What's new

Saudi Arabia expresses interest in JF-17 co-production with Pakistan.

Buying JF17s by KSA or any oil rich middle eastern country (even funding the project) wi mean a major shift in policy for them. Unlikely to happen unless there are substantial political benefits as money is not a big problem for these guys.
JF17s if exported will most likely be to third world countries with struggling economies and the need for a light multirole fighter.

Buying JF17s by KSA or any oil rich middle eastern country (even funding the project) wi mean a major shift in policy for them. Unlikely to happen unless there are substantial political benefits as money is not a big problem for these guys.
JF17s if exported will most likely be to third world countries with struggling economies and the need for a light multirole fighter.

Good analysis my dear Watson :P

one fails to understand this obsession with exports when in fact the domestic demand is barely being met. If the product is good qwalitywise it will sell in due course of time. Perseverance pays. With about 300 m dollar defence exports pakistan is a new player in the field. When it creates enough goodwil for itself in the international market selling its products would be so much more easy. But it has to increase its spending on RnD which is abysmaly low.

one fails to understand this obsession with exports when in fact the domestic demand is barely being met. If the product is good qwalitywise it will sell in due course of time. Perseverance pays. With about 300 m dollar defence exports pakistan is a new player in the field. When it creates enough goodwil for itself in the international market selling its products would be so much more easy. But it has to increase its spending on RnD which is abysmaly low.
and then these joint production claims
so far counting Egypt and Saudis .. I am sure there were more other countries that "allegedly" want to co-produce

i wonder what became of that project of supreme importance, the 300m dollar electronics complex that was to come up with chinese help. Has it started functioning or is it still in the building phase. I think it will be the first such facility where tr modules will be made. One more question- what became of the jft production facility that was to come up at nawabshah. And as of now how many thunders can be manufactured in a year in pakistan. I mean the capacity and the actuar production?
Thanx in advance.

Pakistan shares JF-17 tech and Saudi shares AN-132 tech, fair deal.

Slow initiative from Saudis need to move fast spend 4-5 BILLION and secure the deal

Suadis has better options. Even they buy JF17, they will end up catching rust and later sold for scrap. They are flying top of the line fighter jets in the market.

Well you never know what kind of Backdoor shut down shit is being installed on new fighter jets
I personally have a theroy the COM and Missile friend and foe systems are compromised on Saudia / Egyptian F16

Turkey aready remove the virus software from their F16 :) Turkish are just always 10 steps ahead of any other nation's intentions

Always good to have 200 JF17 Thunder just in case Plan B is needed

The Friend/Foe system might be compromised since India is getting F16 manufacting and pretty sure they woudl also be getting hands on codes for the friend and foe system

Lot Bigger Backstab then then one done in 1990 with whole wheat for F16 thing

It would make sense for Both Egypt / Saudia to get 200 planes each JF17 from Pakistan just in case

Egypt is already a well known customer of K8 and Saudia well has always got services ordered from us

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom