What's new

Saudi Arabia expresses interest in JF-17 co-production with Pakistan.

If KSA become interested in acquiring JF-17s for its forces then an advance variant may be possible to be developed for them because western companies will not hesitate to get this opportunity and may offer advance avionics, engine or even composite material to reduce weight and making it stealthy. It may cost around 30 to 35 mil a piece but it will become 4.5+ gen fighter with that kind of input and PAF may be able to get few for its self which will help a lot specially in air defense.

One important thing is that JF-17 is also capable to carry nuclear weapons without any restrictions which may attract KSA, as there were news in media that KSA is interested in acquiring nukes, it also offer integration of weapons which user wanted so more options then other plane KSA have.

Last edited:
Hah :lol: this part of my post wasn't quoted. My bad ..

Oh yeah, these guys are always making news. Whenever we do something, they feel so insecure.

Probably childhood problems , even fireworks in Duabi can make them feel insecure , think hezbollah fire some rockets :rofl:

on topic @Yzd Khalifa : do you have any knowledge on any recent breakthroughs on these recent visit of Saudi's officials ?!

Etu Brutus ? :cray:

And here I thought that our foremost 'Field Man' would take the same line of arguments taken by some of our more esteemed members that 'Saudi Arabia has been a constant source of terrorism in Pakistan' & here you're saying they're one of Pakistan's most key strategic partner ! :o:

I dunno whether to feel vindicated & relieved that the Saudis are our allies as I've always believed them to be ! :kiss3:

Or sad that some of our esteemed members are brainless babooooons ! :(
We r desperate.....This shows this!

I thought its KSA, who's the big dady!!
Can you imagine this world without KSA petroleum products?
they r big daddies obviously but if the bigger ones dont show they power then the little ones take over and dominate.

Last edited:
recently there are reports that israel army personal visited KSA and discussed how to deal with Iran Nuke and strike inside Iran and KSA is providing assistance in that too..

Israel's PM in UN addressed this in diplomatic terms that israel made new friends in a region to deal with Iran nuclear program and they will work together to strike on it
Stop trolling

What if KSA cancel MOU of JFT after signing just like they did in AL-KHALID purchasing

I don't know if you have been replied, but its an impression that King Abdullah do not trust US as much as King Abdul Aziz.
I see fair chance for Pakistan, this time and we shall also ask for JV in drones and guns.

they big daddies obviously but if the bigger ones dont show they power then the little ones take over and dominate.

Let's keep it simple, if not RD-93 than still JFT have bright future, provided the development funds are not blocked.
People associated with JFT have disclosed on various occasions that Zardari blocked its development funds.

Last edited:
Can someone please give a little details of the JF-17 last block, specification, armament, radar range, air domination role, aerial refueling capability.

Also, Can the JF be twin engined instead of single engine? I would like to see Saudi Arabia funding the JF development program and providing pakistan with the TOT Saudi Arabia has from the west, that will definitely boost the Thunder capabilities.

Can someone please give a little details of the JF-17 last block, specification, armament, radar range, air domination role, aerial refueling capability.

Also, Can the JF be twin engined instead of single engine? I would like to see Saudi Arabia funding the JF development program and providing pakistan with the TOT Saudi Arabia has from the west, that will definitely boost the Thunder capabilities.

Go through the Jf-17 Thread ! :)

And no I don't think that the Jf-17 can be twin engined without reinventing the aircraft altogether ! :unsure:

I think JF-17 might not be luxurious enough for Saudi's taste.

The only weapons that we have chance to deal with KSA migh be J-31/Type 052D/Type 093G.

J-31: much cheaper than F-35 as a medium 5th gen fighter
Type 052D: much better than the Arleigh Burke Flight I, also not more expensive
Type 093G: only inferior to Seawolf/Virginia/Yasen, but it will not be expensive if China decides to export it

Its not the luxury... its the trust which KSA have in Pak army.

Back
Top Bottom