What's new

Finding A Solution for Troubled ME Section. Suggestions&Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can he be neutral and not bitch about the Caliphate thing despite Arabs ruling it previously for 1000 years and we not crying about "Turks" taking it from "us" then I am fine with that, LOL.

Can you do that @Neptune ?

I like Circassians from personal experience in the Arab world so that is also a plus.

You should at least, visit Turkish section and see his moderation. He will remain neutral, he knows his stuff.

our Chinese mate is also moderating the Far East section which i think he does that job well. Well bro, i changed schools at an important periot, also we worked just to pass the class not learn it as we were to enter the academy without any exams. But things changed for me. I'll probably try next time because i want to study law but if i pick this year, i'll just study sth low. So you can count me in

yeap !! neptune it is !!!

thats my boy ....

I think a turkish is a good choice

And we already had an Iranian moderator @Serpentine and he was unable to be neutral and was thus removed by the moderation team and Webmaster.
In case you didn't know, Webmaster didn't 'remove' me from this section, I asked him to give it to another person because of too many whining and PMs from certain members having problems solely with my nationality, however Webmaster was quite satisfied with my moderation in ME section.

On topic, thanks @Sinan for starting this thread.

I can suggest @BronzePlaque , @T-123456 and yourself. You are all decent,calm and respected members of this forum, and you're also from Middle East. I don't think Arabs or Iranians would have a problem with a Turk being a mod here.

A neutral Pakistani mod can be great too, there are many names in my head, but I think @Armstrong can be a great choice, he has good relations with all members of ME section, a very well-informed member with a great sense of humor too, so can it get better?

But before all this, we should first see if @WebMaster and senior mods would agree with a moderation team solely for this section, which I personally think is vitally required.

Can he be neutral and not bitch about the Caliphate thing despite Arabs ruling it previously for 1000 years and we not crying about Turks taking it from "us" then I am fine with that, LOL.

Can you do that @Neptune ?

I like Circassians from personal experience in the Arab world so that is also a plus.

We have done the same discussion. Did you see me bitchin ?

You should at least, visit Turkish section and see his moderation. He will remain neutral, he knows his stuff.
Discard al hasani away .:enjoy:

I trust your judgement. If that is a case he has my blessings but as I told you earlier and in private then I am warning you about taking moderators from the region since it in the past created problems. That's all. Hence I would prefer a neutral moderator not from the region.

Is there any Arab mod?

No. Despite "us" having two sections.
I will raise that topic to the moderation team as well. We should at least have Arab mods in the Arab Defense section IMO.

There is a solution.

Click the report button.

All reports are handled and users misbehaving get banned.

Allow 24 hours for the report to be handled but it would mean the user will be warned and banned appropriately in time (as the report is handled).

There is a solution.

Click the report button.

All reports are handled and users misbehaving get banned.

Allow 24 hours for the report to be handled but it would mean the user will be warned and banned appropriately in time (as the report is handled).

Aye, that is the solution.

Here's the biggest problem I see.
There are multiple discussions running at once, a troll comes along posts a flamebait or two in a few threads and that's it, it all kicks off!

Senior members even start engaging.

My number 1 preventative suggestion, report, wait, wait, harass my inbox if you will, but whatever you do don't reply!

Then if there is a flamewar going on, be pedantic in your reports, report everything, if your arguing for the Arab side, report all posts including the pro Arab ones, vice versa for Iranians, but report ALL OF THEM, don't leave a single one, and this is not about taking sides, it's to avoid mess that ruins your own sections of this forum.

I can count many threads that I've been two where 2-3 reports were filed MAX, and I ended up, warning or infraction possible 10-15 posts and deleted up to the order of 100.

The fact that only a fraction of the posts that should be acted upon are reported, due to the time lag in us processing them and due to the sheer scale of posts thanks to all members even senior ones taking part, it makes it seem that we aren't doing our job proficiently. And that I think is quite unfair.

Anyway, it's good to see you folks recognize and discuss it.
Please let me suggest to you all personally, I know many of you quite well know. If you are as sick and tired of this, then don't engage in it at all, be patient, grow a thick skin. That my friends is your end of the bargain.

what about @Jungibaaz ? :devil: he is truly a troll haunter !! :devil::devil:
I'm an all rounder, but I'm not suited for a ME specific mod role anyway.
To be perfectly honest, there are members I've seen who are 10 times more knowledgeable then I could ever be when it comes to ME.

But I do try and we all do at the management team, we deal with reports from all sections.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom