What's new

Saudi Arabia, UAE seek $10.8 billion in U.S. weapons

And I was talking about the US.

Strange, you appeared to speak of the Saudi Arabian financial situation. Perhaps you should read your ear

The hell are you talking about? .-.

You posted a list of certain military achievements of Saudi Arabia and I posted some questions, for knowledge and debate with you. Can you, now, post a reasonable answer to my earlier post?

I'm a citizen of both countries.
Strange, you appeared to speak of the Saudi Arabian financial situation. Perhaps you should read your ear

You posted a list of certain military achievements of Saudi Arabia and I posted some questions, for knowledge and debate with you. Can you, now, post a reasonable answer to my earlier post?

The questions you have raise were mere trolls. Therefore, they aren't worth responding to.

The questions you have raise were mere trolls. Therefore, they aren't worth responding to.

Or that the things you had posted were BS and that your achievements are BS and that you cannot, in the wildest dreams, ever imagine to go to war against Israel and win!

Sure! Since you happen to be mad at us, I'm expecting more than that.

Or that the things you had posted were BS and that your achievements are BS and that you cannot, in the wildest dreams, ever imagine to go to war against Israel and win!

Why on earth do we need to go to war with any country? I'm expecting no defeat or victory in this assumption, but a war-mongering Talibanistic freak like you will always drag his feet into the swarm of hate.

It's sad that the madness is not because I hate you but because of love of the place Saudi Arabia.

Why on earth do we need to go to war with any country? I'm expecting no defeat or victory in this assumption, but a war-mongering Talibanistic freak like you will always drag his feet into the swarm of hate.

Then why make any military purchase at all? Granted that Saudi Arabia may not have to go to war, atleast not in the near future. However, what will happen if Israel attacks Saudi Arabia for any reason? Can Saudi Arabia defend itself against Israel?

It's sad that the madness is not because I hate you but because of love of the place Saudi Arabia.

Then why make any military purchase at all? Granted that Saudi Arabia may not have to go to war, atleast not in the near future. However, what will happen if Israel attacks Saudi Arabia for any reason? Can Saudi Arabia defend itself against Israel?

Yes, all Muslims love Mecca and Madina. However, some of you might say that we own this and that - while in fact - the Saudis don't own any. It belongs to you and them.

Your assumption is as extreme as the latter. For once you harassed me over " the Saudi defense " industry and now you say why make any procurements.

All countries seek to enhance their defense capability, Saudia is no exception, even if there were no Israel, we still have the crazed Mullahs off our shores to the East, terror groups to the Northeastern boarders of ours, and another punch of terrorists to the South. Therefore we must enhance our defense capability to the level which matches our needs.

As for your question on Israel, Yes, we can, actually, The Israelis had a plan to strike some militray related facilities, but countermeasures were implemented, as they found out, dropped the stick.

Your assumption is as extreme as the latter. For once you harassed me over " the Saudi defense " industry and now you say why make any procurements.

Actually, it was more of a rhetorical question as you had suggested that Saudi Arabia did not face any threat, I challenged you with the 'why', as we both know that one has to be prepared for the worse. Saudi Arabia is investing tens of Billions into the US war industry whereas that money could bear so much more if instead SA was investing in R&D for the next gen wars and weaponry as Israel does.

All countries seek to enhance their defense capability, Saudia is no exception, even if there were no Israel, we still have the crazed Mullahs off our shores to the East, terror groups to the Northeastern boarders of ours, and another punch of terrorists to the South. Therefore we must enhance our defense capability to the level which matches our needs.

As for your question on Israel, Yes, we can, actually, The Israelis had a plan to strike some militray related facilities, but countermeasures were implemented, as they found out, dropped the stick.

I am not aware of any thwarted Israeli attack but I am afraid that, if for any reason, Israel does go to war against the Saudi Arabia then without external help, Saudi Arabia will fall.

What challenges? I showed you the records, later you twisted the argument.
Actually, it was more of a rhetorical question as you had suggested that Saudi Arabia did not face any threat, I challenged you with the 'why', as we both know that one has to be prepared for the worse. Saudi Arabia is investing tens of Billions into the US war industry whereas that money could bear so much more if instead SA was investing in R&D for the next gen wars and weaponry as Israel does.

I am not aware of any thwarted Israeli attack but I am afraid that, if for any reason, Israel does go to war against the Saudi Arabia then without external help, Saudi Arabia will fall.

Barring to the Palestian-Israeli confrontations over the last 7 decades, Israel needed external help :lol: Why not Saudi?

Dubai Air Show 2013: UAE yet to commit to additional F-16s
Gareth Jennings, Dubai
- IHS Jane's Defence Weekly-17 November 2013

Fighter_aircraft_-_main.jpg

Lockheed Martin has yet to receive any official word from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) with regard to the proposed sale of an additional 25 F-16E/F Block 60 Desert Falcon combat aircraft announced earlier in the year, a company official told IHS Jane's on 18 November.

Speaking at the Dubai Air Show, Bill McHenry, F-16 Business Development, said that Lockheed Martin is awaiting acknowledgment from the UAE following the announcement by US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel that the additional F-16 Block 60 aircraft would be provided as part of an arms package valued at approximately USD5 billion.

"Hagel announced the [additional] F-16s in April, but we're still waiting for confirmation from the customer," McHenry said.

The United Arab Emirates Air Force & Air Defence (UAE AF & AD) currently operates 55 single-seat F-16E and 24 twin-seat F-16F platforms, which it began receiving in 2004.

These Block 60 aircraft are the most advanced variant of the F-16, fitted with the Northrop Grumman AN/APG-80 active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar. Although it is no longer built, McHenry said a ready supply base to manufacture this radar still exists as it hasn't long been out of production, meaning the F-16 could still be built to Block 60 specifications if required. However, he noted: "[Lockheed Martin] doesn't comment on customer specifications or requirements."

The UAE is currently engaged in a fighter procurement competition to replace its 43 ageing Dassault Mirage 2000s, and the announcement that it was to receive the additional F-16s raised questions about the UAE's immediate requirement for an alternative fighter.

However, with no official contract to back-up Hagel's announcement, it would appear that the fighter replacement programme remains on track, with the UAE looking to field a new type in the 2017 time frame.

What had appeared to be a done deal for the Dassault Rafale was thrown open in late 2011 when a new request for proposals (RfP) was issued to Eurofighter for its Typhoon and to Boeing for its F-15 Eagle and F/A-18E/F Super Hornet.

An anticipated announcement pertaining to this competition, due to have coincided with the arrival at the show of UK Prime Minister David Cameron, had not materialised by the time of his departure on 16 November, and it does not appear likely that any such announcement will be made at this year's event.

Dubai Air Show 2013: UAE yet to commit to additional F-16s - IHS Jane's 360

Back
Top Bottom