What's new

PAKISTAN WIN WORLD CUP 2009!!

I think Shahzaib should be groomed into a good position. If Akmal and Shahzaib pulled it off in good seaming English wickets then they will definitely be someone to watch for on Indian hard wickets. The only way I'd experiment with a change between those two would be to bring in Imran Nazir back and see how he does. You know hes the top performer in ICL. Him and Farhat have demolished ICL bowlers and are veterans of the Indian pitches now.

Batting will have to click, we need players who can post 300 on the score board while playing in India. We won't win that one with our bowling strength as we did here.

I agree with you there Imran Nazir has been excellent with the bat through out his carreer, he might of had the odd bad day but was it not the last IPL final of Lahore Badsha against another big team where a pulled off a stunning knock against them. I have always enjoyed his batting his aggression to get quick runs he has been the maverick Pakistani batting. I think the new PCB management should allow the players to come back in from IPL and let them play for Pakistan. Was Umar Gull not a IPL player before he got his big break trhough?

Our Bowelling strength as we are right now is unit of match winners.

congratulations to all .. tom is KEEMA day .. i am going to pester my pakistani friend with this request tom...

Keema? You know what that is? Keema is beef.

We Pakistanis love eating Keema too but we eat sweets (mathai) when we hear good news.

:pakistan:

Parites and gatherings in NY & NJ took place as well i just back man it was fun will try to post some pic's long live Pakistan.

Parites and gatherings in NY & NJ took place as well i just back man it was fun will try to post some pic's long live Pakistan.

Pakistanis everywhere in the world are celebrating.

You made us proud today Pakistan cricket team.

May Allah always give Pakistanis good news. Ameen.

Top stories

Younis retires from T20 Cricket.

Afridi wants to captain Pakistan
Yahoonews, IANS, 21 June 2009
London: Pakistan's star all-rounder Shahid Afridi wants to lead his country in international cricket before retiring from the game.

Afridi, the chief architect of Pakistan's impressive ICC World Twenty20 campaign here in England, Sunday said it is his greatest wish to captain Pakistan before saying goodbye to international cricket.

The flamboyant Afridi is one of the senior players in the Pakistan team but is not considered as a future captain amidst the presence of current skipper Younus Khan and vice-captain Misbah-ul-Haq.

'It would be great if I get a chance to lead Pakistan before retiring,' said Afridi, who has impressed both with the bat and ball in the ICC World Twenty20.

However, Afridi made it clear that he has no problems with Younis. 'Younis is a great captain and a good leader,' he said. 'He has given me and other players a lot of confidence.'

Afridi, 29, according to some experts could be a good choice to captain Pakistan in Twenty20 internationals.

Yahoo! Cricket News - Afridi wants to captain Pakistan

As Younus retires from T20, Shahid Afridi should be given a chance to lead pakistan in this format.

There is no one like Boom Boom Aridi

95aead2f15a957e161ad2097ed0c4972.jpg

Pakistan nation ecstatic as Pak becomes T20 champion

Updated at: 2346 PST, Sunday, June 21, 2009
KARACHI: People of Pakistan including Karachi started fire crackers, danced on streets and distributed sweets as Pakistan cricket team made the country proud by winning the Twenty20 World Cup after outclassing Sri Lanka in the final.

President Asif Ali Zardari on Sunday felicitated the nation on Pakistan glorious victory in the ICC World Twenty 20 Cup final against Sri Lanka at Lords.

The President in a message to the captain of Pakistani team, Yunus Khan congratulated him as well as the whole team and management for bringing laurels and pride to the country.

Can anyone from the major cities of Pakistan tell us how the scene is right now?

People have gone mad here at Karachi. Fire crackers, people are dancing everywhere.

Just came back from DHA lahore, and the celebrations were WILD! A sea of people everywhere, dancing and chanting on 'Jazba Junoon' and ' Ham hein Pakistani'! It was truly an AMAZING sight!

2f90277172bc70b3d6c3f76df2249fbf.jpg

ed21ef6ea45ad84079587defedbc4fe1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom