What's new

Pakistan to give preference to Pakistani Military products.

We cant compare corrupt Pakistani politicians, bureaucrat, and businessmen with patriotic Americans (corruption is there but not as much; I know it because I have worked in R&D sector in states for 5 years before assuming my current position). Secondly, Pakistan was not a lawless and power deprived country before 1999. What Pakistan achieved during that time? Practically nothing.

Regarding cars, it is nothing to do with purchasing power. That was (is) a venture to assemble Japanese cars (to sell at reasonable prices in Pakistan), not to design newer or better models. As far as purchasing power of average Pakistanis is concerned, it has increased little if any, thanks to inflation. More cars are seen on the road because of bank financing, not because of increased purchasing power.

We are a consumer society with no investment in research and development. Additionally, corruption is engraved in the genes of Pakistani elites. As i have said, the proposal looks good on the surface but how much it will yield is remained to be seen. Given the track record of corrupt Pakistani elite, i have little if any hope.

Last edited:
I really don't know what would be better to say on this " a good move" or " a very smart move on Defence Industry - Paksitan"
what used to be the case is many AT Forces, Police, LEA procure weapons from abroad and most of them pick Glock,M-4 etc.

what happened very recently is POF- getting into long term contract with Sarsilmaz. They will behave been importing (might start producing too) some handguns, shotguns, and the word has it, SAR .223 will be hitting soon.

If you recall just last week, Punjab's new anti terrorist force tested Sarsilmaz handguns by pof......

I really don't know what would be better to say on this " a good move" or " a very smart move on Defence Industry - Paksitan"
what used to be the case is many AT Forces, Police, LEA procure weapons from abroad and most of them pick Glock,M-4 etc.

what happened very recently is POF- getting into long term contract with Sarsilmaz. They will behave been importing (might start producing too) some handguns, shotguns, and the word has it, SAR .223 will be hitting soon.

If you recall just last week, Punjab's new anti terrorist force tested Sarsilmaz handguns by pof......

Do you mean that POF is looking for production of SAR-223?
If true than this is an awesome news. I hope that they put it out there fore the civilians too.

SAR223_img.jpg

The strange thing is that why did the govt give out this order. We would think that any weapons produced indies Pakistan were already being used by our military. Only things which they cannot manufacture were being imported.
If our own army cannot trust our local manufacturer's quality how can we expect to sell it to other countries.

Other thn weapons, Pakistan should really start manufacturing its own cars, trains etc.

we do produce locomotive engines.. but its high time we develop our auto industry... which corruption destroyed years ago.. be it SkoPak car....Nishan (JEEP),Yasoob Truck.. or even companies like BECO etc...

Last edited:
not production - but import for sure - they have already procured Shotguns and Handguns, SAR .223 is on the table too....
Do you mean that POF is looking for production of SAR-223?
If true than this is an awesome news. I hope that they put it out there fore the civilians too.

SAR223_img.jpg

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom