What's new

Revival of ancestral links between Iranians and Kurds and Parsis picking up pace around the world

The Zoroastrian Amish Project.
you serious ?

Good luck and keep us posted, sounds like a great lifestyle. They much brush their teeth, keep good hygeine and not marry their cousins and use electricity and plumbing etc though.

Don't go full Amish !

you serious ?

Good luck and keep us posted, sounds like a great lifestyle. They much brush their teeth, keep good hygeine and not marry their cousins and use electricity and plumbing etc though.

Don't go full Amish !

I must admit I initially thought the young kids were smoking some real good produce.

From all over the world, just like them. Docs, so very bright. The cream. And very very eligible within the community as well.

I spent some time on the idea.

Had a word with my wife. Threw it around with my kids.

And slowly I realized that it was actually directly addressing the core problems of why Zoroastrians are not making as many babies anymore.

Like any other small super successful community.

We need to get back to basics.

Enough of the la di da do da.

Cheers, Doc

I must admit I initially thought the young kids were smoking some real good produce.

From all over the world, just like them. Docs, so very bright. The cream. And very very eligible within the community as well.

I spent some time on the idea.

Had a word with my wife. Threw it around with my kids.

And slowly I realized that it was actually directly addressing the core problems of why Zoroastrians are not making as many babies anymore.

Like any other small super successful community.

We need to get back to basics.

Enough of the la di da do da.

Cheers, Doc
just make sure it's a project in a heavily red state free from the lunacy of their liberals.

gun rights are a good thing, get good with your weapons, farming and growing your own organic produce is also a great skill.

overall this idea sounds more like a prepper community, which is good.. who knows, next pandemic mein ebola type airborne and fomite ho gaya toh gai dunia kaam se.

sars-cov2 is just a flu, not a lethal hemorrhagic fever.

just make sure it's a project in a heavily red state free from the lunacy of their liberals.

gun rights are a good thing, get good with your weapons, farming and growing your own organic produce is also a great skill.

overall this idea sounds more like a prepper community, which is good.. who knows, next pandemic mein ebola type airborne and fomite ho gaya toh gai dunia kaam se.

sars-cov2 is just a flu, not a lethal hemorrhagic fever.

Its going to be hardcore redneck.

No California free love electric Honda bs.

Cheers, Doc

Its going to be hardcore redneck.

No California free love electric Honda bs.

Cheers, Doc
coal rollers and gun nuts ftw

freedom !
rBVaEVmg40WAe0B7AABrpr2z9N8240.jpg

An interesting anecdote on how a forum like PDF, run largely by Sunni Muslims, is helping the Zoroastrian revival is a tangible measurable way around the world

@WebMaster @SQ8 @AgNoStiC MuSliM @waz @lastofthepatriots I thought maybe you guys would like to know. Because all said and done, I cannot be accused of being Muslim friendly. And your forum has hosted, unchallenged, undisturbed, probably the largest dedicated thread to contemporary Parsis that I have ever seen in my searches anywhere on the net (on non-Zoroastrian and Zoroastrian platforms combined). So if there is one thing I have never been accused of, its being dishonest and unfair. So just acknowledging the same.

Ok now that that is out of the way ....

Long story short, Zoroastrians read this forum. They follow me. My posts. My threads.

One of them reached out to me through another Indian member here, while I was on a ban. He (the Zoroastrian) met the Indian on the Indian's Discord which is like a small club of mixed nationality PDFers with entry by invitation only. I have no idea how the Zoroastrian got on to that platform nor did I follow up because I left that place soon after.

Anyways, these guys, many of them young doctors, reached out to me through this one guy, and wanted to sound me out about a radical new idea to tackle our biggest problem ... our numbers.

These boys will be essentialy buying a small town or village in the US (rural midwest, or deep south is the current plan). And settling Zoroastrians in there. As a closed community. Like the Amish model.

Cut off from the outside world. Completely self sufficient.

Think The Village ....

Their one job over the next 5-10 generations (100-200 years) will be to till the land, practice our ancient faith and tend to the Atash, and make babies.

We (the outside world) will provide them with whatever they need, in whatever quantities, whenever they need it.

Only they cannot leave the community and go outside.

No college. No careers, No glitzy corporate life.

The Zoroastrian Amish Project. Much like how we settled in India. Much as how the Jews settled and built Israel. With their Kibbutz based lifestyles.

In essence, if PDF has directly contributed to even 10 new Zoroastrian lives in the world, then my efforts here over the past 10 years have a bright fire to show for each one of the 10 years I have written here and pressed my point.

Ushta te!

@El Sidd @I.R.A @Naofumi @Cliftonite @Abii @Shahin Vatani @Tokhme khar @Shapur Zol Aktaf

Cheers, Doc

You already know this but I shall reiterate it again, I deeply respect Zarathustra and have respect for the faith. I thought this thread would be better served in the Asian section? It looks a tad strange with people taking about missiles etc.

You already know this but I shall reiterate it again, I deeply respect Zarathustra and have respect for the faith. I thought this thread would be better served in the Asian section? It looks a tad strange with people taking about missiles etc.

The thread actually started off (and continues to be the central theme minus the few diversions because of questions etc) to showcase how a near dead religion has survived almost hidden for a thousand years and suddenly with the advent of the last century, travel, nation states, democracy, revolutions, media, internet, there has been a coming together like never before of Indian Parsis and Iranian Zoroastrians and now increasingly the Kurds (who I must admit till 10 years ago, till the troubles started, none of us even knew about). Ditto the Yazidis.

So I personally think given the birthplace of Zoroastrianism, and the origins of all the followers, it belongs in the Iranian section, even though Iran majority today and for the past thousand years has been Muslim.

But you decide.

I can only tell you this as the forum's only practising Zoroastrian.

We do not see our religion as a world faith.

We see our faith inseparable from our ancestral bloodlines.

It is not something that is for all of humanity. And it never was meant to be.

Cheers, Doc

The thread actually started off (and continues to be the central theme minus the few diversions because of questions etc) to showcase how a near dead religion has survived almost hidden for a thousand years and suddenly with the advent of the last century, travel, nation states, democracy, revolutions, media, internet, there has been a coming together like never before of Indian Parsis and Iranian Zoroastrians and now increasingly the Kurds (who I must admit till 10 years ago, till the troubles started, none of us even knew about). Ditto the Yazidis.

So I personally think given the birthplace of Zoroastrianism, and the origins of all the followers, it belongs in the Iranian section, even though Iran majority today and for the past thousand years has been Muslim.

But you decide.

Cheers, Doc
Ban se wapas???!!!!! Itney jaldi????!!!!!

- PRTP GWD

But you decide.

Cheers, Doc

That's fine you can keep it here my friend.
I don't think the Iranian posters have an issue with it either.
Post away.
By the way, can you also put up Pakistani Parsis being involved?

Why US?

- PRTP GWD

India is too crowded.

We are not sure where we stand with the Hindutva crowd and which way India will go in the next few decades.

As of 2020, there are already more Zoroastrians in the US (not counting Canada) than there are remaining in India.

Cheers, Doc

India is too crowded.

We are not sure where we stand with the Hindutva crowd and which way India will go in the next few decades.

Cheers, Doc
Some layman queries:

1. How did the contact between modern (20th century) Indian Parsis and modern (20th century) Iranian Parsis happen? I mean when the two separated Parsi communities came to know through media that Parsis existed in other countries, exactly who took the initiative to organize a meeting between the two groups? Exactly how, where and when in 20th century did it happen?

2. Do Iranian Parsis believe in the Persian roots of Indian Parsis or are they skeptical like PAKISTANFOREVER?

3. You said that Iranian Parsis are underprivileged but the ones in your photos look just fine. What's the reality?

- PRTP GWD

Some layman queries:

1. How did the contact between modern (20th century) Indian Parsis and modern (20th century) Iranian Parsis happen? I mean when the two separated Parsi communities came to know through media that Parsis existed in other countries, exactly who took the initiative to organize a meeting between the two groups? Exactly how, where and when in 20th century did it happen?

2. Do Iranian Parsis believe in the Persian roots of Indian Parsis or are they skeptical like PAKISTANFOREVER?

3. You said that Iranian Parsis are underprivileged but the ones in your photos look just fine. What's the reality?

- PRTP GWD

1. There has always been contact between the Parsis and Iran. Unbroken for over a thousand years. People to people by means of travel. As well as transfer of material and religious texts and treatises (on doubts and clarifications and deeper more detailed questions) called Riyavats over the centuries. All i Persian. Somewhere around the 1500s to 1600s, when Iran became Shia, the India side became the senior brother and the Iran side the follower, junior brother. Since the 1700s and 1800s, most of the major fires came home to stay in India. Iran was left with just one (to protect the people and the homeland). Chak Chak is a universal Iranian fire. Not a Zoroastrian one in terms of purity. All Iranians (including the Ayatollas) go there to worship. We do not allow any non Zoroastrian to look at our fire. Much less be in His presence. The Hindus allowed us to clear entire villages on the Juddin (non Zoroastrians) when we consecrated every fire. The most recent being the famous one rescused by air from Aden.

2. Parsis are the Zoroastrian Persians who fled to India. Zoroastrian Iranians are called Iranian Zoroastrians (or Iroons in short by us) and not Parsis. We have both communities thriving in India. The Iroons came during the Qajjar persecution in the last 200-300 years. They are the ones who run our bakeries and cafes, famously. Kayani, Royal, etc. They speak Dari. Not Gujarati. Though they pick up Gujarati so that we can speak to each other. Especially when we marry each other.

3. I was talking about Zoroastrians left in Iran. Most of these in the photos are ones whose parents fled when the Mullas took over.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Doc

Back
Top Bottom