Ship-borne MiG-29KUB jet for Indian Navy crashes in Russia

RPK

Reaction score
Country
India
Ship-borne MiG-29KUB jet for Indian Navy crashes in Russia

Ship-borne MiG-29KUB jet for Indian Navy crashes in Russia, IBN Live News

PTI | 10:06 PM,Jun 23,2011

From Vinay Shukla Moscow, Jun 23 (PTI) A ship-borne MiG-29KUB fighter/ trainer, which was for the Indian Navy as part of the Admiral Gorshkov aircraft carrier deal, crashed in south Russian Astrakhan region today, killing its two-member crew, a media report said.The Russian Defence Ministry has grounded the entire MiG-29 fleet till the probe is over, its official spokesman Colonel Igor Konashenkov told reporters.The MiG-29KUB fighter/trainer was for the Indian Navy as part of the Gorshkov aircraft carrier deal, Interfax news agency quoted MiG Corporation sources as saying.According to MiG spokesperson Elena Fyodorova, who confirmed that the ill-fated fighter belonged to the plant, said a team headed by its General Director is rushing to Astrakhan region to assist the military in probe.

Most likely human error- most air crashes these days are. Shame to hear about deaths- indicates emergency was very quick as they didn't have time to react.

rip to the dead.
you cant blame the jet its attrition rate is very low. maintaimence may also cause. lets wait for the official report.

the US thinks if they media manage and sell the f35 well, people will buy it . we need systems suited for our requirements and they may not necessarily come from Russia , but at least we wont buy stuff cuz we have no other option.

mmm...a brand new jet crashing? Very uncommon.

This is what happens when you buy Russian junk......BUY USA F35

The MIG-29 is reliable. My country have been using them since 1998. Not a single crash ;)

My only complaint is the maintenance issues of the RD-33 engines and the nightmarish after sales support.

Hey I am Indian American ....Im doing what I see is the best for both countries. Its in our interests to partner up. As for this accident, its truly tragic but the IAF has suffered greatly due to its reliance on Russia on spares and other issues. Look at the US crash rate, its quite low. Not hard to sell a great product :azn:

Back
Top Bottom