What's new

Poll: Turkey's possible future union

In which union do you want Turkey in ?

• Total voters
Sco 0 ? I thought at least some of akboys would vote for it.

If we could enter SCO with condition that china gets kicked out, I would vote for it, but since that won't be happening, I prefer a no union for the time and just annex the hell out of everything with acceptable steps :devil:.

If we could enter SCO with condition that china gets kicked out, I would vote for it, but since that won't be happening, I prefer a no union for the time and just annex the hell out of everything with acceptable steps :devil:.

Oh I thought you voted Ummah, just saw in the no union part now, you are the only exception looks like :D

My choice is obvious as most of you know but to say the truth. I don't think Turkey will choose one and dedicate its resources to that choice and turn her back to the other choices.

Take WW2, all sides wanted to push Turkey on their side. The allies wanted Turkey on their side. The axis wanted Turkey on their side. Choosing one side would endanger Turkey's safety. So what did Turkey do? They played both sides and got advantages of both options without the disadvantages of choosing one side.Today, we have the same situation. Russia wants Turkey on their side and Europe wants Turkey on their side. Turkey will never choose one side. It will play both sides to get advantages of both sides and non of the disadvantages.

Why would Turkey choose for a Turkic union and turn its back to EU and the middle-east? Turkey is getting funds from the EU to develop. Only a crazy man would turn away money to develop his country. The middle-east has a lot of human potential and natural resources. Why would Turkey turn away from the middle-east? If Turkey wants to become an independent power it must by dynamic to make independent choices. If Turkey turns her back to the EU, the middle-east and purely focuses on the Turkic world. It will never be an independent power but a dependent power because it will slow down its growth.

Eventually Turkey will choose the Turkic path. I'm sure of that but it is too early. Turkistan (in the broadest sence of the world) still must develop. The first step will be to use the natural resources to jump start the Turkic engine. In theory the Turkic states could start an union tomorrow, you can start an union but it won't have any power if you don't have economic or military power. You first have to develop the integration of the economy to utilize the human potential and natural resources.

I don't believe in an Ummah. Too many differences. Even if some Ummah is created. Outside powers will play the nationalism card to break it apart. Turkey must not choose her allies based on religion but common mentality. All Turkic states share the same mentality. Same values. Some culture. Same religion with secular government. First step is total integration of our economies and military integration with Azerbaijan(TANAP pipeline coming soon). From there we can expand our influence to other Turkic countries.

An union is just a piece of paper. What an union makes an union is economic and military integration. I rather achieve the latter and afterwards sign a piece of paper to make the union official.

Oh I thought you voted Ummah, just saw in the no union part now, you are the only exception looks like :D

The thing is, something like Ummah cannot be forged, its something which needs to grow from within the people. They need to want to be brothers with other etnics not because of they are in huge panic and problems and the only way to salvation is Ummah, thats is just pathetic and instable. Ummah can only succeed if people have fixed their nation from within and have worked to a stable and successful nation. If after those steps they still want to be closer with other muslims nations for better cooperation and etcetera, Thats the Ummah I would appreciate. But as we all can see most of them lack that spirit, they spread the word of Ummah like its some light word to sway people over to work with them while something like Ummah is a heavy responsibility by all men within that system.

The best what Turkiye can do is having a open door policy for trade relations and facilities to educate them in science which they lack. This is why I am for no Union for the coming 20 - 30 years

Last edited:
Unless the question is about fantasies there should have been only two options: EU or No Union.

Even the most realistic one, which is EU, won't be accessible for Turkey for at least 2 more decades in my opinion. Especially not before Turkey solve its Kurdish and Cyprus issues. At the moment, there are unwillingness in the both parties; Turks don't want to join EU and EU doesn't want Turkey in. But I think it is going to be change in future and until then we should continue to work on reaching European standards in democracy, freedoms and rights. We must achive the real separation of powers if we are going to be any different than those failed Islamic states. These efforts shouldn't be about joining the union but for our own future.

Unless the question is about fantasies there should have been only two options: EU or No Union.

Even the most realistic one, which is EU, won't be accessible for Turkey for at least 2 more decades in my opinion. Especially not before Turkey solve its Kurdish and Cyprus issues. At the moment, there are unwillingness in the both parties; Turks don't want to join EU and EU doesn't want Turkey in. But I think it is going to be change in future and until then we should continue to work on reaching European standards in democracy, freedoms and rights. We must achive the real separation of powers if we are going to be any different than those failed Islamic states. These efforts shouldn't be about joining the union but for our own future.
Talking about dreams :lol:

If you really think Europe is going to allow 90 million Turks to enter Europe, you are truly dreaming.

We have history behind us with Europe. They fought us to keep out. They won't kick the gates of Vienna open and let us in voluntarily.

Even the couple million of Turks in Europe now is not accepted. Recently there was anti-Turkish/anti-Muslim demo's in Germany. Just imagine the gates of Vienna opening and millions of Turks moving in. I don't see Europeans wanting that.

Talking about dreams :lol:

If you really think Europe is going to allow 90 million Turks to enter Europe, you are truly dreaming.

We have history behind us with Europe. They fought us to keep out. They won't kick the gates of Vienna open and let us in voluntarily.

Even the couple million of Turks in Europe now is not accepted. Recently there was anti-Turkish/anti-Muslim demo's in Germany. Just imagine the gates of Vienna opening and millions of Turks moving in. I don't see Europeans wanting that.

As I said reaching the EU standards should be our priority not joining the EU. If we do that, millions of Turks wouldn't "move in" to EU countries but those already there would move out to come back to Turkey.

As I said reaching the EU standards should be our priority not joining the EU. If we do that, millions of Turks wouldn't "move in" to EU countries but those already there would move out to come back to Turkey.
And when is Turkey going to have the same GDP per capita and living standards as Germany? In the year 2090? Truth is that none-the-less millions of Muslims would move to Europe while Europe has a negative birth rate and that is not going to change soon.

And when is Turkey going to have the same GDP per capita and living standards as Germany? In the year 2090? Truth is that none-the-less millions of Muslims would move to Europe while Europe has a negative birth rate and that is not going to change soon.

Yeah... Maybe our young population would be our ticket after all.

By the way, not every country in EU is equal to Germany. There are countries like Bulgaria, Romania, Greece, Cyprus...

Last edited:
I hope that too TurAr. But with a population who votes mostly AKP and is bound to his religion and identity, that is like you said a dream. If Erdogan is gone somebody else will come to his place and they can't stand him now. Imagine AKP at decision making table in Brussels. :disagree: By 2050 Turkey will have 130 million people while all European countries are declining in population or aging very fast. Turkey will have biggest population in Europe.

Wait @Hyperion since when did you become a Turk ? :undecided:

You damn charlatan; just because one of your three wives is a Turk you think you can become a Turk ? :mad:

Even I - Armstrong the Indomitable, am just an Honorary Turk ! :(

And @Hakan - You chose the Ummah ? :o:

I don't want you in my Union; 'cause I support Fenerbahce whereas you support Gala ! :bunny:

By the way, not every country in EU is equal to Germany. There are countries like Bulgaria, Romania, Greece, Cyprus...

Didn't you ask the question to yourself why none of the turks living in Europe voted for the EU option ? TurAr, come over to EU take some city in Germany, France, Austria, Holland or Britain and live here for a while, than share your opinion on how !great the EU is.

Last edited:
Didn't you ask the question to yourself why none of the turks living in Europe voted for the EU option ? TurAr, come over to EU take some city in Germany, France, Austria, Holland or Britain and live here for a while, than share your opinion on how !great the EU is.

I was actually wondering why most of the Turkish members from Europe tend to be unreasonable Islamists.

By the way, I didn't vote for EU either. I'm not for EU membership, I'm for a kind of Turkey which could join the union if it wanted to.

Wait @Hyperion since when did you become a Turk ? :undecided:

You damn charlatan; just because one of your three wives is a Turk you think you can become a Turk ? :mad:

Even I - Armstrong the Indomitable, am just an Honorary Turk ! :(

And @Hakan - You chose the Ummah ? :o:

I don't want you in my Union; 'cause I support Fenerbahce whereas you support Gala ! :bunny:
While we are dreaming I might aswell dream big. :enjoy:

Btw im not gala or fener :azn:

Back
Top Bottom