What's new

Qaher F313 l News & Discussion

Reading about this important case of how important airpower is and how stupid the Iranian military and government is by ignoring it. Time and Time again in many theaters of war, this has been demonstrated. In Syria for example. Russian airpower changed the tide of the war. IRGC was not effective enough to hold alone. Makes me seriously concerned about the level of training & equipment from Iranian ground units.

A veteran of the Iran-Iraq War later mentioned that Coalition airpower "imposed more damage on his brigade in half an hour than it had sustained in eight years of fighting against the Iranians."[92] During the battle, an Iraqi amphibious force was sent to land on the coast and moved into Khafji. As the boats made their way through the Persian Gulf towards Khafji, American and British aircraft caught the Iraqi boats in the open and destroyed over 90% of the Iraqi amphibious force.

This thing makes no sense at all in its current form. Who the hell makes a stealth CAS aircraft? Who the hell makes a stealth trainer? Who the hell makes a subsonic fighter plane? It makes no logical sense.
CAS aircrafts are SUBSONIC with very low minimal speed.....SU-25 is subsonic ,A-10 is subsonic ,trainig aircrafts are also SUBSONIC..actually it makes sense ,low RCS and design for low atlitude is excellent for snti ship role which is what they probably have in mind.
And all about this aircraft is actually very logic... Iran does have engine to build this aircraft,it can fully arm this aircraft with precise Air to ground and Anti ship missiles.... this aircraft like any CAS/frontline bomber(SU-25 or A-10) doesn't have radar(that is why it doesn't need big nose).... and air ti air role is actually IR missiles(that is why they say limited A-A role),it is relative cheap .....in short they actually have everything to build this aircraft.
They probably work on other types of aircrafts but industry has to develop itself and they must give it some projects to work....no one is starting 5th generation aircraft on this technology level ,even China can't build 5th generation aircraft on it own....they still depend on Russians for engines .....even most of their 4 gen aircrafts are flying on Russian engines

Last edited:
CAS aircrafts are SUBSONIC with very low minimal speed.....SU-25 is subsonic A-10 is subsonic ..actallyit it makes sense ,low RCS and design for low atlitude is excellent for snti ship role which is what they probably have in mind.
And all about this aircraft is actually very logic... Iran does have engine to build this aircraft,it can fully arm this aircraft with precise Air to ground and Anti ship missiles.....

This was actually what I was thinking too, but I wonder the payload capacity this jet would be able to bring. It must be capable of delivering large anti-shipping missiles from long ranges. For example, can it fire a Qader? or Noor? and how many of them can modified j-85's carry. This is what makes me doubt this jet.

This was actually what I was thinking too, but I wonder the payload capacity this jet would be able to bring. It must be capable of delivering large anti-shipping missiles from long ranges. For example, can it fire a Qader? or Noor? and how many of them can modified j-85's carry. This is what makes me doubt this jet.
Well it is probably much lighter than F-5 so I don't think 4 small TV guided or 2 biger ASM would be a issue and also production aircrafts may have different engines but my point is not for this particular aircraft.I'm looking(like they did probably)whole industry...they must develop it and give them some projects they can actually produce.
As I see Iran is serious that one day they produce own aircraft and they follow same path China did just at much smaller scale...they started from what they are capable to do ,you have to start somewhere and it is not 5th generation.

This thing makes no sense at all in its current form. Who the hell makes a stealth CAS aircraft? Who the hell makes a stealth trainer? Who the hell makes a subsonic fighter plane? It makes no logical sense.

Disagrees? What the hell are you doing talking about earthquakes in a thread about a combat aircraft program? That isn't "disagreeing", that's derailing and trolling.
No it isn't. A complex project such as this requires managerial expertise, engineering experience, design and manufacturing capabilities. I used the response to a crisis as an example of lack of such expertise. As a software engineer I should know; I deal with "expertise" or lack there of on a daily basis.

Some times I wonder how many years of gap exist between Iran and US.

US was able to make F-14 type fighter jets and Engines in the 1960s, but Iran is still unable to do it in 2018. It is a gap of 50-60 years.

Disagrees? What the hell are you doing talking about earthquakes in a thread about a combat aircraft program? That isn't "disagreeing", that's derailing and trolling.
Stealth cas make sense in increasing survivability in case of presence of enemy fighter or radar controlled air defense in the area. But how ever I look at qaher it may be survive against manpad or radar controlled difference but what about optically controlled airdefence.
The engines are adjacent to each other so it's highly probable to chance damage to any of them also means damage to the other one and so nullified the benefit of two engine configuration for such airplanes.
Also what also make me wonder if it's a suitable design for the purpose at least by what we knew at this stage is the lack of presence of any meaningful armor on the airplane.

No it isn't. A complex project such as this requires managerial expertise, engineering experience, design and manufacturing capabilities. I used the response to a crisis as an example of lack of such expertise. As a software engineer I should know; I deal with "expertise" or lack there of on a daily basis.
A question since when USA produce airplane and what number from 1-10 gave your government on how they managed Katrina hurricane crisis?

Well it is probably much lighter than F-5 so I don't think 4 small TV guided or 2 biger ASM would be a issue and also production aircrafts may have different engines but my point is not for this particular aircraft.I'm looking(like they did probably)whole industry...they must develop it and give them some projects they can actually produce.
As I see Iran is serious that one day they produce own aircraft and they follow same path China did just at much smaller scale...they started from what they are capable to do ,you have to start somewhere and it is not 5th generation.
Antiship missile on external hordpoint will destroy all stealth feature ,well maybe they won't affect heat seeking missile but they certainly increase RCS.

US was able to make F-14 type fighter jets and Engines in the 1960s, but Iran is still unable to do it in 2018. It is a gap of 50-60 years.
How many other countries can produce engine suitable for such airplane ?

Iran NEVER tried to make something like F-14, or reverse engineer it.
Besides that, it's a very shallow analogy, more than 180 countries can't make an F-14 today, doesn't mean they are 50 years behind or they can't if they invest enough money in it.

Stealth cas make sense in increasing survivability in case of presence of enemy fighter or radar controlled air defense in the area. But how ever I look at qaher it may be survive against manpad or radar controlled difference but what about optically controlled airdefence.
The engines are adjacent to each other so it's highly probable to chance damage to any of them also means damage to the other one and so nullified the benefit of two engine configuration for such airplanes.
Also what also make me wonder if it's a suitable design for the purpose at least by what we knew at this stage is the lack of presence of any meaningful armor on the airplane.

A question since when USA produce airplane and what number from 1-10 gave your government on how they managed Katrina hurricane crisis?

Antiship missile on external hordpoint will destroy all stealth feature ,well maybe they won't affect heat seeking missile but they certainly increase RCS.

How many other countries can produce engine suitable for such airplane ?
It was a disgrace which eventually lead to Michael Brown, head of FEMA, being forced out of his job, president Bush's reputation in tatters, and many local and state officials getting fired by the PEOPLE. Now you tell me how many of the local, or national, officials have lost their jobs due to the crisis in Kermanshah?

It was a disgrace which eventually lead to Michael Brown, head of FEMA, being forced out of his job, president Bush's reputation in tatters, and many local and state officials getting fired by the PEOPLE. Now you tell me how many of the local, or national, officials have lost their jobs due to the crisis in Kermanshah?
well the question is not the job of those guys , the question is the relation between the incident and usa capabilities to build weapons and relation between kermanshah incident and Iran capabilities of building weapons or Chernobyl incident and USSR capabilities in building weapons.

Iran NEVER tried to make something like F-14, or reverse engineer it.
Besides that, it's a very shallow analogy, more than 180 countries can't make an F-14 today, doesn't mean they are 50 years behind or they can't if they invest enough money in it.

Why Iran never tried to make something like F-14?
I believe it was solely due to the reason that Iran was not sound enough in technology to even consider starting such project. US made engines of F-14 in 1960s, and sent human being to the space in 1950s, but Iran is unable to produce engines of fighter jets even in 1918.
This is simply the technology gap, and nothing else.

And brining the excuse of 180 other countries is also not going to change this fact, while those 180 countries are perhaps 100 years behind than US in the technology.

I believe it was solely due to the reason that Iran was not sound enough in technology to even consider starting such project. US made engines of F-14 in 1960s, and sent human being to the space in 1950s, but Iran is unable to produce engines of fighter jets even in 1918.

And brining the excuse of 180 other countries is also not going to change this fact, while those 180 countries are perhaps 100 years behind than US in the technology.
Why do u think Iran should try to make F14? What would Iran gain from doing all that work to build a legacy fighter jet? R u saying that just bcuz Iran operates F14s? By that reasoning u must be expecting a whole lot of countries(including Pakistan) to build F16s just bcuz these countries operate them.

Also what's ur point here highlighting that Iran is way behind US technologically...so are almost all other countries. US has the biggest economy, one of the highest literacy rates, massive amounts of money dedicated to R&D in various fields, not to mention that many smart ppl from all over the world go to US and contribute to this progress. So why is it a surprise that US is far ahead technologically while others are not? It's hard for other countries to compete without having massive economies.

well I assure you non of 1918 fighter jets dreamed of having OWJ Engine powering them
Meet-Owj-Irans-First-Indigenous-Fighter-Jet-Engine-.jpg

Why do u think Iran should try to make F14? What would Iran gain from doing all that work to build a legacy fighter jet? R u saying that just bcuz Iran operates F14s? By that reasoning u must be expecting a whole lot of countries(including Pakistan) to build F16s just bcuz these countries operate them.

Also what's ur point here highlighting that Iran is way behind US technologically...so are almost all other countries. US has the biggest economy, one of the highest literacy rates, massive amounts of money dedicated to R&D in various fields, not to mention that many smart ppl from all over the world go to US and contribute to this progress. So why is it a surprise that US is far ahead technologically while others are not? It's hard for other countries to compete without having massive economies.

I didn't said that Iran has to try to make F-14
My simple argument is that Iran is unable to make fighter jet engines and fighter jets like F-14 which US was able to make in 1960s. This make the technological gap of 50 years.

And I do agree that it could be due to the bigger economy or other factors, but it is not the debate for me.

well I assure you non of 1918 fighter jets dreamed of having OWJ Engine powering them
Meet-Owj-Irans-First-Indigenous-Fighter-Jet-Engine-.jpg

I said 50 years, i.e. engine of F-14 was made in 1960s and indeed it is on par or better than OWJ which is still in development phases.

What about your own country of pakestan? can you make high performance turbofan of any kind?

Can China make anything without photoshopping Russian technology?

Iran is far ahead of you boys when it comes to jet engines manufacturing........any day!

I didn't said that Iran has to try to make F-14
My simple argument is that Iran is unable to make fighter jet engines and fighter jets like F-14 which US was able to make in 1960s. This make the technological gap of 50 years.

And I do agree that it could be due to the bigger economy or other factors, but it is not the debate for me.

I said 50 years, i.e. engine of F-14 was made in 1960s and indeed it is on par or better than OWJ which is still in development phases.

Back
Top Bottom