What's new

PAKISTAN WIN WORLD CUP 2009!!

This Victory shows raw talent and the best world Cup finish ever, but most importantly it is a staunch below to those who thought they could conner Pakistan and take cricket away from it, we make the cricket and you play it, not the other way around.

Pakistan nation ecstatic as Pak becomes T20 champion

Updated at: 2346 PST, Sunday, June 21, 2009
KARACHI: People of Pakistan including Karachi started fire crackers, danced on streets and distributed sweets as Pakistan cricket team made the country proud by winning the Twenty20 World Cup after outclassing Sri Lanka in the final.

President Asif Ali Zardari on Sunday felicitated the nation on Pakistan glorious victory in the ICC World Twenty 20 Cup final against Sri Lanka at Lords.

The President in a message to the captain of Pakistani team, Yunus Khan congratulated him as well as the whole team and management for bringing laurels and pride to the country.

Can anyone from the major cities of Pakistan tell us how the scene is right now?

Congrats to Pakistan.

I remember saying in this thread that Sri Lanka will win. I guess i've eaten humble pie. They beat two undefeated teams on their way to the championship, they deserved to win.

There are so many parallels between this WC and the one in 1992. We beat NZ (semi) and England (finals), who were sort of undefeated before they came up against Pak.

Pakistan just barely made it to the semis then and they pretty much had to win every game at one point too.

Sanjay Manjrekar cracked a nice joke the other day in the game vs NZ. He said Younis Khan was so happy saying that this is a do or die game for us, because he knows this is when they perform their best.

Guys turn on Geo, all of Pakistan is going nuts in celebrations!

We should really start setting up cricket camps all across the Pashtun areas. The second time our Pathan bhai has clinched the cup for us!

I so would love to see another 16 year old pull off century like Boom Boom Afridi did.

I think we need good opening pair Batsman for the coming World Cup Pakistan has always struggled in producing good pair, especially Amir Sohail and Saeed Anwar style.

I so would love to see another 16 year old pull off century like Boom Boom Afridi did.

I think we need good opening pair Batsman for the coming World Cup Pakistan has always struggled in producing good pair, especially Amir Sohail and Saeed Anwar style.

I think Shahzaib should be groomed into a good position. If Akmal and Shahzaib pulled it off in good seaming English wickets then they will definitely be someone to watch for on Indian hard wickets. The only way I'd experiment with a change between those two would be to bring in Imran Nazir back and see how he does. You know hes the top performer in ICL. Him and Farhat have demolished ICL bowlers and are veterans of the Indian pitches now.

Batting will have to click, we need players who can post 300 on the score board while playing in India. We won't win that one with our bowling strength as we did here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom