What's new

Saudi Arabia, UAE seek $10.8 billion in U.S. weapons

Last edited by a moderator:
Crazy...

I wonder if all of this comes from transfer of technology and with the package where Saudi engineers get trained in certain technologies and the exporter helps the buyer to set up the advance industrial infrastructure ....

but then again, its Arabs not Japanese.
USA will never provide missiles with TOT to USA this can be only done by china or Pakistan and Pakistan is training their nuclear scientists for quite some time son,t know about missile technology

USA will never provide missiles with TOT to USA this can be only done by china or Pakistan and Pakistan is training their nuclear scientists for quite some time son,t know about missile technology

Actually, we already did. the Aram missiles, and the SS speak for themselves.

The Government of Saudi Arabia has requested a possible sale of 650 AGM-84H Standoff Land Attack Missiles-Expanded Response (SLAM-ER), 973 AGM-154C Joint Stand Off Weapons (JSOW), 400 AGM-84L Harpoon Block II missiles, 1000 GBU-39/B Small Diameter Bombs (SDB), 40 CATM-84H Captive Air Training Missiles (CATM), 20 ATM-84H SLAM-ER Telemetry Missiles, 4 Dummy Air Training Missiles, 60 AWW-13 Data Link pods, 10 JSOW CATMs, 40 Harpoon CATMs, 20 ATM-84L Harpoon Exercise Missiles, 36 SDB Captive Flight and Load Build trainers, containers, mission planning, integration support and testing, munitions storage security and training, weapon operational flight program software development, transportation, tools and test equipment, support equipment, spare and repair parts, publications and technical documentation, personnel training and training equipment, U.S. Government and contractor engineering and logistics support services, and other related elements of logistics support. The estimated total cost is $ 6.8 billion.

Nice. If you can't develop them on your own, USA weapons are the best source. Actually, If you use USA aircrafts, USA weapons are sole source. Turkey also ordered many of them with limited numbers, while encouraging domestic equivalents with serious costs. What I see in article is All of them are land attack air to ground bombs/missiles but be sure that USA would never share any serious technlogy transfer... They will maybe let you to screw some bolts under the name of offset deal but guidance, propulsion, seeker, motor and electronics/RF...etc will always be provided as close-boxes to costumers (with some exceptions).

5245861894_7694bb2e56_b.jpg

I guess the best choice we is @al-Hasani or @Arabian Legend :agree:

Al-Hasani why don't you open an Arab-mod poll thread my friend? ..

7abibi, I don't plan to marry this forum, man.:lol: That place will hopefully be taken by 1 beautiful woman or 4 (joking).:D

I believe that we should consult the moderators and webmaster for such a poll. We could really use an Arab moderator. I agree with that. I would nominate @BLACKEAGLE due to his seniority. We are both fairly new members. He has been here for 6 years (!) I believe. If not then @Arabian Legend - also due to seniority and the qualities a moderator should have which both fulfill IMO.

7abibi, I don't plan to marry this forum, man.:lol: That place will hopefully be taken by 1 beautiful woman or 4 (joking).:D

I believe that we should consult the moderators and webmaster for such a poll. We could really use an Arab moderator. I agree with that. I would nominate @BLACKEAGLE due to his seniority. We are both fairly new members. He has been here for 6 years (!) I believe. If not then @Arabian Legend - also due to seniority and the qualities a moderator should have which both fulfill IMO.

Hell no :lol: If I take that seat I will ban all Iranian members once and for good:rofl: except @Hussein and @Serpentine :smart: @Yzd Khalifa Should hold that title since he and his Ipad are camping here around the clock. :cuckoo::laughcry:

Hell no :lol: If I take that seat I will ban all Iranian members once and for good:rofl: except @Hussein and @Serpentine :smart: @Yzd Khalifa Should hold that title since he and his Ipad are camping here around the clock. :cuckoo::laughcry:

:lol:

That's what I would do as well if they would repeatedly troll in the Arab section which some of them do. Maybe even more severely.:D

Yeah, what about Khalifa? He would be a very good pick if seniority is not a demand.

That's what I would do as well if they would repeatedly troll in the Arab section which some of them do. Maybe even more severely.:D

Yeah, what about Khalifa? He would be a very good pick if seniority is not a demand.

Yes, Yzd has been around for quite enough so he would fit perfectly in that position.:tup:

Actually, we already did. the Aram missiles, and the SS speak for themselves.

What is SS?

What are Aram Missiles? Did you mean AMRAAM missiles? Does KSA produce its own AMRAAMs? I can't believe that.

Proof please.

What is SS?

What are Aram Missiles? Did you mean AMRAAM missiles? Does KSA produce its own AMRAAMs? I can't believe that.

Proof please.

I'm sorry but with all due respect my fellow, We don't expect people to believe us or disbelieve us.

You may referr to the second picture in which it says that Al-Salam signed an agreement with Raytheon earlier almost a year ago to build the AMRAAM missiles locally.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/arab-defence/231406-saudis-aec-develop-f-15sa-sub-systems-amraams.html

LoLz. Our economy won't fall, not until we take your Assad down to hell.

He was speaking about the troubled US economy and was referring to the consistent and constant Saudi funding of the US Military.

Back
Top Bottom