What's new

Qaher F313 l News & Discussion

For a traditional fighter-bomber the Qaher looks indeed to strange to be a real prototype.

For a innovative new kind of aircraft built to be rather stealthy, have a role of bomber/missile carrier only, operate at sub sonic speeds only and make novel use of composite body to push down the price... yes in such a unusual case it could be a real prototype for a real bomber, just like a low cost F-117.

919454_121.jpg

Ok we all can agree that this is just an early first generation prototype right? Because if not then we have a big problem.

I know you guys hate each other but 500 does bring up some valid points that can be debated on in a civilized way. I for one would like to hear both sides of the argument regarding the design philosophy of the Q-313.

It comes off as an ground effect jet thate meant for close in operations if I'm correct, so it will fly low and the shape of the body will absorb and bounce off radar signals, ok that sounds good. It has a small profile ok yet again I'm assuming this is due to the body of the air craft being designed around the smaller jet engine that Iran produces. But when we take a closer look the back 2 wings are in fact very thick, I don't see the tactical or even aerodynamic aspect of these two thick wings. But moving on.

The body of the aircraft itself is quite wide which yet again I'm assuming for some sort of internal bay? Or to house electronics and other onboard systems that sounds cool.

But when one does a close up of q-313 at least the one that is being shown we see seems and lines under the paint and quite frankly shoddy work that doesn't indicate that this is a modern or flight worthy jet that can withstand high g's let alone turbulence (but who knows, my knowledge on jets isn't that good).

Overall if this jet was bigger I can see how the design choices would fit more but as it stands it is small and weirdly shaped but hey we just dont know yet.

If refined more and more and mean much more money is poured into it we can see a jet that truly shines with Iranian in house tech.

go and make better fighter for your country .... at least we didn't moke your J-17 with Russian engine , Italian Radar , Chinese subsystems and Chinese design ....

everyone are copying USA and its F22 and F35 but we come up with unique design and we will make it ...

Dear look at the fighter, the cockpit is looking so big because its accomodating a human but the other systems like Nose and radar and the wingspan and engine exhaust is looking so small and the design itself is impractical. once its displayed to world with full operational capabilities then we will discuss any thing else. regarding the JF17, it an operational aircraft with ~100 in services and much advanced block 3 about to come so there is no comparison.

Documentary of Qaher 313 along with taxi test video .
@SOHEIL @Oscar @Horus @arashkamangir @yavar @mohsen @raptor22 @AmirPatriot

17974527_1490370477669229_1319142941_n.jpg

A new prototype of the weird Qaher 313 stealth jet has conducted taxi tests.
Footage and photographs showing a new prototype (marked “08”) of the famous Qaher F-313 stealth fighter jet have just emerged as Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani participated Saturday in an exhibition displaying the achievements of the Defense Ministry Brigadier General Hossein Dehqan gained during the past two years.

Indeed, an “upgraded version” of the “faux stealth fighter” can be observed performing taxi tests. The aircraft appears to be slightly different from the one unveiled on Feb. 2, 2013, that was nothing more than a poorly designed mock-up that would never fly unless it was extensively modified and heavily improved.

Four years ago, the cockpit was basic for any modern plane, the air intakes appeared to be too small, the engine section lacked any kind of nozzle meaning that the engine would probably melt the aircraft’s back-end. Above all, the aircraft was way too small to such its cockpit could not fit a normal-sized human being.

The new prototype retains the original weird shape but has a more realistic cockpit, large enough to accommodate an Iranian test pilot on an ejection seat, with a “normal” canopy (the previous one was clearly made of plexiglass), and a dorsal antenna. It is equipped with dual exhaust nozzles: according to some sources these could be new turbofan engines or modified Iranian J-85s. And, interestingly, a sort of FLIR (Forward Looking Infra-Red) turret was attached to the nose of the aircraft, that also features a white radome.

Although the new prototype is not a complete joke as its predecessor, it is still pretty hard to say whether it will be able to take to the air and land safely without further modifications: the intakes continue to appear smaller than normal (as commented back in 2013, they remind those of current drones/unmanned combat aerial vehicles); the wing are small as well and feature the peculiar design with the external section canted downward whose efficiency is not clear.

As already explained here in the past, Iranian engineers have been able of some impressive achievements in spite of the embargo imposed after the 1979 Revolution: for instance, the Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force (IRIAF) remains the world’s only operator of the F-14 Tomcat, that Tehran continues to maintain airworthy and enhance with some domestic avionics upgrades and weapons.

So, let’s be prudent and wait once again for more footage about the F-313 to see if it will eventually be modified to become something real, with a real capability or just a concept or a funny DIY jet.

By the way, according to the latest statements, the Qaher F-313 will be a light close air support aircraft.

F-313-new-tests-2-706x470.jpg

17861882_618327648337733_7454381180020723291_n.jpg

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Umm is it just me or this Plane is really small??? Don't wanna Troll but still looks small

Where are the Internal Weapons Bay?? How much Weapons load it can carry?? Is it a 3rd Generation Plane??

IMHO they should aim to make an unmanned variant of this plane.
Either this project is tech demo or maybe this project is supposed to have many variants.
The variants i think which can come are :
-This one with 2 turbo jets for CAS and interceptor (looks too small tho for this role)
-Single engine turbofan variant as main fighter (with enlarged airframe)
-little specualtion of an unmanned downsized 1 turbojet version for A2G missions

Qaher 313 development is divided into several phases, in this phase it will have the role of air patrol and close air support, in the final phase it will turn into an interceptor.
as it always has been mentioned, this fighter is designed to fly with high speed, in very low altitude; thus this unique design.

defense minister mentioned the estimated 3 years for completing the first Iranian domestic heavy turbofan engine.

Thanks for that enlightenment. :lol: you literally know nothing about anything esspecially aviation. Go make some paper airplanes and play in your sandbox.

How do you know how the inside of the intake looks like? How in gods name can you see if it has an intake ramp?
DSI ramp should be at entrance of intake not somewhere deep inside. Otherwise it wont divert anything.

j-20-dsi-1.jpg

pyK26Pv.jpg

Anyway I am not going to argue with stubborn kid anymore. If u want to think that this fat wing and canard thingy is supersonic - u are welcome.

Qaher 313 development is divided into several phases, in this phase it will have the role of air patrol and close air support, in the final phase it will turn into an interceptor.
as it always has been mentioned, this fighter is designed to fly with high speed, in very low altitude; thus this unique design.

defense minister mentioned the estimated 3 years for completing the first Iranian domestic heavy turbofan engine.
Isnt Fakour BVR a rip off of AIM-54 Phoenix ?

When is the first test flight ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom