What's new

ARE THESE PAKISTANI WEAPONS PROGRAMS REALLY GOING ON???

There are other benifits of such a program.

1. Radar homing technology which can be used for the development of guidance for other SAMs and AAMs.

2. SAM variant of the BVR.

3. Increase profits from JFT exports by exporting it with Pakistani armament.

Agreed.
However thinking that we will be making such a system completely using in-house technology is not right. There is bound to be massive foreign help, both China and South Africa are most likely partners.

Agreed.
However thinking that we will be making such a system completely using in-house technology is not right. There is bound to be massive foreign help, both China and South Africa are most likely partners.
Of course but if it were up to me, I'd task our universities and professionals with the guidance development.

Of course but if it were up to me, I'd task our universities and professionals with the guidance development.
and i doubt they would have been able to come up with a lot!!
Secondly we are not in position to invest millions in RnD, if you can get the tech for some trustworthy source, it meeds your need, is cheaper and help your work force then that is they way PAF like to get things done.

and i doubt they would have been able to come up with a lot!!
Secondly we are not in position to invest millions in RnD, if you can get the tech for some trustworthy source, it meeds your need, is cheaper and help your work force then that is they way PAF like to get things done.

Pakistan's Ministry of defense production
launched a Research and development project
for completely indigenous production of a GSR
in collaboration with EME and other
departments of NUST.
A total of 39 Million Rs were allocated for
R&D. The preliminary/Theoretical work was
completed within an year with 20+ PHD
students working on the project. The project
was so successful that AESA and PESA
technologies seemed conceivable within
Pakistan's own expertise and resources.

Pakistan's Home made GSR , Ground surveillance radar

Oh they can come up with something alright.

Anyways, technology acquisition is not the biggest of our problems. The main challange is to build on, improve and implement the technology once acquired. That is where we have failed almost everytime.

Pakistan's Home made GSR , Ground surveillance radar

Oh they can come up with something alright.

Anyways, technology acquisition is not the biggest of our problems. The main challange is to build on, improve and implement the technology once acquired. That is where we have failed almost everytime.
Brother what you have quoted as an example is a GSR with 4 Km range for humans, 4 KM!
You cannot cite that as the ability to make long range AAM completely at home. Will be TOO expensive.

No matter what we fans want, the military is sensible enough to put there priorities straight, if we can get it from open source, have the right of some slight tweaks and are manufacturing it at home, then that is what we will be going for. :)

Anyway, lets see what comes up in future.

You know what would be more welcome instead of more weapons?Space exploration initiative and capability to launch commercial/military satellite. Just my opinion.

How about building schools and clinics remote areas of Pakistan ?

Brother what you have quoted as an example is a GSR with 4 Km range for humans, 4 KM!
You cannot cite that as the ability to make long range AAM completely at home. Will be TOO expensive.

No matter what we fans want, the military is sensible enough to put there priorities straight, if we can get it from open source, have the right of some slight tweaks and are manufacturing it at home, then that is what we will be going for. :)

Anyway, lets see what comes up in future.
Did you read the AESA part?

Did you read the AESA part?
I read it all my friend. The link you shared was not opening so i look it up on internet and got the SAME THREAD.
It had nothing but rumors, the only tangiable thing is the GSR that i have mentioned.

Also please try to understand that ToT of everything and indigenous manufacturing of all equipment is neither possible nor necessary . This is something most of our enthusiastic posters fail to realize. It is just like the NEWS about PAF getting Su-35 and NAVY confirmed as buying nuclear subs.

ANYWAY, you can stick with what you believe. My personal view is that we will get some AAM with right to tweak with it and manufacture it at home. The Missile will be Chinese or South African origin most probably but can come from some other foreign source as well. We lag behind by decades as far as radar tech is concerned and wont be able to catch up in months/years.

You know what would be more welcome instead of more weapons?Space exploration initiative and capability to launch commercial/military satellite. Just my opinion.

How about building schools and clinics remote areas of Pakistan ?

A poor country like Pakistan with mismanagement in govt can hardly take care of such developmental issues

I was answering Razor who wanted Pakistan to spend money on the Space program.

Back
Top Bottom