What's new

PM Erdogan: Green light for 2500Km Ballistic Missile.

BTW, The missiles mentioned from 200+ to 2500km are all Cruise missiles... Instead of developing basslitic missiles, Turkey concantrated on developments of cruise missiles...

SOM A,B,C = 200+km (Air Launchable)
CM1=300km (On trials)
CM2=500km (On trials)
CM-3=1500km (2013) (Most probably Land/Ship based and booster mounted)
CM-4=2500km (2014) (Most probably Land/Ship based and booster mounted)

BTW, The missiles mentioned from 200+ to 2500km are all Cruise missiles... Instead of developing basslitic missiles, Turkey concantrated on developments of cruise missiles...

SOM A,B,C = 200+km (Air Launchable)
CM1=300km (On trials)
CM2=500km (On trials)
CM-3=1500km (2013) (Most probably Land/Ship based and booster mounted)
CM-4=2500km (2014) (Most probably Land/Ship based and booster mounted)

I searched for information of this missiles and I could not find any source about them expect this site(Turkey wants to build 2,500-km-range missiles | Armenia News - NEWS.am said their source was -zaman-) but there wasn't any data about dates of this developments. Can you tell me what was the source you found this information from?

What is the difficult thing in converting a 2500 km missile to 11,000 ICBM is it just not matter of scaling design and more fuel
I mean iran took a rocket to space , surely Turkey and Pakistan can make missiles that can reach 11,000 KM

With their vast and enormous resources

What is the difficult thing in converting a 2500 km missile to 11,000 ICBM is it just not matter of scaling design and more fuel
I mean iran took a rocket to space , surely Turkey and Pakistan can make missiles that can reach 11,000 KM

With their vast and enormous resources

Pff no doubt about that.:cheers:

I have doubts Turkey can come up with a 2500 km missile any time soon, without copying some other missile (even that won't be easy). It could take 5-10 years. But if they manage it on their own in 3 years, say, I will be really impressed. It takes a long time to master these technologies, even with outside help.

I have doubts Turkey can come up with a 2500 km missile any time soon, without copying some other missile (even that won't be easy). It could take 5-10 years. But if they manage it on their own in 3 years, say, I will be really impressed. It takes a long time to master these technologies, even with outside help.

Those are not new pojects... For example, SOM project is commenced in 2007 (?) but It is announced into public in 2011. When SOM is announced, It was asked Tubitak engineers, introducing SOM, wheather There are some others will proceed o not, They didn't give any single information about new projects but They just said that The range is just a matter of desicion. After 6 months passed, We learnt that 300km version is on trials and 500km will start trials in this year.

Along with those informations, Turkish institutes were all telling their excitements to develop turbojet engines in a short time and SSIK charged KALE to develop state of art turbojet engines...

All those have just one meaning. The development efforts have already been started way before than public informing...

Alright. But going from 300 km to 2500 km will take time. What is the estimated date to reach 2500 km ?

And does Turkey have plans to produce a satellite launch vehicle ?

I searched for information of this missiles and I could not find any source about them expect this site(Turkey wants to build 2,500-km-range missiles | Armenia News - NEWS.am said their source was -zaman-) but there wasn't any data about dates of this developments. Can you tell me what was the source you found this information from?

The all source quotes the statements of Tubitak manager, Dr. Yucel Altunbasak, a legend among his colleagues. He was an Electrical Engineering professor at Georgia Tech University (in top 10 university of USA) before turning back to Turkey.

http://www.trthaber.com/haber/bilim-teknik/turk-fuzesi-som-icin-geri-sayim-basladi-24107.html
ntvmsnbc Video Galeri
TÜB?TAK 2014 hedefi - En Son Ekonomi Haberleri - HTEkonomi

Alright. But going from 300 km to 2500 km will take time. What is the estimated date to reach 2500 km ?

And does Turkey have plans to produce a satellite launch vehicle ?

Indeed It takes time and The estimated time for 2500km is 2014 means The efforts have to be started in 2009 (Maybe???). Developing a satellite carrier is also on schedule. It was also planned to launch Tukish communication satellite (TUSAT-1) with Turkish carrier but I think This project will delay a littile.

and According to Prof. Yucel Altunbasak, Tubitak SAGE has been woking on thse technologies since 6 years. It means efforts have been started in 2005-2006 years...

As far I know SSM has charged Kale Aero to develop Turbojet Engines, which will be ready for serial Production within 4 Years. Variant with 1500 and 2500 km Range will be equippt with foreign Engines ?

They are already working on diferent types of engines if i'm not mistaken, hopefully by that time we will have fully domestic engines for all our weapon systems.

Back
Top Bottom