What's new

Qaher F313 l News & Discussion

i really wish iran would just kill this project quietly.. I really REALLY hate this Qaher project. its an embarrassing piece of crap that they are going to waste a decade and god knows how much money on. just because it looks aesthetically pleasing.

and it gives them an excuse not to pursue a proper airforce for another decade. I don't see how anyone who has followed Iranian domestic military projects can think this is a viable project worth producing.

When Ahmadinejad revealed this. I seriously thought at the time someone was trolling him. In iran, top politicians from the monarchy era up to now LOVE unveiling projects infront of cameras. it doesn't matter who funded it, who envisioned it or whatever. as long as its you cutting the tape on camera, its you who will get the political credit for it .

I always suspected there was some sort of pressure from the ahmadi administration on iranian military industry to give him his PR photo with a fighter project. And this was their joke.

But it seems they are throwing more money and time at this piece of crap. just please kill it already and pursue either a serious air force program. or put the time and money into a viable system. Don't insult our intelligence with this piece of shit.

we shall now patiently wait another decade (and possibly hundreds of millions -billions of wasted dollars) before the qaher maybe gets to taxi a little faster.... and a decade after that it may quietly go the way of the zolfighar. with them admitting defeat, and going back to the drawing board.

Jesus talk about pessimism.

Had you read the recent post, you would know that Qaher is currently undergoing (and reportedly close to finishing) high-speed taxi trials, and that before long (either this year or next) it will begin flight trials.

Jesus talk about pessimism.

Had you read the recent post, you would know that Qaher is currently undergoing (and reportedly close to finishing) high-speed taxi trials, and that before long (either this year or next) it will begin flight trials.

they say a pessimist is an optimist with experience.

something has been off and really fishy about this program since the embarrassing day that Ahmadinejad revealed it.

The merits and viability of this qaher project have already been well debated here and elsewhere.
i don't think anybody is going to change their minds today. but there is no question in my mind that this project is not viable. As someone who strongly wants to see iran advance, and have a lot of knowledge of domestic iranian politics. I think its in my countrys best interest to see this project killed immidiatly, and a realistic plan put into motion of building a serious air force.

i am almost certain of the end path of this qaher project. and would rather not see time and resources wasted on it.

they say a pessimist is an optimist with experience.

something has been off and really fishy about this program since the embarrassing day that Ahmadinejad revealed it.

The merits and viability of this qaher project have already been well debated here and elsewhere.
i don't think anybody is going to change their minds today. but there is no question in my mind that this project is not viable. As someone who strongly wants to see iran advance, and have a lot of knowledge of domestic iranian politics. I think its in my countrys best interest to see this project killed immidiatly, and a realistic plan put into motion of building a serious air force.

i am almost certain of the end path of this qaher project. and would rather not see time and resources wasted on it.

Give it time, it will bear fruit.

I want to see Iran advance too, and I also have a strong knowledge on Iran's internal politics; I am half-Iranian after all!

Most experts say that looking at the aerodynamic design, the plane may not be capable of even flying.
that design have already managed flying in several other experimental and test aircraft around the world

that design have already managed flying in several other experimental and test aircraft around the world
But can it fly *well* is the issue... can that airframe handle well at transonic and supersonic speeds? Can it even reach supersonic speeds? Is it capable of supercruise with current engine technology? Does it have enough inherent instability to do high AOA manoeuvres at low speed? Does low or high altitude flight have significant negative effects on flight? Does it have a safe landing speed?

etc...

I told you it's coming ...

Congratulations guys !!!

This is prototype 08 demonstrator ... It's mass production depends on IRGC order ...

There is another aircraft under development which is much bigger ...

For comparison take a look at Japanese ATD-X demonstrator :

aj201408210049-1.jpg

ATD-X-first-prototype.jpg

And my advice to haters and trolls ...

It's gonna fly ... Lower your stupidity flags !

But stupid people are always here to prove ...

He is talking about the big one which is probably bigger than F-35 !

This is just a demonstrator

Soheil, aziza jahn, which other aircraft is under development that is much bigger? Is it Shafaq? or Saeqeh 90? Will you give us any hints or clues?

But can it fly *well* is the issue... can that airframe handle well at transonic and supersonic speeds? Can it even reach supersonic speeds? Is it capable of supercruise with current engine technology? Does it have enough inherent instability to do high AOA manoeuvres at low speed? Does low or high altitude flight have significant negative effects on flight? Does it have a safe landing speed?

etc...
Is it advertised as a supersonic fighter jet or advanced trainer and CAS ?and that design is maneuverable but not fast so don't ever think about super-cruising and why it need it does A-10 or SU-25 have supersonic capabilities ?
if you want complain about the airplane at least make some complain that matter for its intended role for example why its engine are so near each other or why its armor is so weak ?

i really wish iran would just kill this project quietly.. I really REALLY hate this Qaher project. its an embarrassing piece of crap that they are going to waste a decade and god knows how much money on. just because it looks aesthetically pleasing.

and it gives them an excuse not to pursue a proper airforce for another decade. I don't see how anyone who has followed Iranian domestic military projects can think this is a viable project worth producing.

When Ahmadinejad revealed this. I seriously thought at the time someone was trolling him. In iran, top politicians from the monarchy era up to now LOVE unveiling projects infront of cameras. it doesn't matter who funded it, who envisioned it or whatever. as long as its you cutting the tape on camera, its you who will get the political credit for it .

I always suspected there was some sort of pressure from the ahmadi administration on iranian military industry to give him his PR photo with a fighter project. And this was their joke.

But it seems they are throwing more money and time at this piece of crap. just please kill it already and pursue either a serious air force program. or put the time and money into a viable system. Don't insult our intelligence with this piece of shit.

we shall now patiently wait another decade (and possibly hundreds of millions -billions of wasted dollars) before the qaher maybe gets to taxi a little faster.... and a decade after that it may quietly go the way of the zolfighar. with them admitting defeat, and going back to the drawing board.
I agree. Iran is making a big mistake if they're actually pouring money into this instead of reversing and perfecting western designs.

But I still wanna see it fly, because it'll be an interesting event.

IRI can't even manage post natural disaster crisis, as evident after the recent earthquake in Kermanshah. I hardly believe it can manage to produce a trainer/fighter (whatever) with order of magnitude more complex and challenging. When was the last time the aghazadehs managed anything but rub the country dry?! Seriously if anyone believes this thing will ever fly they are living in a fantasy land. In IRI you are promoted not based on merit but nepotism, and we all know how that ends.

ghaher.jpg

Appears to be a platform that can knock out Israel's teeth
Progress has been slow on this machine should hade made 20-25 plane

Complete Plane design , even if it can carry 4 missiles would be great addition for Iranian Airforce

ghaher1_0.jpg

Last edited:
IRI can't even manage post natural disaster crisis, as evident after the recent earthquake in Kermanshah. I hardly believe it can manage to produce a trainer/fighter (whatever) with order of magnitude more complex and challenging. When was the last time the aghazadehs managed anything but rub the country dry?! Seriously if anyone believes this thing will ever fly they are living in a fantasy land. In IRI you are promoted not based on merit but nepotism, and we all know how that ends.

Thanks for the expert analysis, I look forward to reading more of your bullshit.

Back
Top Bottom