What's new

Ship-borne MiG-29KUB jet for Indian Navy crashes in Russia

Never really said that in my previous posts ;)

Both Western and Russian aircraft have their own unique advantages.

i said it because in your previous post you said that western jets come with better avionics. Anyways :D

This is what happens when you buy Russian junk......BUY USA F35

I do hope you know that the F-16 has had 339 class A crashes and the F-15 has had 140 class A crashes, most recently there has also been an F-22 crash, none of this is meant to degrade any of the above aircraft since there crash rate per 100,000 is low. What is it meant for is to give fools like you a dose of reality.

I also assume you know the circumstances of the crash? Or else you wouldn't call the aircraft junk by indicating it was a mechanical problem. I take it that it was not caused by bad weather, pilot disorientation, bird strikes, and faulty installation/maintenance?

If you also looked at modern Russian aircraft you will see that the crashes are almost none existent, even the Indian SU-30 which have been in service for 13 years have see only a mere 2 crashes one of which was pilot error if I’m not mistaken, couple that with a large fleet that clocks high flight time and you will see that the aircraft is a well built machine. Now couple all the other air forces that operate the SU-30 or Mig-29 fleets and you will see the attrition rates are not at all bad especially if you look at class A accidents.

Why has this thread gone on to TEN pages?!! This plane wasn't in India and wasn't flown by Indian pilots. The fact is the Mig29 is a very safe and relible plane with very few incidents as is. But the Mig29Ks are even newer with Auch More modern avionics and safety features such as more computers, internal health monitoring equipment, HOTAS, Digital FBW with quad redundancy and brand new engines but to name a few. I have spoken to a few friends of mine, who are experts in this field, and they say that this was most likely pilot error during a extensive test flight. Some speculated it could have been over-exuberant flying- as some Russian pilots have been known to do.

+ anyway 999th post!!!

This will b a setback for MIG which is already under pressure..
will b a setback for IN too...

you can try for f35 if y get them till that time y can fly your flying Coffin =)) rock on just a joke :D

you can try for f35 if y get them till that time y can fly your flying Coffin =)) rock on just a joke :D

i didn t.. get your joke..
cos pak navy does not any air craft closer to this one...
and still u could laugh :hitwall:

we dont want american jets with strings attatched which will be a puppet during US Sanctions.
MiG-29K is an ideal plane for Indian carriers with medium water displacement and it fits our purpose.The MiG-21 is called flying not MiG-29k so get some knowledge.
I feel you should not even comment on what we should buy coz your nation doesnt even have a single squadron of naval fighters.

RIP to the pilots. Fighter aircraft crashing during tests is not new but I hope IN already grounded Mig-29KUBs and rechecked.

Hi check this out I came across it on net couldn't find it anywhere on forums either.

Pirates Kill Indian Carrier

May 5, 2011: India announced that it delaying, indefinitely, plans to build any more aircraft carriers. This is being done for several reasons. Most immediately, there is a growing problem with Somali pirates operating off the west coast of India and throughout the Indian Ocean. To deal with this problem, which doesn't appear to be going away soon, Indian warships and land based patrol aircraft have to spend more time patrolling. This is expensive. Another problem is that India has two aircraft carriers entering service in the next few years, and this may be more expensive than planned. Then there is the costly nuclear submarine program, which is getting more pricey, and time consuming, each year.
At the moment, India has only one carrier in service, the 29,000 ton INS Viraat. This ship returned to service two years ago, after 18 months in a shipyard for upgrades and refurbishment. The refurbished Russian carrier Gorshkov (now the 44,000 ton INS Vikramaditya), is supposed to enter service next year. India is also building a 42,000 ton carrier, or Air Defense Ship (ADS) and was planning on starting construction of a second one once the first one was launched. The first ADS ship is expected to enter service in 2012, and the second one was to be ready by 2017. But now, there won’t be a second ADS for at least a decade.

India has operated carriers for half a century, having initially acquired INS Vikrant from Britain in 1961. Vikrant was decommissioned in 1997. India acquired a second carrier, the Viraat, also from Britain, in 1986. When it enters service in 2012, the Vikramaditya will operate sixteen navalized MiG-29 fighters, plus some helicopters. The ADS ship will have a similar aircraft complement to the Vikramaditya.

Naval Air: Pirates Kill Indian Carrier

Nothing Wrong With MiG-29K, Indian Navy Told

Livefist: Nothing Wrong With MiG-29K, Indian Navy Told

The Indian Defence Minister made the following statement down today in Parliament: A Prototype MiG-29KUB (Trainer) met with an accident on 23rd June, 2011 in Russia. The aircraft belonged to Russian Aircraft Corporation (RAC) MiG, the manufacturer of the aircraft, and was utilized towards testing of systems and aircraft flight profiles. In this regard, RAC MiG requested the Indian Navy to temporarily suspend operation of the aircraft MiG-29K held in India pending report on the cause of accident.

A memorandum was served on 28th June, 2011 to RAC MiG to ensure that all matters on the MiG-29K aircraft of concern or requiring the attention of the Indian side be intimated on top priority without delay. Further, a detailed report on the cause of the accident has been sought from RAC MiG.

RAC MiG intimated on 28th June 2011 that based on analysis of data downloaded from the onboard flight data recorder, the Chief Designer of the MiG 29K/KUB has concluded that there were no shortcomings with regard to serviceability of aircraft systems, power plant and avionics.
RAC MiG therefore recommended the resumption of flying of MiG-29K/KUB aircraft in India without any restrictions. Further, RAC MiG has brought out in 1st week of July, 2011 that based on analysis of data from the onboard flight data recorder as well as examination of the aircraft wreckage, the investigation Board preliminarily concludes that all the aircraft systems, power plant and onboard equipment have worked normally from the beginning of the flight till collision with the ground. No destruction of airframe in the air has been noted.

There is no impact on the already concluded contract as the preliminary report of the Board, as intimated by RAC MiG, has brought out that the accident has not occurred due to failure or malfunction of aircraft systems.

Back
Top Bottom