What's new

Pakistanis racial background

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pak posses HOOK NOSE...?? need more detail
We look like an EAGLE....:oops:

Some Pakistanis are not ready to accept that Indians and Pakistanis are pretty much the same people. This fetish with foreigners need to stop. we are all sons of this great land, home to many ancient civilisations.

You are absolutely right friend.Most of members in here are so much proud about their Arab ancestry.But if you take civilisation and culture Pakistanis have a lot more than Arabs.Perhaps Arab should proud about their subcontinent ancestry.

Perhaps you are wrong .You cant do such a study in India especially in states like TN.And as a keralite I didnt heard about such a study in our state.That map might be an extrapolated .nothing else.
You can find out ancestry of one person.But 125 crore it is impossible.

Samples can be requested, the logistics aren't that difficult to be honest. Nothing is 100% accurate, but it is one of the studies that have been done on the subject. Others I have seen have also stated similar results, some Indian poster put it up.

Arab like haplogroup will be unique thing among typical rural west punjabi tribes. So if some awans have it then arab "ancestry claim" may make sense but not sure. I know two awans on 23andme but their haplogroup is similar to other Pakistanis.

Awans are native to western Punjab. I think the word Awan is actually a Sanskrit word which means Defender. It may have been bestowed on Awans by surrounding tribes for the courageous defence of their lands.

Samples can be requested, the logistics aren't that difficult to be honest. Nothing is 100% accurate, but it is one of the studies that have been done on the subject. Others I have seen have also stated similar results, some Indian poster put it up.
bro are u janjua?

You are absolutely right friend.Most of members in here are so much proud about their Arab ancestry.But if you take civilisation and culture Pakistanis have a lot more than Arabs.Perhaps Arab should proud about their subcontinent ancestry.

I don't care what people think about themselves. As long as this pride doesn't turn into racism.

Most Pakistanis are from the sub-continent. That's not a bad thing. While belonging to the sub-continnt didn't give you prestige in the 20th century, modern India is helping put a more aggressive image to us. Our people aren't how the world saw us 50 years ago. (ironically modi might contribute to that)

Awans are native to western Punjab. I think the word Awan is actually a Sanskrit word which means Defender. It may have been bestowed on Awans by surrounding tribes for the courageous defence of their lands.

True, awans are natives to west punjab. But its also possible some awans may have arab ancestor hundreds of years ago. Only way to find out is if enough awans do genetic test. 1 awan is not enough but still interesting because i have never seen any arab like haplogorup among typical west punjab rural tribes.

Most Pakistanis are from the sub-continent. That's not a bad thing. While belonging to the sub-continnt didn't give you prestige in the 20th century, modern India is helping put a more aggressive image to us. Our people aren't how the world saw us 50 years ago. (ironically modi might contribute to that)

Great comment until you brought Modi in.:P

They are biggest tribe after sudhans in Azad Kashmir right? Though its hard to get exact %, some gujjar facebook page even say 35%. Buts its generally accepted fact that gujjars are single biggest tribe?

The Sudhans are localised bro i.e. Sudhanoti and Poonch, and they form the largest grouping there, and are level in numbers with Jatts from Kotli and Mirpur.

The Gujjar community being the largest community came from this reference:

Pakistan and Its Diaspora: Multidisciplinary Approaches - Google Books

While Gujjars are probably the largest group

It's not said why and how. My ancestry is from Kotli and Muzaffarabad, the two largest population centres and Gujjars are the smaller grouping in each. Although they are a large tribe, not the largest.

But regardless, we see ourselves as one folk.

I hope that you realize that the Arab world is home to the oldest civilizations, cities and historical monuments in the world and not the other way around.

The most impressive ancient civilization of South Asia, IVC, also "ironically" had very close ties to ancient Sumer in Southern Iraq and the ancient Dilmun civilization of Eastern Arabia (modern-day Bahrain and Eastern KSA).

Ironically the first humans that settled on the Subcontinent also came from the Arab World (Arabian Peninsula).

In fact I believe that some of the Dravidians of India/earliest settlers of India came from Southern Arabia and later spread East. After initially coming from nearby East Africa themselves. Like most humans did according to genetics and science.

Regarding hooked noses then that's actually not a typical "Arab trait". Most of us have "Roman noses". Farsis are more known for bigger noses. In terms of appearance big noses are a central characteristic of the Armenoid "race". One of the biggest components of West Asian populations.

Armenoid race - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Physical appearance

The Arabid race was distinguished from the West-Mediterranean race by some minor characteristic facial traits. These include almond-shaped eyes, very dark hair color, the "Semitic smile" (conditioned by unusually deep Fossa canina), skin color from olive to dark, and often but not always a narrow or a broad aquiline nose. This race had in earlier times a broader-formed Syrid subrace, which was found among the farmers of the "Fertile Crescent".

Arabid race - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
The Sudhansa are localised bro i.e. Sudhanoti and Poonch, and they form the largest grouping there, and are level in numbers with Jatts from Kotli and Mirpur.

The Gujjar community being the largest community came from this reference:

Pakistan and Its Diaspora: Multidisciplinary Approaches - Google Books

While Gujjars are probably the largest group

It's not said why and how. My ancestry is from Kotli and Muzaffarabad, the two largest population centres and Gujjars are the smaller grouping in each. Although they are a large tribe, not the largest.
Do you have any knowledge about Chakothi? how does the demographic there look like?

I hope that you realize that the Arab world is home to the oldest civilizations, cities and historical monuments in the world and not the other way around.

The most impressive ancient civilization of South Asia, IVC, also "ironically" had very close ties to ancient Sumer in Southern Iraq and the ancient Dilmun civilization of Eastern Arabia (modern-day Bahrain and Eastern KSA).

Ironically the first humans that settled on the Subcontinent also came from the Arab World (Arabian Peninsula).

Regarding hooked noses then that's actually not a typical "Arab trait". Most of us have "Roman noses". Farsis are more known for bigger noses.

Physical appearance

The Arabid race was distinguished from the West-Mediterranean race by some minor characteristic facial traits. These include almond-shaped eyes, very dark hair color, the "Semitic smile" (conditioned by unusually deep Fossa canina), skin color from olive to dark, and often but not always a narrow or a broad aquiline nose. This race had in earlier times a broader-formed Syrid subrace, which was found among the farmers of the "Fertile Crescent".

Arabid race - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thank you Bro.I dont know much about Arab civilization .I will try to improve that.
But what is the difference between these Farsis nose and Roman nose?
Both of them seems like caucasian .But we cant easily identify a Roman and a ME people.

Great comment until you brought Modi in.:P

well I don't necessarily approve or like the fact that he's our leader. But then you can't deny his leadership qualities. The sub-continent will have to wait a bit longer before we have one that fills all the check boxes. But until then, he really is leagues ahead of the jokers we are producing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom