What's new

PM Erdogan: Green light for 2500Km Ballistic Missile.

Actually, Turkey didn't have any concern on ballistic missile technologies. We had just commenced a project called Yildirim having a range of 250km in Block-II version. The aim of Yildirim project was to spread fear over Greek officials in Aegean dispute and It became really usefull...

Roketsan Yildirim I (China-Turkey cooperation program)

img7068x.jpg

I think Turkey started changing the strategy in parralel of its rising power and influence in region. While We are rising in terms of every field of development and our defence industry which is aiming to develop every type weapon/missile system, are doing perfect, It is certain to collide our interests with another one spoiled under the rain of funds/technology/subsystems/freedom to act over other lands who feels itself something like "bigger thanks to big brothers" over Turkey and Turkish influence region so It is understood that Cautions have been started to be taken from now.

This tech is not new but such a ballistic missile project technology will be used on development of satellite launching vehile so Turkey foreseens a plan to launch own satellite with own launchers in years between 2015-18 but It is understood that similar technology will be applied for carrying high explosive warheads towrds enemy lands instead of space... Range isn't so important (Do you really believe that Yildirim II has a range of 250km or SOM cruise missile has a range of 180km ? :) ) and always be kept hidden but Knowing the availibility of such a mass-destruction weapon project is important as well.

Actually, Turkey didn't have any concern on ballistic missile technologies. We had just commenced a project called Yildirim having a range of 250km in Block-II version. The aim of Yildirim project was to spread fear over Greek officials in Aegean dispute and It became really usefull...

Roketsan Yildirim I (China-Turkey cooperation program)

img7068x.jpg

I think Turkey started changing the strategy in parralel of its rising power and influence in region. While We are rising in terms of every field of development, It is certain to collide our interests with another one spoiled under the rain of funds/technology/subsystems/freedom to act over other lands who feels itself something like "bigger thanks to his big brothers" over Turkish influence region and so Cautions have been started to be taken from now.

This tech is not new but such a ballistic missile project technology will be used on development of satellite launching vehile so Turkey foreseens a plan to launch own satellite with own launchers in years between 2015-18 but It is understood that similar technology will be applied for carrying high explosive warheads towrds enemy lands instead of space... Range isn't so important (Do you really believe that Yildirim II has a range of 250km or SOM cruise missile has a range of 180km ? :) ) and always be kept hidden but Knowing the availibility of such a mass-destruction weapon project is important as well.

Thaks for information

''Off Topic''

I am knew here but from what I have seen you are very knowledgeable on Turkish defence industry so Do you have any knowledge about progress of ANKA and Indigenous Commercial and Utility Helicopter projects. There wasn't any new information on Sticky threads and I could not found any information about them of course this could mean there isn't any but nearly a year and there isn't any information about ANKA and I was curios about it.

Besides, Erdogan as PM or Abdullah Gul or Ismet Yılmaz as defence minister of Turkey is the latest hole of clarion to make a desicion on range of such strategic missile systems/programs. I mean the Destiny of the strategic roadways or long term industrial programs, critical specifications of projects to be aimed for development aren't belong to the statements of one man in Turkey. After comprehensive research, feasiblity reports and strategic assessments of expert engineer and strategist teams, Such a plan has been presented for Erdogan in a meeting and Erdogan is just approved this plan as a PM. Our media is just licking somewhere of PM. Erdogan or Ismet yilmaz themselves aren't even aware of What a ballistic missile is, How It works...etc. He just gives an order for YES/NO in accordance with fund requirements of projects...

As I said about ballistic missile project, Noone knows the range of program planned exluding some special members of MGK or YAS meetings. At this aspect, The most important thing for us is the availibility of this progam. Rest is just speculations of media and PM.

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
Thaks for information

''Off Topic''

I am knew here but from what I have seen you are very knowledgeable on Turkish defence industry so Do you have any knowledge about progress of ANKA and Indigenous Commercial and Utility Helicopter projects. There wasn't any new information on Sticky threads and I could not found any information about them of course this could mean there isn't any but nearly a year and there isn't any information about ANKA and I was curios about it.

Bro, I just know What you know about them as well...

Already Pakistan has developed IRBM Ghauri-III missiles which have 3500 km range. We should take this rocket technology from Pakistan instead of developing our own. Our scientists can focus to guidance tech and increase these missiles performance with Pakistanis.
Don't worry Pakistan will always be there wherever U needed technical help.....We wish Turky as greatest missile power so they don't have to depend on US/NATO for its defences.........:smokin:

Israeli Jericho with range enough to hit any Turkish territory, that is the most important

Within some Years turkish Industry can develop a Range of Air, Ground and Sea launched Land Attack Cruise Missiles which can hit Targets in Israel. When Göktürk I & II are launched to Space Turkey is Capable to locate Jericho launching Sites/Silos. Do not forget that the first turkish made Cruise Missile SOM are ready for Production and you can be Sure the missile will be exportet to arab Countries !

Within some Years turkish Industry can develop a Range of Air, Ground and Sea launched Land Attack Cruise Missiles which can hit Targets in Israel. When Göktürk I & II are launched to Space Turkey is Capable to locate Jericho launching Sites/Silos. Do not forget that the first turkish made Cruise Missile SOM are ready for Production and you can be Sure the missile will be exportet to arab Countries !

Is there some kind of a disease that makes you rise to the kind of baiting made by people like Machine ?

If you don't have anything to contribute to the nice posts made by Cabatli then be quiet.

Does the idea of attacking Israel make you aroused or something? Turkey already has the means to attack Israel, and had for a long time now but they didn't and won't. Why? They have common sense.

Does the idea of attacking Israel make you aroused or something? Turkey already has the means to attack Israel, and had for a long time now but they didn't and won't. Why? They have common sense.

I don't mean Turkey have any Intentions to attack Israel, but Turkey will defend it's interest in the middle East and will probably Support it's arab Allies in Case of an Israeli Agression. Turkeys Target is to Change strategic Balance in middle East !

It is a good news. There is alot of healthy competition between Iran and Turkey in science and technology. I hope this will benefit both countries. They are almost neck and neck in science and technology among Muslim countries.

I don't mean Turkey have any Intentions to attack Israel, but Turkey will defend it's interest in the middle East and will probably Support it's arab Allies in Case of an Israeli Agression. Turkeys Target is to Change strategic Balance in middle East !
You mean the Arabs that rebelled against your nation and joined with the British?

do we have arab allies? I just wonder....

Exactly, some people are getting wet dreams here. No Arab country will fight with Turkey, on the other hand in the past when we had better relations to Israel: Israel would fight along our side. Israel helped us during the big earthquakes, just remember the Izmit earthquake or the last one the first countries to respond where always Israel, Greece and the Azeris. Even Armenia responded faster then most Arab countries. I mean Pakistan, the Azeris, Bulgaria or Iran didn't even ask us for permission to help. You're seriously delusional if you really believe that we have Arab allies.

Exactly, some people are getting wet dreams here. No Arab country will fight with Turkey, on the other hand in the past when we had better relations to Israel: Israel would fight along our side. Israel helped us during the big earthquakes, just remember the Izmit earthquake or the last one the first countries to respond where always Israel, Greece and the Azeris. Even Armenia responded faster then most Arab countries. I mean Pakistan, the Azeris, Bulgaria or Iran didn't even ask us for permission to help. You're seriously delusional if you really believe that we have Arab allies.

Very true. When Turkey needed help, Israel was always one of the first to help, especially during the tragedies of 1999 and 2011.

During the 1999 Earthquake, thousands of Israelis stood in lines to donate 25 tons of supplies to turkey.

we dont have any Arab ally!!! we are just improving our economic and political relations i.e a normalization process with the arab world in accordance with our national interest! thats it!

Missile Technology Control Regime

The MTCR seeks to limit the risks of proliferation of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) by controlling exports of goods and technologies that could make a contribution to delivery systems (other than manned aircraft) for such weapons. In this context, the Regime places particular focus on rockets and unmanned aerial vehicles capable of delivering a payload of at least 500 kg to a range of at least 300 km and on equipment, software, and technology for such systems.

Despite MTCR is not a treaty and does not impose any legally binding obligations on Partners (Turkey signed in 1997);

- Partners are expected to act responsibly and practice restraint with regard to exports of items that could contribute to the proliferation of missiles capable of delivering WMD and to abide by all consensus decisions of the Regime.

- They set the standard for responsible non-proliferation behaviour and help shape the international missile non-proliferation effort while conducting their missile non-proliferation policies in a manner consistent with the Regime's overall goals and activities.

-Partners also are expected to control all exports of equipment and technology controlled on the MTCR Annex according to the stipulations of the MTCR Guidelines.

600px-Missile_Technology_Control_Regime.png

Does PM's order mean that Turkey will resign MTCR ?

Back
Top Bottom