What's new

Finding A Solution for Troubled ME Section. Suggestions&Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not here. Besides there will be no Arab moderator either. Nor should there.

A neutral must be found. But anyway if the moderators want to repeat the same past mistakes then let them do it. But I will be against it and tell them that.

My advice @Sinan after our discussions in private is to contact the Webmaster and let him speak with the current moderation team and let them decide the user and the solution.

I think they are familiar with what happened the last time we had "neutral" local moderators here……..

Yeap, after all they will be the one to decide. However instead of me, speaking to him in private, we should mention him. So he can see this not just the concern of mine but a serious number of poster's.

what about choosing @ADBUN as the mod? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
It seems that some users would love him:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

---------------------

Anyway, By putting Iranian, Arabs , jews, and Turks aside, I suggest some Indian mod like KRAIT , and @Armstrong .

That's not a good idea. Firstly there will never be an Indian mod on this forum, as the management team has specifically mentioned that in the past, so that's not even an option. Secondly Indians aren't exactly neutral in this issue. I think most Indians here would favor the Iranians.

I didn't know about such a policy, Thanks for explanation.
Anyway, some Indians are pro-Israel and Anti Iranian mullahs.

what about choosing @ADBUN as the mod? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
It seems that some users would love him:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

---------------------

Anyway, By putting Iranian, Arabs , jews, and Turks aside, I suggest some Indian mod like KRAIT , and @Armstrong .
shukhi shukhi ba manam shukhi?
man 2 bar be khater al hasani ban shodam be jaye inke ye kari koni un avazi ban beshe mani maskhare mikoni

math ? u know how to write math ? lolilolilol :D

first u claim he was removed then u admit u said BS , and bring on another BS abt masomnia ....

Yeap, after all they will be the one to decide. However instead of me, speaking to him in private, we should mention him. So he can see this not just the concern of mine but a serious number of poster's.

There are already Pakistani users who moderate this section although there is no moderator that is specifically assigned to the ME section which is a problem. We are trying to deal with that. Then people are starting to mention their own compatriots something that already proved not to work on this section. But those users don't remember how the situation looked like here earlier this year since they were not users here. There were constant complains of the two moderators (one Arab and one Iranian) of them not being neutral enough from the two sides. It seems people want the repeat of that.

Pakistanis are mostly knowledgeable of the region but without being part of the region. It should be possible to find one Pakistani user who could be a moderator or even two.

The other ethnic groups are simply not neutral enough.

If anything it is time for an Arab moderator since there is none despite there being two sections for Arabs on this forum (Arab Defence and the ME section) but I would not propose one since I KNOW that it would not work since that has been PROVEN in the past. Iranians and you Turks have your own sections where you can more or less apply your own rules and have your own moderators, including trolling among each other without rules applying as in other sections. Having moderators in the ME section as well would be too much IMO. That is just my view.

shukhi shukhi ba manam shukhi?
man 2 bar be khater al hasani ban shodam be jaye inke ye kari koni un avazi ban beshe mani maskhare mikoni

I just wanted to joke a little bit and make a positive atmosphere.
Do not mind it please ;)

I didn't know about such a policy, Thanks for explanation.
Anyway, some Indians are pro-Israel and Anti Iranian mullahs.

Most Indians here are both pro Israel and pro Iran. It's kind of complicated, you don't necessarily have to favor one :D. But in Arab vs Iran issues I'm pretty sure most would favor Iran.

Save your time. There will be no Iranian moderator. You have your own section where you can troll.

And we already had an Iranian moderator @Serpentine and he was unable to be neutral and was thus removed by the moderation team and Webmaster.

We already had this experiment of having an Arab and Iranian moderator and it did not work according to the moderators. Why would they commit the same mistake again?

I think there was a consensus that no Arab, Turkish or Iranian moderators should be picked unless there were no other options which I believe there are.

Freinds....think about the scenario of middle east...If you people are not ready to accommodate a people from other sides as a moderator, Do not you think it raise a fundamental question about how do you a find a solution for such a complex issue in this thread when people are not ready to accommodate each other for moderator itself....??

That's not a good idea. Firstly there will never be an Indian mod on this forum, as the management team has specifically mentioned that in the past, so that's not even an option. Secondly Indians aren't exactly neutral in this issue. I think most Indians here would favor the Iranians.

Yes..You are right....Iran will always be favored by Indian members with respect to Middle east issues.

Freinds....think about the scenario of middle east...If you people are not ready to accommodate a people from other sides as a moderator, Do not you think it raise a fundamental question about how do you a find a solution for such a complex issue in this thread when people are not ready to accommodate each other for moderator itself....??

Why should we find moderators among ourselves when this experiment proved to be a failure in the past? Why should that even be a case when you can find a neutral not tied to the region? For example one among the dozens of active Pakistani users in this section. This is after all a Pakistani forum and the Pakistani users are already moderating this section and have always done that and nobody raised an eyebrow.

Only as a last solution IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom