What's new

Saudi Arabia expresses interest in JF-17 co-production with Pakistan.

They are not the same. F-35 is a multirole aircraft while the J-20 is a very large interceptor built for a specific purpose.

Also, I don't think the Typhoon is a good replacement for the Tornado. It's rather being used to replace the F-5 and F-15C in the air superiority role. The Tornado IDS is a twin seat ground support jet par excellence but they're getting replaced with the F-15SA.

Of course. JF-17 will eventually get AESA radar (Block 3 was it?). I was just musing on the possibility of a quick buy to cover the gap till Block 3s roll off the Assembly line.

Typhoon Tranche 3 will be upgraded with CASTOR-E AESA radar. JF-17 Block 3 will have AESA.

J-20 is multi role. The EOTS is good evidence of that. It has way more payload than F-35 and has much better maneuverability due to canard design. JF-17 Block 2 incorporates J-10B's new technologies. We shall see what it has in a few months time when it rolls off the assembly line. Typhoon Tranche 3 likely delayed till 2015 at the earliest.

Last edited:
The Canards are a liability to the stealth capability of the J-20.

And just because a plane CAN preform a variety of missions, doesn't mean it should.

I mean, the F-15C can carry unguided bombs but....you wouldn't really want to put it as a bomber (F-15E on the other hand....)

The Canards are a liability to the stealth capability of the J-20.

And just because a plane CAN preform a variety of missions, doesn't mean it should.

I mean, the F-15C can carry unguided bombs but....you wouldn't really want to put it as a bomber (F-15E on the other hand....)

F-15E is two seat, therefore better suited for strike missions. J-20's canards are the same as F-22's rear flaps, only mounted in the front rather than in the rear. In terms of RCS it should make no difference whatsoever.

Of course. JF-17 will eventually get AESA radar (Block 3 was it?). I was just musing on the possibility of a quick buy to cover the gap till Block 3s roll off the Assembly line.

Block-III is just 24 months away.

RsYlX.jpg

A new single piece man machine interface was displayed at Zhuhai air show with JF-17 logo on it. It is possible that such a display might be available for any customers if they wish to integrate it into a custom built package.

newcockpit.jpg

My take is that Block 2 has an AESA derived from J-10B's AESA and also J-10B's IRST and wide angle holographic HUD, while Block 3 has WS-13A engine rated over 20,000 lb thrust and 1 piece man machine cockpit interface. :p:

Why not build one - together- ?
Ehhh...... :o: I thought we had one (just needs to be made smaller). Plus i read an interview on some thread that block 2 will feature AESA radar (correct me if i'm wrong).

Of course. JF-17 will eventually get AESA radar (Block 3 was it?).
Block 2 is supposed to have AESA radar my dear..... They're working on it :moil: :tongue:
Plus us Pakistanis are known to sometimes surprise the world..... just saying :whistle:

Understand one thing now , do not start a MKI discussion here . Because a lot of weapons despite having foreign origins are produced and sold by other countries . You aren't given the full transfer of technology of that aircraft and neither can you sale that . There's much difference between both projects .

I guess that exist.Or else we wouldnt able to manufacture it here.

We import Radar antenna & single crystal blade from russia & its very sensitive technology. They didn't provide full ToT in fitting ejection seats which we solved locally.

Why don't Pakistan & Saudi Arabia start working on any new stealth fighter project? Pakistan have experienced engineers & Saudi Arabia have massive resources.

We are getting ahead of ourselves here. Let us first see what happens with JF-17, because all this news is based on conjectures at this point. I wish our hopes become reality, but we must not rush to conclusions AND start dreaming of next big thing.

Any new stealth project should also have Turkish participation and Chinese advisory role, if possible. But all this is Off Topic. Let us open another thread in appropriate section.

There's a certain level for that granted because of your huge order . I am really doubtful about any " full technology transfer " on licensed production - that ai'nt the norm . Anyways , discuss the thread .

There's a certain level for that granted because of your huge order . I am really doubtful about any " full technology transfer " on licensed production - that ai'nt the norm . Anyways , discuss the thread .

Certain level,that includes SCB technology??Ah,anyways leave it.

J-10B/C has got AESA already.. AESA option is there but for Pakistan there is need to have block-IIs first. If Saudi Arabia decides to procure AESA, it can have them fitted in JF-17 Block-1 straight away.

By the way, block-III are supposed to have stealth nose and even lower RCS. You might want to wait a little for further airframe improvements.

Ehhh...... :o: I thought we had one (just needs to be made smaller). Plus i read an interview on some thread that block 2 will feature AESA radar (correct me if i'm wrong).
Block 2 is supposed to have AESA radar my dear..... They're working on it :moil: :tongue:
Plus us Pakistanis are known to sometimes surprise the world..... just saying :whistle:

There were rumors that Block-II will have nose modifications and even lower RCS but now I think has been shifted to block-III - or - stealth nose is entirely different program..? No information on that and Allah knows the Best!

Back
Top Bottom