What's new

Pakistanis racial background

Status
Not open for further replies.
bhai kyun logon ka dil tod rahae ho hakeeqat bata ke

Some Pakistanis are not ready to accept that Indians and Pakistanis are pretty much the same people. This fetish with foreigners need to stop. we are all sons of this great land, home to many ancient civilisations.

I remember your haplogroup turned similar to arabs, you are awan right? Are you on gedmatch.com?

Even I'm partially Awan. Awans are native to Western Punjab. Although there is a story of some Arab soldiers settling down in their lands. They were probably out numbered by the local population. I don't think they contributed much to the local genetic make up of Awans.

Some Pakistanis are not ready to accept that Indians and Pakistanis are pretty much the same people. This fetish with foreigners need to stop. we are all sons of this great land, home to many ancient civilisations.
True bro, how can u love your country if your soul belongs somewhere else.

Even I'm partially Awan. Awans are native to Western Punjab. Although there is a story of some Arab soldiers settling down in their lands. They were probably out numbered by the local population. I don't think they contributed much to the local genetic mack up of Awans.
I have read somewhere that a these stories of being from some distant lands emerged only a century or two back.

True bro, how can u love your country if your soul belongs somewhere else.

By trying to prove foreign ancestries it has created nothing but confusion and identity crisis. All Pakistani ethnic groups actually share similar genes apart from Hazara, they are uniquely Mongoliod with a Iranic admixture.

I have read somewhere that a these stories of being from some distant lands emerged only a century or two back.

These stories are all not false but rather edited. I.e. there may have been Arab soldiers settling down in the lands of Awans. How many they were? few thousands? They may have married local women, but the still didn't play any major genetic role. The stories were probably invented much later on to somehow prove yourself higher then others.

20% is too much .............without any logic............seems like making conclusions from Punjabi Movies..........:p:...............I think "Arain Cast"............has the majority in overall in Punjab and Pakistan.

Yes gujjars are not anywhere near 20%, actually no single tribe in west punjab make that much of a population in punajb.

Arains sure have more numbers then gujjars but again not 20%. Arains are probably 10% just like jatts who are also about 10% of punjab population.

But gujjars are very numerous in Azad kashmir, making 30% of population by some estimates.

By trying to prove foreign ancestries it has created nothing but confusion and identity crisis. All Pakistani ethnic groups actually share similar genes apart from Hazara, they are uniquely Mongoliod with a Iranic admixture.
Yeah true, have heard that hazaras are the remnants from mongol garrisons left in present day afghanistan during genghis khan's conquests.

But gujjars are very numerous in Azad kashmir, making 30% of population by some estimates.

Hailing from the region I don't think Gujars are that numerous, not 30%.

Yeah true, have heard that hazaras are the remnants from mongol garrisons left in present day afghanistan during genghis khan's conquests.

They probably are. At some point they lost their language and adopted Persian and Shia Islam.

The sample was quite extensive and local health agencies were involved. I'd like to see a study that suggests otherwise.

Perhaps you are wrong .You cant do such a study in India especially in states like TN.And as a keralite I didnt heard about such a study in our state.That map might be an extrapolated .nothing else.
You can find out ancestry of one person.But 125 crore it is impossible.

Hailing from the region I don't think Gujars are that numerous, not 30%.

They are biggest tribe after sudhans in Azad Kashmir right? Though its hard to get exact %, some gujjar facebook page even say 35%. Buts its generally accepted fact that gujjars are single biggest tribe?

Even I'm partially Awan. Awans are native to Western Punjab. Although there is a story of some Arab soldiers settling down in their lands. They were probably out numbered by the local population. I don't think they contributed much to the local genetic make up of Awans.

Arab like haplogroup will be unique thing among typical rural west punjabi tribes. So if some awans have it then arab "ancestry claim" may make sense but not sure. I know two awans on 23andme but their haplogroup is similar to other Pakistanis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom