What's new

SAMI to Invest Up to $1.8 Billion in Partnerships, Acquisitions

The SC

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Saudi Arabian Military Industries (SAMI) is planning to invest up to $1.8 billion (SR7 billion) during the coming period, in strategic partnerships, projects, and certain acquisitions, CEO Walid Abukhaled (photo) told Asharq News in an interview on the sidelines of the Future Investment Initiative (FFI) Summit which took place on 27-28 January 2021 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

SAMI is also aiming at localizing over 50% of government military purchases by 2030, in line with the government’s goal for the Kingdom to be self-sufficient.

Achieving the 50% target by 2030 is challenging, especially as the company started with around 3% of government purchases when SAMI was set up in 2017, but the CEO is confident he can achieve it. “I’m shooting for a minimum of 60%, maybe more,” he told Arab News in an interview last month.

His ambitious goal received a significant boost recently when SAMI acquired the Advanced Electronics Co. (AEC), buying out the 50% stake held by British defense giant BAE Systems.

SAMI is aiming to be ranked among the top 25 defense companies in the world by 2030, and the acquisition of AEC has given it a big push in that direction, taking many years off the timescale toward that goal.

SAMI does not enter into partnerships and projects only for profit, and the main goal is to share knowledge and transfer technology, said Abukhaled, adding that the company has a budget for research and investment in Saudi Arabia.

Abukhaled told Asharq the company already has partnerships with many international companies around the world, including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, and French company Thales.

Saudi Arabia is the world’s third-biggest defense spender and until recently it imported virtually all of its military equipment from abroad.

https://www.defaiya.com/news/Region...p-to-1-8-billion-in-partnerships-acquisitions

SAMI is also aiming at localizing over 50% of government military purchases by 2030

no chance they will meet that target. people in the Middle East treat military jobs as easy life, easy wages and easy pension. they need discipline to reach such a goal, which they dont have.

no chance they will meet that target. people in the Middle East treat military jobs as easy life, easy wages and easy pension. they need discipline to reach such a goal, which they dont have.
You just decided that? HaHaHa!

You just decided that? HaHaHa!

huh? you think they will meet that target? Middle East countries make these outlandish claims and targets all the time. they never meet the targets, no one remembers the targets, and no one dares to remind the government of these set targets.

huh? you think they will meet that target? Middle East countries make these outlandish claims and targets all the time. they never meet the targets, no one remembers the targets, and no one dares to remind the government of these set targets.
ME countries are not the same today as they used to be a few decades ago.... they are really on target..

you live in the ME? nothing has changed. people are still the same. slogans and targets mean nothing.
I invite you for a tour on this section's sticky threads: Made In KSA and Made in the UAE..just take a tour there.. I can say that is about 15 percent of what is going on in real time.. go there and have some fun time..

I invite you for a tour on this section's sticky threads: Made In KSA and Made in the UAE..just take a tour there.. I can say that is about 15 percent of what is going on in real time.. go there and have some fun time..

lets see in 10 years. i am used to reading all these targets for this year and that year. its all just for public consumption.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom