What's new

'Sikhs are not Hindus’ campaign finds support in Pak

Against the backdrop of escalating violence against religious minority communities, at least five Sikh families have left Pakistan for India, citing financial woes, a family elder revealed on Thursday.

Baba Amarjit Singh, a community senior in Peshawar, said that migrating families traded in commodities including textiles with India and had moved to seek better business opportunities.

Five Sikh families leave for India – The Express Tribune

You are mixing Sikhs with Hindus, not your fault though as it's general thinking in east
Afghan Sikh and Hindu refugees aspire to stay back in India
Refugees In The Media

I am not mixing Hindus with Sikhs.

Can anyone explain one thing to me, especially @sarthankigangulo Kashmiri brahmin high caste. How the f did sikhs protect hinduism when 95% of them are low caste (probably 100%) in hinduism? Are you telling me shuhdra jatt sikhs were protecting hinduism? :rofl:

Ok, for argument sake i accept Indian claim of 60 Sikh families migrated from KPK & Tribal areas because of Talibans (same areas where millions of Muslims were also displaced and still are and thousands killed), now will you compare those numbers with Indian Sikhs fled from India?

Ok, for argument sake i accept Indian claim of 60 Sikh families migrated from KPK & Tribal areas because of Talibans (same areas where millions of Muslims were also displaced and still are and thousands killed), now will you compare those numbers with Indian Sikhs fled from India?
They don't flee now. The Congress sponsored genocide in 84 is something that is acknowledged by the state. Also to compare, the initial population needs to be taken into account. For example, Pakistan hosts about 20000 Sikhs (please correct me if I am wrong), while Jammu and Kashmir itself has 60000 Sikhs...so the proportions will naturally be much higher for India as a whole. :tup:

That said, 84 was a disaster and I will not hide it. I can't do anything about it now, I was not even born then. Except accept that it was a very sad thing to happen.

Nobody wants to associate themselves with Hindus.. Its a slur word in Indian subcontinent.

They don't flee now. The Congress sponsored genocide in 84 is something that is acknowledged by the state. Also to compare, the initial population needs to be taken into account. For example, Pakistan hosts about 20000 Sikhs (please correct me if I am wrong), while Jammu and Kashmir itself has 60000 Sikhs...so the proportions will naturally be much higher for India as a whole. :tup:

That said, 84 was a disaster and I will not hide it. I can't do anything about it now, I was not even born then. Except accept that it was a very sad thing to happen.

Good that you acknowledge it, But why this hypocrisy in accepting the fact that the Sikhs of KPK & Tribal areas migrated because of terrorists (unlike government acts of 80s & 90s in India) and everyone in that region was/is effected not only Sikhs, state is engaged in war with those terrorists.

So if Christians and Jews had same origin then it makes them one religion?? Anyway I don't know what will be the outcome of the demand of Sikhs but its worth a national debate.

So if Christians and Jews had same origin then it makes them one religion?? Anyway I don't know what will be the outcome of the demand of Sikhs but its worth a national debate.

No its not,,just a useless debate thats all.
But then religious people are not very rational,,are they??

Sikhs are no different.

[QU"he-man, post: 6593347, member: 149070"]No its not,,just a useless debate thats all.
But then religious people are not very rational,,are they??

Sikhs are no different.[/QUOTE]

I dont know but being rational doesn't mean you are not religious too!

I asked for the debate because everyone has right to be heard and that's as much I want

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom