What's new

Saudi Arabia expresses interest in JF-17 co-production with Pakistan.

Saudia Arabia eye on JF17 interesting interesting... A country already have access to the world's most advance weapons and running state of the art facitlities of US Military weapons interested in JF17 ??? LOL side with latest F15E, E.Typhoon and all loaded with latest AESA Radar ... now going to invest and show interest in this JF17 peanut lol... something fishy behind this...

Nuclear Capable Air Launched Version of Babur, almaroof Ra'ad. This procurement will offer them second leg of their nuclear delivery channel.

Mind my words, Saudi Arabia would also buy atleast 3 Chinese Subs in near future. They would want to keep Babur in their arsenal and that will add the 3rd leg to nuclear weapons delivery mechanism.

What literal role will it play for Egypt?

What JF-17's role? if you maybe referring to this Aircraft it can replace 3 Types in service with EAF...F-7/mig-21/Mirage III/V the role is obvious you can read more JF-17 Threads, unless egypt likes to keep 6-7 types for various roles where FC-1/JF-17 packs all it has not to forget 5 Types are with EAF without AEW&C datalink this is where KJ-200 variants come to support JF-17s,we can continue to discuss pros restricted to this aircraft and its capabilities.

What JF-17's role? if you maybe referring to this Aircraft it can replace 3 Types in service with EAF...F-7/mig-21/Mirage III/V the role is obvious you can read more JF-17 Threads, unless egypt likes to keep 6-7 types for various roles where FC-1/JF-17 packs all it has not to forget 5 Types are with EAF without AEW&C datalink this is where KJ-200 variants come to support JF-17s,we can continue to discuss pros restricted to this aircraft and its capabilities.

So Egypt will use it for training? Or what?

Sarcasm brah...?

No I'm not, if you can't answer question than leave it alone because I see Egypt really makes no use of its Air Force these days. I'm not sure what their program is aimed towards, it seems like it serves no purpose like it used to.

wishful thinking....they will never buy the JFT just like they did not buy the Al-Khalid even after signing a MoU and setting aside USD500 mill for the purchase....

Saudi Arabia is not buying a jet, they are buying delivery mechanism and you know what I mean.

Pakistan & China’s JF-17 Fighter Program

Latest News:

Jan 23/14: Saudi Arabia. After Saudi Deputy Defense Minister Prince Salman Bin Sultan visits Pakistan and tours the JF-17 production complex, the World Tribune reports that:

“…officials said representatives of the ministry as well as the Royal Saudi Air Force were examining the feasibility of procuring JF-17 as part of cooperation with Islamabad. “This project could provide the kingdom with technology that could be used in future projects,” an official said.”

The Saudis tried to set up a local Eurofighter final assembly and check-out line with BAE, but the kingdom backed off when it became clear that this wouldn’t work. Saudi Arabia is an important donor to Pakistan’s government, and there are persistent rumors that the Saudis even financed Pakistan’s nuclear program. On the one hand, JF-17 cooperation could make sense industrially, as a more achievable starting point. It would also fit with growing Saudi interest in defense equipment that requires zero American involvement.

On the other hand, but there’s no real hole in the RSAF that JF-17s need to fill. The RSAF’s F-5s are no longer frontline fighters; they and the Tornado F3 ADV interceptors have effectively been replaced by an order for 72 high-end Eurofighter Typhoons. The Typhoon order seems to be stumbling in mid-stream over upgrade costs to raise them to Tranche 3 standard, but the depth and breadth of the pre-existing Al-Yamamah partnership with Britain would make cancellation a region-altering diplomatic event. Meanwhile, an in-progress order for 84 new Boeing F-15SA Strike Eagles is well underway, and contract penalties would make the order almost pointless to cancel at this point.

The Saudis are already expanding their fighter fleet with these buys. They would have to either expand it further to accommodate the JF-17 – or become industrial partners, and then use JF-17s as a form of regional aid that isn’t subject to American ITAR regulations. Sources: World Tribune, “Saudi eyeing Pakistan’s JF-17 fighter jet, modeled from U.S. F-16″.

Pakistan & China’s JF-17 Fighter Program

No I'm not, if you can't answer question than leave it alone because I see Egypt really makes no use of its Air Force these days. I'm not sure what their program is aimed towards, it seems like it serves no purpose like it used to.

That's not for you to decide because Egypt's national or defense policies are not formulated based on an individual's opinion rather it's a lengthy and a much rather complicated process in which future needs might also be considered (and of course the reason behind these policies might sometimes be kept away from the eyes of public). Therefore in conclusion i would like to say that you're being too vainglorious.

wishful thinking....they will never buy the JFT just like they did not buy the Al-Khalid even after signing a MoU and setting aside USD500 mill for the purchase....
Back to the same circle are we?

This thread wasn't dadicated for saying " Oh they won't buy it " we just want to get into a healthy discussion.

Eyeing and buying are two different things.

^ same as above.

@Yzd Khalifa
With Saudi involvement, I can see a more Powerful Engine, State of the Art Avionics and killer Weapon Systems. I can see JF-17 Block 3 materializing way ahead of schedule for the Royal Saudi Air Force....:cheers:

That is what I m also expecting, but some here dont want western avionics & engine TOT for JF-17s which KSA can made available if they pursue it, it will be good for all KSA, Pakistan and even China because they could have first hand knowledge of western systems like before. We may be able to get advance AESA for JF-17s due to KSA which will nearly balance the air warfare with India as we will be able to built or upgrade our planes to advance standard to face an advance adversary.

Some of the obvious advantages to Saudi Arabia would be
  • No strings
  • No fear of sanctions
  • No pre-conditions
  • No procurement number restrictions
And on the positive side
  • Open Architecture (install whatever you want)
  • Upgradeable
  • Opens doors to Non-NATO weapons (increases diversity)
  • Local Assembly lines
  • Access to technical and tactical knowledge
  • Single and twin seat versions
  • Multirole
  • IFR
  • Light weight 4th gen
  • Low RCS
  • Low Cost
  • and the list goes on
Here are some disadvantages of producing JF-17
  • Pinching Americans and NATO for not buying from them
For Pakistan, the gain would be
  • Financial Gains
  • Producing more advanced blocks
  • Joint RND programs
  • Sale of weapon packages
  • Possibility of getting Saudi JF-17s at the time of need
This is a win-win possibility for both countries and Saudis will be benefitted in more dimensions than Pakistan.

Dang, @graphican , You wrote a thesis on why RSAF should go for JF-17.

Good Job. I Couldn't have said it any better, myself......

Last edited:
Saudia Arabia eye on JF17 interesting interesting... A country already have access to the world's most advance weapons and running state of the art facitlities of US Military weapons interested in JF17 ??? LOL side with latest F15E, E.Typhoon and all loaded with latest AESA Radar ... now going to invest and show interest in this JF17 peanut lol... something fishy behind this...

Here you are wrong, they also operated F-5s which need a replacement, all roles can not be fulfilled by big birds, in mix of fighter jet JF-17s will fit well like F-16s fit in US mix.

An Air Force needs Fighters for different roles and just because you have an advanced fighter for a certain role does not mean that fighter will be used for all purposes.

My neighbour has a 2013 BMW but also just purchased a Ford 2014 Pickup Truck. So by your logic he is an idiot because having a State of the Art Luxury car he is now purchasing a cheap Truck ? :cheesy:

Back
Top Bottom