What's new

Qaher F313 l News & Discussion

Blame Incomptence for current state of Iranian military affairs.

When Soviet Union collapsed there was a fire sale of military hardware. The countries that were smart scooped up valuable tech.

Iran on the other hand settled for stupid things like tanks (which become obsolete pretty quickly) among other things. Luckily they managed to procure 3 Kilo subs which are still operating today and some things through Belarus.

Iran then realized it could have bought warships and even long range bomber aircraft and other more valuable tech. By the time Iran realized its mistake, Russia was no longer desperate and trying to nudge closer to the west. Arms deals started falling apart and so began the current state of affairs.

Blame Incomptence for current state of Iranian military affairs.

When Soviet Union collapsed there was a fire sale of military hardware. The countries that were smart scooped up valuable tech.

Iran on the other hand settled for stupid things like tanks (which become obsolete pretty quickly) among other things. Luckily they managed to procure 3 Kilo subs which are still operating today and some things through Belarus.

Iran then realized it could have bought warships and even long range bomber aircraft and other more valuable tech. By the time Iran realized its mistake, Russia was no longer desperate and trying to nudge closer to the west. Arms deals started falling apart and so began the current state of affairs.
Its not all irans fault,the russians were infamous for their unreliability and failure to either fully fulfill or only partially honor contracts and often used iran and the contracts it had signed with iran as bargaining chips for western political concessions,one of the best[worst] examples of this sort of sh1t was the bushehr reactor that according to the contract would be completed in around 4.5 years,instead it took three times as long with the russians continually demanding more money from iran while going slow to get concessions from the us.The russians at one point were so paranoid and stupid that they seriously thought irans missiles could be a threat to them or that it was quite likely that iran would eventually wind up reconciling with the west/us at russias expense.Russia is no friend or ally of iran.
Check out the book Persian Dreams by John Parker it goes into a lot of detail.

Did the Bird take of at fast taxis?

Ich!

Long time no see. Where have you been?

@Ich is the only one to have made his way to PDF, amongst all the members of the now defunct Iranmilitaryforum.net.
What happened to contributors like AK, aryana, Aspahbod, Catsoo, Immortal , M-ATF, Pasdar, the8march, YMJ? Seems that they only post in military.ir since, if at all.
All this wisdom that allowed IMF to be THE leading reference forum in English language now wasted. As PDF lacks so much such talented contributors, and being plagued by mostly paid posters with unhidden ulterior motives, how could we make them join PDF?

:big_boss:

Last edited:
@Ich is the only one to have made his way to PDF, amongst all the members of the now defunct Iranmilitaryforum.net.
What happened to contributors like AK, aryana, Aspahbod, Catsoo, Immortal , M-ATF, Pasdar, the8march, YMJ? Seems that they only post in military.ir since, if at all.
All this wisdom that allowed IMF to be THE leading reference forum in English language now wasted. As PDF lacks so much such talented contributors, and being plagued by mostly paid posters with unhidden ulterior motives, how could we make them join PDF?

what happened to Iranmilitaryforum.net?

what happened to Iranmilitaryforum.net?
I wish I knew,its loss was a real tragedy especially since there was no direct replacement,I mean apart from this forum that is.

@AmirPatriot :-) After IMF i searched a long time at google if IMF is reopend under another name ect. This way me found this PDF and read here since a year ago.
Good to see you again.:p::cheers:

I wish I knew,its loss was a real tragedy especially since there was no direct replacement,I mean apart from this forum that is.

Good to see you again.:p::cheers:

Well, there are also some good russian forums out there too, but me decided for this forum cause me is interested in Iran and the region around Iran for more than a decade. So here it is all at one place :-)

Loss of IMF was heart breaking because we had gathered so much info on stuff there and all is gone now.

On topic, Qaher is fake and IRIAF is becoming a regional joke like many predicted back in late 2000s.

Loss of IMF was heart breaking because we had gathered so much info on stuff there and all is gone now.

On topic, Qaher is fake and IRIAF is becoming a regional joke like many predicted back in late 2000s.

Well, me remember the comments when Bavar 373 was anounced. Till the vid where Bavar 373 was displayed and do firetests, a lot of people saw Bavar 373 as a fake. So me wait for the take off vid of Qaher 313.

I’m right here

Me too, as well as haman10, soheil and a few others.

@AmirPatriot :-) After IMF i searched a long time at google if IMF is reopend under another name ect. This way me found this PDF and read here since a year ago.

Great to see you back mate. Do stay active, but I'd advise you to stay in the Iranian subforum, most of the rest of the forum is a trollfest.

how could we make them join PDF?
I don't think they'd want to, this forum has way too many trolls.

Back
Top Bottom