What's new

How PUNJAB came to dominate the Army

Look here is the narrative- it’s pretty straightforward and it lays out how different groups feel they are discriminated, that they give more and receive less:-

Karachi people: feel they pay taxes and bankroll the rest of the country but don’t get enough funds for our own city- before or after the 18th amendment. Might be wrong but that is the narrative.

Sindh people: feel that the water is not shared as per past agreements and that Punjab consumes more water than agreed.

Baloch people: feel that the resources they provide to the rest of the federation they do not get adequate recompense for it, ie Sui gas.

KPK people: complain that they were drone striked but no one cared then.

Punjab people: would love to understand how exactly the state has screwed you all over.

As country worsens expect people to chimp out on ethnic grounds more.

It’s already happening on twitter and Tik tok amongst diaspora.

you need a mass protest movement or something for Sindh government to give y'all autonomy cause only they have the authority to do so

Mass protest is going to get clamped down on by Sindh police and rangers. Papa Zardari isn’t going to allow it.

This is why Karachi sooba is very necessary and in need of the hour. The financial capital of the country is being held hostage.

Our brothers in AJk, potohar, south Punjab dislike all of it
Don't do that, ignore it if you want but that just alienates people- I would never get behind it

And Adina baig didn't took care of the problem when he had the means to easily take care of it- in the end we had to suffer especially the hills people
That showed a lack of ruthless in realpolitik

Stating plain facts. Afghan marauders were extremely cruel towards Punjabis regardless of their religion. Mughals weren't much better either. A lot of times Punjabis (Sikhs and Muslims) fought together against these foreign invaders. Banda Bahadur Singh, when he founded first Punjabi state, could do so only because 500 Punjabi Muslim horsemen had pledged their allegiance to him near Ravi.

I avoid posting here a lot of things I know/have read about only because it could alienate fellow countrymen. But these mofo anti Punjab racists have been given a freehand by PDF management to insult Punjab and Punjabis here

Last edited:
Who voted for Nawaz in 2013 😂?

PTI was put on the stage in KPK in 2012, when it defeated ANP. To this day, ANP still struggles to have any votes.

Karachi is held hostage by PPP.

He never went past DG Khan and Jamrud. So FATA, Southern Pashtun areas, and Baloch areas never were under his rule.

His empire only lasted 50 years. He was also brutal towards your people as well. And his actual descendants did the worst stuff doing partition.

Are you going to deny the fact that project Imran Khan by establishment was started in 2011. We are not kids anymore so you better accept this fact.

Stating plain facts. Afghan marauders were extremely cruel towards Punjabis regardless of their religion. Mughals weren't much better either. A lot of times Punjabis (Sikhs and Muslims) fought together against these foreign invaders. Banda Bahadur Singh, when he founded first Punjabi state, could do so only because 500 Punjabi Muslim horsemen had pledged their alliance to him near Ravi.
Whatever Truth or false, I don't get behind this whatsoever, you do you but in my eyes it's not acceptable
I don't post here a lot of things I know/have read about only because it could alienate fellow countrymen. But these mofo anti Punjab racists have been given a freehand by PDF management to insult Punjab and Punjabis here
Dude a Hindu nationalist dude was doing thier usual punjabi Muslims, convert cucks and shit rant - which I don't really give a f about
They're Pajeets, they're like cockroaches to me- they mean Nothing

But anti Punjabi Pakistani on pdf went and supported his rants like a POS
How you gonna hate someone so much that you as a Muslim Pakistani have to go and support literal f-ing Hindu nationalists rants? Lmao 🤣🤣🤣💀💀💀

Last edited:
Are you going to deny the fact that project Imran Khan by establishment was started in 2011. We are not kids anymore so you better accept this fact.

Only PMLN social media team says that.

If that was the case there wouldn’t have been irregularities in the 2018 election.

So the Afghani arse licker is back in the thread with his anti Punjab venom...

Read up a little on Ranjeet Singh's empire and Army. Ranjit Singh was invited by Lahori Muslims (Arains) to rid the city of Bhangi/Kanhiya misl Sikh tyrants who had been ruling Lahore for 30 years. Muslims helped him conquer the city (and he generously rewarded them). Ranjit Singh built a few new mosques and restored some others (Sonehri mosque for example) in the city. He wasn't a 'mosque-destroyer' as alleged by some, but Sikhs generally hated Mughals (as the latter had killed Sikh gurus) and were not very fond of Mughal structures. Badshahi mosque was seen more as a symbol of Mughal legacy (than a Muslim worship place) by Sikh rulers. Ranjit Singh otherwise was generally tolerant of all religions (including Islam). He had many Muslims in his Army, his foreign minister and home minister were muslims (Faqeer family of Lahore). He set up separate courts for Muslims (and appointed Nizam ud din as chief Qazi) and so on ....

He, however, was brutal towards your Afghani ancestors and subjugated the barbarians
So if you Ranjeet Singh's reincarnated missing left nuts believe Sikh rule was a net positive for Punjabi Muslims and the way you've gone out of the way to justify Ranjeet Singh's destruction of Badshahi masjid than you've just given more credence to the notion that you are a subservient people with no ability to stand up to your subjugators. Instead of resisting the bhangi Sikhs on their own, had to call in the head sikh. I'm surprised there's no standing Mazar for Ranjeet Singh in Lahore so the worship can continue, though attempts have been made.

So if you Ranjeet Singh's reincarnated missing left nuts believe Sikh rule was a net positive for Punjabi Muslims and the way you've gone out of the way to justify Ranjeet Singh's destruction of Badshahi masjid than you've just given more credence to the notion that you are a subservient people with no ability to stand up to your subjugators. Instead of resisting the bhangi Sikhs on their own, had to call in the head sikh. I'm surprised there's no standing Mazar for Ranjeet Singh in Lahore so the worship can continue, though attempts have been made.

We can understand your frustration. Your backwardness is not Punjab's fault, the sooner you realize this the better for you

Last edited:
Well Ofcourse you did, Urban, posh urdustanis will take anything that's been fed to them with little thaught or self respect or looking for knowledge on that subject on your own

Open up any country on earth - on Earth where port cities don't earn the most money

That's not because of people in it, it's the location, it gathers revenues from throughout the country, it exports products from throughout the country, it's the entry, exit point of the country, it's the easiest place to export product from, it's where all of our company HQs are based even if most of their revenues come from anywhere else - Karachi's affairs are with Sindh government ask them, it's thier City

This or look for city based devolution reforms - Karachi is not someone else's problem except for Sindh government and people of Karachi

That's literally what 18th amendment is, federal government is not powerful legally speaking yet all of the expenses are given by the fed government- you need a mass protest movement or something for Sindh government to give y'all autonomy cause only they have the authority to do so
Dude, okay do the following. Take all the taxes gathered. Remove excise taxes collected as port city, import/export, etc. look at just income tax, look at just GST tax, look at how much taxes are generated by the markets/bazaars in Karachi- compare that with Lahore.

Your argument explains part of the differential, sure, but it is lazy.

Well Ofcourse you did, Urban, posh urdustanis will take anything that's been fed to them with little thaught or self respect or looking for knowledge on that subject on your own

Open up any country on earth - on Earth where port cities don't earn the most money

That's not because of people in it, it's the location, it gathers revenues from throughout the country, it exports products from throughout the country, it's the entry, exit point of the country, it's the easiest place to export product from, it's where all of our company HQs are based even if most of their revenues come from anywhere else - Karachi's affairs are with Sindh government ask them, it's thier City

This or look for city based devolution reforms - Karachi is not someone else's problem except for Sindh government and people of Karachi

That's literally what 18th amendment is, federal government is not powerful legally speaking yet all of the expenses are given by the fed government- you need a mass protest movement or something for Sindh government to give y'all autonomy cause only they have the authority to do so
Also this ignores my point here. This has been the case from well before 18th amendment. 18th amendment just made things worse because it essentially handed Karachi to Zardari on a plate. But even so, you cannot deny what happened even before the 18th amendment.

I recently went to visit Karachi- and everyone was bitching about how all the public positions in the city have been filled with PpP lackeys.

@M. Sarmad @SaadH

Normally, people settling in plains are more docile and reconciling. Pashtuns settled in UP, MP, Punjab, Kashmir, Gujrat, etc are more diplomatic than aggressive. I am not sure if you are Sindhi or Pashtun or Afghani.

Anyway, IK saying Bajwa said that the next one would inflict more pain.

I have a question for you guys. Did you get to choose your ethnicity at your birth or was it totally random?

If the answer is no why are you trying to justify the actions of your ethnicity?

I mean if 500 years ago, some Punjabi Musalman Horseman sided with Sikhs or some Pushtoon sided with Afghans how does it effect our current situation?

None of us was there to understand their situation or their actions. But somehow you guys are hell bent on justifying the actions of long gone characters.

IMHO history is just a recollection of past events and the results of those events. It never proves anyone right or wrong and should be used to make informed decisions. Not for wining some debate or something. Period.

If the answer is no why are you trying to justify the actions of your ethnicity?
They are discussing the validity and truth to what's being claimed, and whether it is justified.

It's a healthy discussion to have and reveals more about one's origin and society than you may think

Martial race was the biggest fraud that the British did to the Punjabi and Pakhtoon brothers which they wore like a medal on their chest till recently.

Very happy that there is an awakening and that all sections of our society are now defining our own identity instead of licking on exploitative constructs of a manipulative colonial master.

The army and the bureaucracy is still engrossed in it though.

Stating plain facts. Afghan marauders were extremely cruel towards Punjabis regardless of their religion. Mughals weren't much better either. A lot of times Punjabis (Sikhs and Muslims) fought together against these foreign invaders. Banda Bahadur Singh, when he founded first Punjabi state, could do so only because 500 Punjabi Muslim horsemen had pledged their allegiance to him near Ravi.

I avoid posting here a lot of things I know/have read about only because it could alienate fellow countrymen. But these mofo anti Punjab racists have been given a freehand by PDF management to insult Punjab and Punjabis here
First Punjabi State was founded by Adina Beg Arain. Banda Singh Bahadur did countless massacres the prominent one being the one in Sirhind Punjabi Muslims have a rich history much more greater than anyone before or after.

I have a question for you guys. Did you get to choose your ethnicity at your birth or was it totally random?

I mean if 500 years ago, some Punjabi Musalman Horseman sided with Sikhs or some Pushtoon sided with Afghans how does it effect our current situation?

None of us was there to understand their situation or their actions. But somehow you guys are hell bent on justifying the actions of long gone characters.

IMHO history is just a recollection of past events and the results of those events. It never proves anyone right or wrong and should be used to make informed decisions. Not for wining some debate or something. Period.
First of learn history before giving lecturers 500 years ago Sikhism wasn't even born all the raids Sikhs committed were of later history from the late 1700s. Once the Mughals were in decline Punjab was effectively ruled by small kingdoms or chieftains whom were mostly of Muhammadan sect.

I completely agree bro.

We are all equally Pakistani. Whatever ethnicity or whatever. Need to form a functioning state. Fulfill Jinnah and Iqbal’s dream.

That's not true... , Delhi sultanate had many Punjabi Muslim king's...
Many governors, generals, kings etc one of whom made his own dynasty in Gujarat and parts Rajasthan couple 100 years later it was taken over by Mughals under Akbar
Mughal empire was Mughal empire partly cause of it's legendary generals from Punjab who conquered so many regions for em

Although you can say first to follow Punjabi culture - but even here Ghazi Maliks tughlaqs followed Punjabi culture way more than Adina baig himself ever did

Punjab based dynasty whose capital was in Punjab - maybe but that just shows he never got to capture Delhi like the other big one's

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom