What's new

Saudi Arabia expresses interest in JF-17 co-production with Pakistan.

Th Brimstone and storm shadow capability is being funded by the British exchequer.

They were planned prior to Saudi ordering any EFs.

Brimstone possible, the Storm Shadow is not, because the Saudis wanted it now, while the UK plan with that, or more credible strike capabilities only around 2019, when they replace their Tornados and when the EF will take over certain roles.

Usraelis are trying to sell the kfir block 60 with an AESA radar and the the latest avionics put on a forty years old frame and design, Why Pakistan or KSA can not do it with a new design?

Who said they can't? The point is only, from where the AESA radar will come from? The Saudis don't develop it on their own like the Israelis. Nor will the US or Europeans provide AESA radars for JF 17, which leaves China and if at all Russia as the only option right? That's why I said, it's not the money that counts, but the availablity of techs and capabilities, because that is the limitation!
Take the Gripen for comparison. Suppose the Saudis would want to buy and highly invest in it, they could easily take the Selex / Saab AESA, could pay for the integration of the RBE 2, or more logical might opt for a smaller Captor E AESA, to have commonality between their EFs and the Gripen. They simply would have far more options to use their money for upgrades.

Brimstone possible, the Storm Shadow is not, because the Saudis wanted it now, while the UK plan with that, or more credible strike capabilities only around 2019, when they replace their Tornados and when the EF will take over certain roles.

Who said they can't? The point is only, from where the AESA radar will come from? The Saudis don't develop it on their own like the Israelis. Nor will the US or Europeans provide AESA radars for JF 17, which leaves China and if at all Russia as the only option right? That's why I said, it's not the money that counts, but the availablity of techs and capabilities, because that is the limitation!
Take the Gripen for comparison. Suppose the Saudis would want to buy and highly invest in it, they could easily take the Selex / Saab AESA, could pay for the integration of the RBE 2, or more logical might opt for a smaller Captor E AESA, to have commonality between their EFs and the Gripen. They simply would have far more options to use their money for upgrades.

You do know that EU is a military supplier of Pak right? The Italian Vixen? a new pod developed by PAC in a JV with an unnamed European firm/?

Saudis are also interested in Turkish SOM ALCM. Selex would readily provide Vixen series or any compatible product but it all comes down to price and requirement for PAF, As for RSAF it is no problem acquiring/integrating expensive product.

What is the source that US would not provide AESA to saudis wasn't F-16 Block 60 development funded by U.A.E...Radar like SABR AESA currently being integrated into F-16s any comparable product could be developed.

By the way saudis have interest in more air hostesses than JF-17s.

Zero, so far.
wrong dear

Saudis have expressed interest in JF-17 calender.

but I dont think their interest will go any further than the calender present that was given to their delegation that visited Aeronautical complex last time

PAF-Falcons-Calendar-Sep-2013-large.jpg

wrong dear

Saudis have expressed interest in JF-17 calender.

but I dont think their interest will go any further than the calender present that was given to their delegation that visited Aeronautical complex last time

PAF-Falcons-Calendar-Sep-2013-large.jpg

Perhaps we could entice them with scale models and matching table mats?

Perhaps we could entice them with scale models and matching table mats?
nice strategy bro but they might go for F-15 mats instead :(
there is one possibility to entice them but its so complicated that I will loose you in few sentence
so our simpleton Arabs got no chance

here it is anyway.
KSA buys the TOT with complete manufacturing ability in house and then get the Yankies to make a custom build engine that is in similar dimensions and can be integrated into the JF-17 with the dry thrust of about ~15-20 thousand lb and the plane to have open source architecture to accommodate western avionics and weapons.

the Saudis can christian it and call it Al -Saud 23 ( 23 being the average mean number of wives any worthy monrach must have)

nice strategy bro but they might go for F-15 mats instead :(
there is one possibility to entice them but its so complicated that I will loose you in few sentence
so our simpleton Arabs got no chance

here it is anyway.
KSA buys the TOT with complete manufacturing ability in house and then get the Yankies to make a custom build engine that is in similar dimensions and can be integrated into the JF-17 with the dry thrust of about ~15-20 thousand lb and the plane to have open source architecture to accommodate western avionics and weapons.

the Saudis can christian it and call it Al -Saud 23 ( 23 being the average mean number of wives any worthy monrach must have)

Nice plan, but its chances of ever happening are between 0.0 and 0.00, on a good day.

The JF-17 will be a great plane for PAF to use and boast about, but that is about it for this aircraft, given its limitations in comparison to the world market for warplanes.

Pakistan could manufacture stealth fighters and that still wouldn't convince the likes of Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Egypt, etc to buy from Pakistan. The reality of how these countries do business is such that you'd need to tie your offering with the interests of a leading family or figure, and that isn't happening, given that PAC, HIT, etc, are state owned enterprises. On other hand, we see enterprises in Turkey willingly and happily engaging with their Pakistani counterparts, despite the lack of name in engineering or whatever.

Put made in USA or fait en France stamp it will sell like Ajwa.

Nice plan, but its chances of ever happening are between 0.0 and 0.00, on a good day.

The JF-17 will be a great plane for PAF to use and boast about, but that is about it for this aircraft, given its limitations in comparison to the world market for warplanes.

yeap.

I think JF-17 is just a cover for some other type of weapons.

KSA already is brimming with latest and greatest fighter planes.

yeap.

I think JF-17 is just a cover for some other type of weapons.

KSA already is brimming with latest and greatest fighter planes.

Some other types of weapons? You mean to say that the $1.5 billion dollars was not given out of the sheer goodness of their hearts? Oh my! :D

Back
Top Bottom