct identities of Sikh, Jain and Buddhist religions. Rather, it shows that these religions are either part of the Hindu religion or associated with it. This has resulted in avoidable confusion across the world about the independent identity of these three religions.

We want GOI to amend Article 25 with a view to distinctively refer to Sikh, Jain and Buddhist religions along with Hindu religion...

The drafting of sub clause (b) of Clause 2 of Article 25 tends to ignore the separate and distinct identities of Sikh, Jain and Buddhist religions. Rather, it shows that these religions are either part of the Hindu religion or associated with it. This has resulted in avoidable confusion across the world about the independent identity of these three religions.
Bull crap. Constitution makes it clear that when they use the word Hindu, they also refer to Sikhs, Jains and Budhist religions. It clearly identifies them as separate religions.

And no, your statement that it results in global confusion is bull crap. Budhists dont seem to suffer from this "confusion across the world"
Sikhs have the 5 K's which makes it a clear difference in appearances as well!

Nobody requires Indian constitutions permission to avoid 'confusion across the world '.

Its nothing but raking up of issues that have zero effect on the lives of either Sikhs or Hindus or anyone else for that matter - just a political point scoring and associated power play.

Now dont told me that Congress would help you in Punjab.
@Sidak is also a nationalist and she also hateCongress.

But where is that @he-man

She is a "REAL" nationalist ..................while blind Bhakts are pseudo Nationalist ................their loyality does not lie with India ............

it might be hard for u to digest .............I am a Akali:bunny:

Or may be stop asking rhetorical questions... that would do too.... oh hell, how can a "bhakt" ask sickulars to do anything.. they are so high and beyond reach, morally...

go and prepare ur "pooja ki thali" ..............noma namo karne ka time ho apka

on topic - so called "NATIONALIST" ( like the one i am quoting here) , will do everything to make India more communal ...........good luck with that

@Judge Explanation II – In sub-Clause (b) of clause (2), the reference to Hindus shall be construed as including a reference to persons professing the Sikh, Jaina or Buddhist religion, and the reference to Hindu religious institutions shall be construed accordingly.

He wants AAP Sarkar in Punjab. :sick:

I am a Akali ...:p::p: ...the buddies of Facepalm "BJP" party

She is a "REAL" nationalist ..................while blind Bhakts are pseudo Nationalist ................their loyality does not lie with India ............

go and prepare ur "pooja ki thali" ..............noma namo karne ka time ho apka

on topic - so called "NATIONALIST" ( like the one i am quoting here) , will do everything to make India more communal ...........good luck with that

Well you cant say a sweeping statement like that about nationalist.They are not a psuedo nationalist but ultra nationalists.
Perhaps you dont know about it.But the same RSS (your psuedo secular)did a lot for this nation during first kashmir warand successive wars.

Especially for logistics and even for fighting during 1948 .
There is a reason for Govt limitation towards RSS.Even your Congress and AAP cant oppose that fact.

Bull crap. Constitution makes it clear that when they use the word Hindu, they also refer to Sikhs, Jains and Budhist religions. It clearly identifies them as separate religions.

And no, your statement that it results in global confusion is bull crap. Budhists dont seem to suffer from this "confusion across the world"
Sikhs have the 5 K's which makes it a clear difference in appearances as well!

Nobody requires Indian constitutions permission to avoid 'confusion across the world '.

Its nothing but raking up of issues that have zero effect on the lives of either Sikhs or Hindus or anyone else for that matter - just a political point scoring and associated power play.

Your Opinion and Post is Bull Crap. Sikhs been sugar coated as Hindus - Article 25 B- II. You may interpret it as you wish, it doesn't matter. It's entire Sikh community which wants this Clause to be Removed from Constitution, like it wanted it's own Marriage Act. Sikhs have been demanding this since 60+ years, it's not racking up anything.

Hence, responsible for Plight of Punjab. :pissed:

Although the article in question doesn't call the sikhs as hindus, but they should amend it just to make logically/legally retarded people happy.

Your Opinion and Post is Bull Crap. Sikhs been sugar coated as Hindus - Article 25 B- II. You may interpret it as you wish, it doesn't matter. It's entire Sikh community which wants this Clause to be Removed from Constitution, like it wanted it's own Marriage Act. Sikhs have been demanding this since 60+ years, it's not racking up anything.

Hence, responsible for Plight of Punjab. :pissed:

did yeah know ....bjp saved their govt. in punjab by voting against no confidance motion...........lol............if they really care about punjab..........they should just leave punjab....................bjp mukt punjab

Well you cant say a sweeping statement like that about nationalist.They are not a psuedo nationalist but ultra nationalists.
Perhaps you dont know about it.But the same RSS (your psuedo secular)did a lot for this nation during first kashmir warand successive wars.

Especially for logistics and even for fighting during 1948 .
There is a reason for Govt limitation towards RSS.Even your Congress and AAP cant oppose that fact.

why Bhakt simply assume that I am a congressi or AAP ???

are u guyz programmed that way ??? #justasking

I am a AKALI ...........

Supreme Court of India Agrees that amendments should be made in this clause, but Logically& Legaly Retarded Seculars Hindus can't see the flaws in it. :whistle:

did yeah know ....bjp saved their govt. in punjab by voting against no confidance motion...........lol............if they really care about punjab..........they should just leave punjab....................bjp mukt punjab.

I ain't following, Indian Politics anymore. :sick:

Last edited:
did yeah know ....bjp saved their govt. in punjab by voting against no confidance motion...........lol............if they really care about punjab..........they should just leave punjab....................bjp mukt punjab

why Bhakt simply assume that I am a congressi or AAP ???

are u guyz programmed that way ??? #justasking

I am a AKALI ...........

Seriously .I dont like this Bhakt term.
I always oppose prejudice mentality.
If you have anything to counter my post then do it.I got all this information from one of my old relative.Politically he is Congress.But he told me a lot about RSS patriotism.
Infact some scums in that organization created issues. But you cant generalize entire organization.

5 dozen Sikh families sought refuge in India, just two weeks back.

Anyway, Sikhs are not considered as following the Hindu religion according to the Indian Constitution.

5 families not 5 dozen that also from KPK because of terrorism and for better economic opportunities which is still 100s if not 1000s time less than Indian Sikh sought refuge in other countries.

This is perfectly in line of Ahamadias are not Muslims , Mujahirs are not Pakistani etc. The logic is extended to Hindus and shikhs now as expected.

You forgot that campaign is started by Sikhs and being supported by Sikhs (Of course non-Confused Sikhs leaving out of India). :rolleyes:

You are interpreting it wrong. The line is Hindus shall be construed as including a reference to persons professing the Sikh, Jaina or Buddhist religion,
It means Hindus should be considered including persons professing the Sikh, Jaina or Buddhist religion,
That is why there is no mention of Islam in this list.

That is secular religion as per khoongressi, how it can be with league of communalist(Hindus/Sikh/Buddhist/Jainism)....

So it is NaMo's fault that this clause is in constitution? In any case, i would gladly do pooja that being a hypocrite sickular....

5 families not 5 dozen that also from KPK because of terrorism and for better economic opportunities which is still 100s if not 1000s time less than Indian Sikh sought refuge in other countries.
Better economic opportunities! In India? And they come with no money, no assets - nothing. And they applied for 'refugee status'. Did not look like economic refugees to me. But khair, you to your own. :tup:

The article 25 (b) seems pretty clear to me and it clearly identifies Sikhism, Jainism and Buddhism as separate religions. However I support a constitutional amendment just to put this issue to rest.

Better economic opportunities! In India? And they come with no money, no assets - nothing. And they applied for 'refugee status'. Did not look like economic refugees to me. But khair, you to your own. :tup:

Against the backdrop of escalating violence against religious minority communities, at least five Sikh families have left Pakistan for India, citing financial woes, a family elder revealed on Thursday.

Baba Amarjit Singh, a community senior in Peshawar, said that migrating families traded in commodities including textiles with India and had moved to seek better business opportunities.

Five Sikh families leave for India – The Express Tribune

You are mixing Sikhs with Hindus, not your fault though as it's general thinking in east

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom