What's new

Pakistan will launch a two-seater version of JF-17 - Induction of JF-17B in 2017

Excellent new!! :)
:yahoo:

BTW the plane do not really "looks" that good :P
That do not matters anyway!!

A great step froward to exploiting the export potential and also meeting domestic needs.

It will be interesting to know what engine was used. It looks a little different to me than what we are using on our JF17-As Blk-I and Blk-II planes. Also there were talks of a different engine to further improve export prospects.

One more thing to point out here, may be not that significant, is that it is quite different from the model we were shown earlier.
C964sz7VoAEp1BN.jpg

The forward fuselage is a lot shorter and i am not very excited about that (keeping in mind possible radar and IRST).

The LERX seems a bit shorter too but may be this is just the viewing angle, plus the much known larger spine is pretty clear to see and notice. :)

It is being reported that it features the new 3-axis FBW system.

Anyway, i am happy because this will help the exports, the twin seat variant was mainly envisioned for exports and as LIFT platform for PAF as well as active combat role. The number of hard-points, payload, radar and avionics and engine details will be interesting and will give more idea about its capabilities.

Last edited:
Excellent new!! :)
:yahoo:

BTW the plane do not really "looks" that good :P
That do not matters anyway!!

A great step froward to exploiting the export potential and also meeting domestic needs.

It will be interesting to know what engine was used. It looks a little different to me than what we are using on our JF17-As Blk-I and Blk-II planes. Also there were talks of a different engine to further improve export prospects.

One more thing to point out here, may be not that significant, is that it is quite different from the model we were shown earlier.
C964sz7VoAEp1BN.jpg

The forward fuselage is a lot shorter and i am not very excited about that (keeping in mind possible radar and IRST).

The LERX seems a bit shorter too but may be this is just the viewing angle, plus the much known larger spine is pretty clear to see and notice. :)

Anyway, i am happy because this will help the exports, the twin seat variant was mainly envisioned for exports and as LIFT platform for PAF as well as active combat role. The number of hard-points, payload, radar and avionics and engine details will be interesting and will give more idea about its capabilities.

The nose cone is a conundrum. We were promised a bigger nose but the one in the picture actually looks shorter. Maybe this is only a prototype?

The LERX don't look shorter to me in the new pics.

Is there any possibility that JF17b is a joint endeavour of China and Pakistan to knock the doors of advanced trainer market?

The nose cone is a conundrum. We were promised a bigger nose but the one in the picture actually looks shorter. Maybe this is only a prototype?

The LERX don't look shorter to me in the new pics.
Yes, the more i see it do looks like it was the viewing angle that made me say that. It surely is a prototype but i do not expect much changes when we go into production.
Lets see.

TyE573P.jpg

166.jpg

C-ZAUX8VwAEVHON.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Yes, the more i see it do looks like it was the viewing angle that made me say that. It surely is a prototype but i do not expect much changes when we go into production.
Lets see.

View attachment 393323
View attachment 393321

View attachment 393322
View attachment 393318

View attachment 393319

Here's a hunch. That protruding pilot tube on the nose cone might go away. It would make sense to gather data on a prototype, but latest fighter jets seem to be avoiding it. And JF-17 already has measurement instruments on the body so it shouldn't need it on the cone.

Well it looks pretty good from other angles. The main thing is how much additional fuel and avionics it can accommodate now. Also, as Alen Warns stated on Twitter, the later JFTBs will have AESA, is the nose modified? Currently I can't see nose enlarged. @MastanKhan

Back
Top Bottom