What's new

Saudi Arabia expresses interest in JF-17 co-production with Pakistan.

its a formal visit + a photoshoot = no sales. they dont need budget stuff from us, so relax guys, no sale is gonna happen. Kill your fantasies, jf-17 was specifically made for/ by PAF and export market who want the best bang for their hard earned bucks. It doesnt fit saudi criteria of buying a hightech weapon system.

I meant AK compared to amx-30 just comparison...300+ with Saudi Army.

AK is two generations ahead of AMX-30, but they are buying Leo-2s for replacement.

app60-22islsmabad.jpg

JF17 is a great addition as a secondary fighter or support option , Saudis already have F15 and Euro fighter

Does China/Pakistan need Russian approval for JF-17 exports to third country, since it uses the Russian RD-93 Turbofans??

Last edited:
WS-13 would be ready by then, or alternatively the RSAF can use EJ-200 it uses for the Typhoons.
WS-13 turbofans is still under development and it will take many years of testing and validation before it can be put in a aircraft for export. I suppose the PAF's JF-17's would be the first ones to get the WS-13 for engine validation and reliability assessment, before a buyer like KSA can accept it in its airforce.
EJ-200 Turbofans is from European consortium and I guess they will have doubts about using their cutting edge technology in a Chinese aircraft. Even if they agree to supply the EJ-200's for JF-17, the airframe will have to redesigned for the new engine and will take many years of testing. Even changing the engine from GE-F404 to GE-414 in Tejas-Mk2 requirs extensive redesigning and testing.

WS-13 turbofans is still under development and it will take many years of testing and validation before it can be put in a aircraft for export. I suppose the PAF's JF-17's would be the first ones to get the WS-13 for engine validation and reliability assessment, before a buyer like KSA can accept it in its airforce.
EJ-200 Turbofans is from European consortium and I guess they will have doubts about using their cutting edge technology in a Chinese aircraft. Even if they agree to supply the EJ-200's for JF-17, the airframe will have to redesigned for the new engine and will take many years of testing. Even changing the engine from GE-F404 to GE-414 in Tejas-Mk2 requirs extensive redesigning and testing.

It is under the flight test now.

I mean is it a secondary defence line to protect high value cities etc? While regular army take enemy at borders?
Babu when there is a lot of money people just do to lower their bank balance while sitting in a pool of Airbus 380 getting a massage from Blondie……:smokin:

Does China/Pakistan need Russian approval for JF-17 exports to third country, since it uses the Russian RD-93 Turbofans??
agreement is there and Russians can't risk to do something stupid so no approval needed…

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom