What's new

Pakistani Sikhs beheaded by Taliban

A shamefull act and very sad indeed. If I am not wrong they have beheaded more muslims than minorities. Maybe it is time for Hindus and Sikhs to move out of that area all together.

It is very bad and sad and iam totally against it altogether no matter wat the race i sure hope all the terrorist sh_t ends soon. Maybe its time all muslims move out of Pak to huh? no hindus and sikhs that live in Pakistan are Pakistani its there land as well its not up to you nor me to speak for them if pakistani's want to leave its there choice a nations all always sticks together no matter wat but again times are not the greatest inshallah they will go away soon and things will be back to normal for all races in Pakistan GOD bless.

Three Sikhs beheaded by Pak Taliban
Mon, Feb 22 06:08 AM

Three Sikh men were said to have been beheaded by Taliban groups in the FATA area of Pakistan and their heads sent to a gurudwara in Peshawar.

According to information available with India late this evening, one of the Sikhs has been identified as Jaspal Singh. He and his two friends were residents of Badi near Peshawar.

(Late tonight, a PTI report from Pakistan quoted sources as saying there was confusion on the exact numbers, that two men had been beheaded and others were being held hostage. It said the body of Jaspal Singh was found in Khyber while that of Mahal Singh was found in Orakzai Agency. Gurvinder Singh and Gurjit Singh, the sources said, were among those being held captive.)

The men had gone to the FATA area for some work but were held by Taliban groups who apparently asked them to convert to Islam. Sources said the information so far suggests that the men resisted the order and were then beheaded.

Later, their heads were sent to Bhai Joga Singh Gurudwara in Peshawar. The incident has shocked the small Sikh community in Peshawar.

This attack, sources said, comes in the backdrop of repeated threats to the Sikh community there to convert if they wanted to stay on. India has in the past taken up the issue of security of Hindus and Sikhs in Pakistan. While the Pakistan government has been committed to providing security to minority groups, this incident has certainly made matters far more dangerous and sensitive.

The Haqqani group and factions of the Quetta Shura along with the Pakistan Taliban are active in these parts of Pakistan which border Afghanistan.

Last year, Taliban militants took over shops and homes of 35 Sikh families and arrested community leaders in Ferozkhel, Orakzai Agency.

So its RAW then?

why am I not surprised, everyone who keeps blaming RAW for taliban is just a taliban supporter trying to hide his past love as its not convenient to show it now.

Not long ago so many were busy defending the taliban, now taliban = raw.

We see through you.

Back to the thread..............any idea why they were killed/murdered other then being Sikh or from a minority and by whom..........I am taking it an investigation in going to be held

The last I read was that the region is not under control of GOP. Wonder how the investigation will take place ?

Sikhs in Jammu and Kashmir protest Taliban act, call shutdown Tuesday
Mon, Feb 22 07:33 PM

Jammu, Feb 22 (IANS) Sikh organisations in Jammu and Kashmir have called for a general strike Tuesday to protest against the beheading of a Sikh by the Taliban near Pakistan's Peshawar city.

Addressing a press conference Monday, Sudershan Singh Wazir, convenor of the All Jammu and Kashmir Sikh United Front, said what happened to Sikhs in Pakistan was 'brutal'.

'It is unacceptable,' he said.

The body of Jaspal Singh was found in Pakistan's restive tribal region Sunday, triggering panic in the small community that has faced the ire of the Taliban for some time.

Jaspal was kidnapped along with two other Sikhs -- Gurvinder Singh and Gurjit Singh -- from Tirah Valley in Khyber Agency near the provincial capital Peshawar 34 days ago, DawnNews and other Pakistani media reported.

The BBC, however, said two Sikhs had been done to death, and identified the second man as Mastan Singh. The Taliban demanded Rs.3 crore as ransom for their release, media reports said.

Wazir claimed that several student organizations, the Jammu Bar Association and Jammu Chamber of Commerce and Industry have also supported the shutdown call Tuesday.

'This is to show to the world how the Sikh community is facing harassment in Pakistan. They are being pressurised to convert and are being killed,' Wazir said, demanding that the centre should raise the issue with Pakistan.

India is not modern but not cruel to that level of beheading.

Yeah! Indians just burn alive innocent Australian Priests and their young toddlers to a crisp in their cars while watching them on the outside!! :disagree:

And 'be-heading' is in your religion. What are those things which KAALI holds in her hands and to whom you bow your heads?

Last edited:
Yes sure, when you can't find the killers of your PM you are definately going to have a serious investigation into the deaths of two sikhs killed by TTP or the Taliban.

:coffee:

Its simply a crime & murder and it will be treated under the law of the land!

Those Sikhs were Pakistani citizens.

Thanks again for your maligned 'concern'!!

The last I read was that the region is not under control of GOP. Wonder how the investigation will take place ?

Minorities have been living in FATA under the local laws for centuries and hence they are well aware of how to ensure their well being and get justice by using the local system.

Hows the investigation behind Muslim murders of Gujrat going so far?

This is disgrace to humanity. Very sad news. I can't think of this kind of cruel act in modern society anywhere.

Right, it is Peshawar been talked abt and it is not Modern society, there, its wild area.

India condemns beheading of Sikhs, urges strict action
Mon, Feb 22 05:55 PM

India on Monday condemned the killing of two Sikhs by Taliban in North-West province of Pakistan and said such "barbaric acts" will take "us back to the medieval times."

"Government of India condemn this barbaric act," External Affairs Minister S M Krishna told reporters here when asked about the killing of two Sikhs, who were kidnapped a month ago for ransom.

"We condemn this barbaric act of Taliban who have taken into custody three of the Indian nationals. The message that I have received which needs to be updated is that one has been done away with and other two are kept under captivation," he said.

Though the minister described these Sikhs as "Indian nationals", the reports from Pakistan have been maintaining that they were locals living in that area.

An estimated 10,000 Sikhs lived in the NWFP and in the tribal belt, particularly Aurakzai Agency, till the Taliban imposed 'jiziya' or religious tax on them last year. Most members of the community then fled to cities across Pakistan.

"Violent methods will take us back to the medieval times," Krishna said.

According to the reports from Pakistan, some more members of the minority community are still in the custody of the Taliban.

Minister of State for External affairs Parneet Kaur speaking to media at her residence also said "Its deeply Unfortunate, we condemn the killing outrightly."

"Last time Sikhs were threatened to pay Jazia and Pakistan had said it is its internal matter, I appeal to Pakistan to take strict action" said Parneet Kaur. Thousands of Sikh Members have been living in NWFP for over 200 years. Many of them living in Khyber are reportedly paying Jazia tax an Islamic tax collected by non Muslims.

The Shiromani Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee (SGPC), the highest decision-making body of Sikhs has severely condemned the beheading and strong protests and demonstrations are planned outside the Pakistan High Commission in New Delhi.

Congress condemned as "extremely unfortunate" the killing of Sikhs in Pakistan and said it expects the government to take up the matter with the neighbouring country.

"We condemn the killings. It is extremely unfortunate...We expect the government to talk to Pakistan to protect the lives of the minorities there," party spokesman Manish Tewari told reporters outside Parliament House.

He said the incident was a clear message to those who draw a distinction between good Taliban and bad Taliban and added that this "medieval thought (of beheading) needs to be crushed with resolute firmness".

Shameless stupid dumb heads are not going to bless anyone :tsk:

I am 100% sure he was not spy. They wanted their prisoners freed by the Government of Afghanistan, their demand was not met and they beheaded him. It is strange that there are 2 atrocities were committed by AT and TTP, you condemn the TTP one but dont condemn the one which was committed by AT.

Most of the Afghan warlords included in the Government of Afghanistan are involved in Kidnapping for ransom.

India condemns beheading of Sikhs, urges strict action
Mon, Feb 22 05:55 PM

"We condemn this barbaric act of Taliban who have taken into custody three of the Indian nationals. The message that I have received which needs to be updated is that one has been done away with and other two are kept under captivation," he said.

Though the minister described these Sikhs as "Indian nationals", the reports from Pakistan have been maintaining that they were locals living in that area.

An Indian channel was taking my comments over the incident just before that they were airing this same statement of Indian Minister who were saying that "Three Indians were taken into custody by Taliban"

I just want to ask the Indians here, is it true????????

Because as far as we know all three Sikhs are Pakistani and from our NWFP who had been kidnapped by these terrorist thick heads dogs.

What made the Indian official claim this?

Back
Top Bottom